Got fireworks? Amnesty lets you give ...

Got fireworks? Amnesty lets you give them up

There are 36 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jun 22, 2011, titled Got fireworks? Amnesty lets you give them up. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Area residents who have fireworks can take advantage of a week-long amnesty period to turn them in to law enforcement without facing fines or citations, county officials announced during a news conference Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lupe Lucy Linda etc

El Paso, TX

#21 Jun 23, 2011
Radcon wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha Lucy,Linda,lupe, could you stick to one alias. Your a funny troll
Leave Lupe, Lucy, Linda alone. She has a right to speak too, ya know.
ITOLDYOU

United States

#22 Jun 23, 2011
Lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! We spent over $1500 on them this year because we're having a big bash and wanted to entertain our guests. I'll be damned if I'm just going to give them away without compensation.
Its your responsibilty and it is against the LAW to possess fireworks illegally. Here is OKC, you hear of no fireworks going off as most comply. The sale,possession and lighting of fw in the desert states should have been made illegal decades ago!
Lucy

United States

#23 Jun 23, 2011
ITOLDYOU wrote:
<quoted text> Its your responsibilty and it is against the LAW to possess fireworks illegally. Here is OKC, you hear of no fireworks going off as most comply. The sale,possession and lighting of fw in the desert states should have been made illegal decades ago!
I don't live in Oklahoma and I've never bee there. In Texas, it's legal to own and shoot fireworks, except for the temporary ban imposed as a result of this so-called drought. In this state, we respect individual's rights and the ability to pursue happiness with firearms, bottle rockets, M80's and the like.
ITOLDYOU

United States

#24 Jun 23, 2011
Lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't live in Oklahoma and I've never bee there. In Texas, it's legal to own and shoot fireworks, except for the temporary ban imposed as a result of this so-called drought. In this state, we respect individual's rights and the ability to pursue happiness with firearms, bottle rockets, M80's and the like.
I'll go out and report ones who light off fireworks to law enforcement.
Heston

El Paso, TX

#25 Jun 23, 2011
They can have my fireworks when they pry them from my cold dead hands!
ken

El Paso, TX

#26 Jun 23, 2011
ITOLDYOU wrote:
<quoted text> I'll go out and report ones who light off fireworks to law enforcement.
Your going to report 10,000 people?
Lucy

United States

#27 Jun 23, 2011
ITOLDYOU wrote:
<quoted text> I'll go out and report ones who light off fireworks to law enforcement.
You're not going to report me, big boy. I know how to stay incognito with years of experience.
Mark A

El Paso, TX

#28 Jun 23, 2011
So now Socorro says you can buy fireworks in Socorro, but not shoot them off there? Can't shoot em off anywhere in El Paso county, so I guess I'll shoot mine off on the moon? The people that make these rules are soooooo stupid.
ITOLDYOU

United States

#29 Jun 23, 2011
ken wrote:
<quoted text>
Your going to report 10,000 people?
Myself and 10,000 others. Make it worthwhile for those who report offenders by offering a small monetary reward. Up the fines so the city can profit. Any other questions?
Ken

El Paso, TX

#30 Jun 23, 2011
Law Enforcement and Fire Departments shoot off fireworks on the 4rth of July also. They like to cook out, drink a couple cold ones, and shoot off fireworks just like everyone else. Are you going to report them as well?
Leonard

United States

#31 Jun 23, 2011
Ken wrote:
Law Enforcement and Fire Departments shoot off fireworks on the 4rth of July also. They like to cook out, drink a couple cold ones, and shoot off fireworks just like everyone else. Are you going to report them as well?
He's talking out of his butt. Pay him no mind.
Ken

El Paso, TX

#32 Jun 23, 2011
Leonard wrote:
<quoted text>
He's talking out of his butt. Pay him no mind.
Some do. I speak the truth.
Ken

El Paso, TX

#33 Jun 23, 2011
They are making fireworks the scapegoat for all the recent fires started by careless individuals and other factors, not fireworks. BTW Leanard, bite me.
rene

El Paso, TX

#34 Jun 24, 2011
Bill M wrote:
You can still buy them in Socorro, but they don't let you shoot em up. What a dumb rule. Socorro just wants the money they charge the fireworks stands for setting up in Socorro (1,600.00 per stand). Socorro is a money whor(e) run by money hungry Mexicans who care absolutely nothing about the potential for fires in our dry, rainless state. Shame on you, moneywhores.(Socorro)
dumb rule!!!!not even. dont you smell a rat? or is it money under the table from the vendors or maybe the councilmember or members are the vendors? who knows it still smells rotten.
Governor Perry

El Paso, TX

#35 Jun 24, 2011
I got about 500.00 worth of bottle rockets hidden in the glove compartment of my saddle on my horse I'll be rawhide dang if I'm given them up.
blunder

El Paso, TX

#36 Jun 25, 2011
Governor Perry wrote:
I got about 500.00 worth of bottle rockets hidden in the glove compartment of my saddle on my horse I'll be rawhide dang if I'm given them up.
I have an idea. Shove a few of those rockets up your culo and light them up. That should be fun for everyone watching.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anthony Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
la tuna federal prison camp (Apr '06) Jul 20 Beenthere 280
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994
News Five arrested in school cheating indictments in... May '16 Petro 2
News Stabbing suspect surrenders (Dec '05) Dec '15 Garry TURDeau 2
News Romero criticizes El Paso Times investigation (Nov '15) Nov '15 chicken little 5
News Woman charged with fraud in alleged Ariana Gran... (Oct '15) Oct '15 a fan 2
Governor's energy plan sets up New Mexico for n... (Sep '15) Sep '15 John Ford 1

Anthony Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Anthony Mortgages