Election 2011: What you need to know ...

Election 2011: What you need to know about Saturday's elections

There are 20 comments on the El Paso Times story from May 12, 2011, titled Election 2011: What you need to know about Saturday's elections. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Municipal elections in El Paso, Anthony, Texas, Horizon, Socorro and Vinton will be held Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Cook-ie Monster

El Paso, TX

#1 May 12, 2011
Bonjour Vitches!!!!
Cathy

El Paso, TX

#2 May 12, 2011
Manny Hinohosa is the family values candidate running in District 1. You can find out about his qualifications at www.mannyhinohosa.org .
Know This

El Paso, TX

#3 May 12, 2011
What You Need to Know

Is We Need Honest, Ethical, People, Who Know

How to Count, and Not Spend Away All of Our Money,

Or leave us In Debt Borrowing money On The Backs

Of the Taxpayers of elpaso.

What you nee to know is that We Need politicians

Who will stand up for the People of This Country

And Not for people from Other Countries

Who Don't Even Like us.

No More Spending, No More Debt, No More Amnesty,

No More Ignoring us elpasoans.

Enough with the radical social programs.

We need to Save Money, Not Waste It.
Linda

United States

#4 May 12, 2011
We also need to know to vote yes on all the bond issues. Like the lovely columnist said today in the Times, it's all for the children and they need our tender love and support, not to mention more of our dough. I vote two thumbs up on all the bonds.
TRUTH

El Paso, TX

#5 May 12, 2011
Thank You for reading

El Paso, TX

#6 May 13, 2011
My Fellow El Pasoans,

First of all, I want to tell you I am not going to trash my city with yard signs. I am a small businessman. I never planned to run for city council, but when our economy stalled and I read how city hall is spending our money, lack of services and high permit fees.... I thought I could help.

As an insurance expert, I have spent my career balancing budgets and helping El Pasoans save money in insuring their prized possessions. And as a conservative I think when our families are cutting back, government should cut back too.

Most El Pasoans are taxed by over 5 taxing entities. A tax increase is not on my agenda. Neither is creating a new one for public parks.

We need to make the environment at city hall, more business and citizen friendly, a public service place. I will push in that direction. We need a city government that we can go to for legitimate help. And letís get back to city hall staying open 5 days a week. You work 5 days a week, our public servants should too.

During our recent winter storm we were an unprepared city. Our city was literally crippled. Our frail and elderly had no guidance.

There are lessons to be learned. During an emergency, you don't obligate people whose homes are either flooding or without water to first pull a permit before they attempt repairs. That's a no-brainer. I will work hard toward fixing our errors and inefficiencies.

We need a city government that believes in traditional family values.

I am not a West-Side transplant. I was born and raised here. I am a product of our educational system having attended Morehead, a graduate of Coronado high school and a proud graduate of our hometown university, UTEP.

In this unpredictable economy, El Paso faces many challenges ahead.

If you think its time to put City Hall on a fixed income, I'd appreciate your vote.

I have the energy, enthusiasm & commitment to truly represent the citizens of District 1. Many thanks.

Please visit www.abepeinado.com .

Sincerely,

Abe Peinado
HAHA

El Paso, TX

#7 May 13, 2011
http://www.ktsm.com/news/city-representative -... i see another city employees name on that email too. I wonder how many "arcy's" there are at city hall with ties to Jack Winton? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmm..........
JV EPT

United States

#8 May 13, 2011
TRUTH wrote:
http://www.ktsm.com/news/city- representative-being-investiga ted-misuse-of-city-resources
. I just love this!!! And who is "arcy"? Appears to me that she's involved in the scandal as well. Does she have ties to Jack Winton? The chickens are coming home to roost! Bring that whole bs council down! Except for holguin. He's ok.
TRUTH

Livermore, CA

#9 May 13, 2011
JV EPT wrote:
<quoted text>. I just love this!!! And who is "arcy"? Appears to me that she's involved in the scandal as well. Does she have ties to Jack Winton? The chickens are coming home to roost! Bring that whole bs council down! Except for holguin. He's ok.
Sorry Abe, no need to throw mud at someone who dumped you long ago. You're married now, get over it.
Mejicano

El Paso, TX

#10 May 13, 2011
Vote Sonia Brown!
Polly

El Paso, TX

#11 May 13, 2011
What was really needed was a map of the council districts. I do not know anyone wwho caan describe where the district boundaries are. Thanks for nothing EPT.
John Doe

El Paso, TX

#12 May 13, 2011
Please vote "NO" for Anthony ISD Bond issue.
james russell ret

El Paso, TX

#13 May 13, 2011
It seems that are Esteemed City Rep Ann Morgan Lilly has had Ethic violations filed against her and the criminal code violation for using city equipment and workers to bolster her campaign. Wonder what is going to happen Now!?
District 1

El Paso, TX

#14 May 13, 2011
Ooooohhh man...things are really starting to heat up in District 1! Check out the media and the blogs:

http://refusethejuice.typepad.com/

http://laderechablog.blogspot.com/

http://www.thelionstarblog.blogspot.com/

http://www.kvia.com/index.html

tp://www.ktsm.com/

Ann Morgan "Betti Flores" Lilly and Lyda "What a Mess" Garcia are raging a war of attrition. I have a feeling that once the smoke clears in District 1 we will be left with Tim "I Hope You All Go To Hell" Besco as our rep. I love this place!
ohmygosh

El Paso, TX

#15 May 13, 2011
Save your homes from foreclosures as a result of your monthly payments sky rocketing, VOTE NO!

Since: Aug 10

El Paso, TX

#16 May 13, 2011
What you really need to know is that all these goofballs are pre-selected status quo puppet shows to give you the illusion that you have a choice, and that you're a flea-picking ape for believing it.

Since: Aug 10

El Paso, TX

#17 May 13, 2011
Know This wrote:
What You Need to Know
Who Don't Even Like us.
What is this, poetry? Learn how to write, clown.
Ross

United States

#18 May 14, 2011
Where can I go vote?
el ojete

El Paso, TX

#19 May 14, 2011
Know This wrote:
What You Need to Know
Who Don't Even Like us.
"know this" until the 53+% who voted for nobama and the 47% who didn't realize that this man is going to drive this once great country to the crapper, that's when we will become great again!! Don't hold your breath though.........we have all this drones believing nobama will pay their gas, mortgages, new this, new that, GOD OPEN THEIR EYES AND UNDERSTANDING!!
Linda

United States

#20 May 15, 2011
Thanks to all the lovely, talented, attractive people who made the bond a reality. It's a beautiful morning here on the border now that we have won.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anthony Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Five arrested in school cheating indictments in... (Apr '16) May 13 Sniffable farts b... 15
News El Paso early voting for May 6 election dismal Apr 29 uIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 2
News Woman charged with fraud in alleged Ariana Gran... (Oct '15) Apr '17 A fan 14
la tuna federal prison camp (Apr '06) Mar '17 Smkelly 284
News Canutillo considers opposing low-income housing Feb '17 butters_ 1
Vinton Music Thread Feb '17 Musikologist 2
News Immigrants fear license checks (Nov '06) Aug '16 DC Dave 21

Anthony Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Anthony Mortgages