Got fireworks? Amnesty lets you give ...

Got fireworks? Amnesty lets you give them up

There are 36 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jun 22, 2011, titled Got fireworks? Amnesty lets you give them up. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Area residents who have fireworks can take advantage of a week-long amnesty period to turn them in to law enforcement without facing fines or citations, county officials announced during a news conference Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Thomas

El Paso, TX

#1 Jun 23, 2011
What a joke. We aren't giving up our fireworks. If they want to buy them back, then that's another story.
Lucy

El Paso, TX

#2 Jun 23, 2011
Thomas wrote:
What a joke. We aren't giving up our fireworks. If they want to buy them back, then that's another story.
Exactly! We spent over $1500 on them this year because we're having a big bash and wanted to entertain our guests. I'll be damned if I'm just going to give them away without compensation.
tortilla

Kemp, TX

#3 Jun 23, 2011
Another pendejada from our gay sheriff. if we are going to have a feminine sheriff lets vote out gay wiles and get a real woman in there!
Radcon

United States

#4 Jun 23, 2011
Lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! We spent over $1500 on them this year because we're having a big bash and wanted to entertain our guests. I'll be damned if I'm just going to give them away without compensation.
Haha Lucy,Linda,lupe, could you stick to one alias. Your a funny troll
interesting

El Paso, TX

#5 Jun 23, 2011
Radcon wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha Lucy,Linda,lupe, could you stick to one alias. Your a funny troll
So is your buck toothed smelly vagina ho of a wife!
Radcon

United States

#6 Jun 23, 2011
Typical know nothing troll. Is that the best you have Sachmo.

Dumazz.
interesting

El Paso, TX

#7 Jun 23, 2011
Radcon wrote:
Typical know nothing troll. Is that the best you have Sachmo.
Dumazz.
No I can do better scrotum breath but I don't want to make you cry again!
Radcon

United States

#8 Jun 23, 2011
I wasn't aware of a first time Sachmo.
silly know nothing troll.
Bill M

El Paso, TX

#9 Jun 23, 2011
You can still buy them in Socorro, but they don't let you shoot em up. What a dumb rule. Socorro just wants the money they charge the fireworks stands for setting up in Socorro (1,600.00 per stand). Socorro is a money whor(e) run by money hungry Mexicans who care absolutely nothing about the potential for fires in our dry, rainless state. Shame on you, moneywhores. (Socorro)
Cute stunt

United States

#10 Jun 23, 2011
How about doing the amnesty with drugs and get something accomplished!
Cathy

El Paso, TX

#11 Jun 23, 2011
Lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucy, Turn your fireworks in. It's too dangerous to use them.
Lucy

El Paso, TX

#12 Jun 23, 2011
Cathy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucy, Turn your fireworks in. It's too dangerous to use them.
I think I might just go across the border now to shoot them off. There's plenty of secluded places outside of Juarez.
ERIC

El Paso, TX

#13 Jun 23, 2011
Cute stunt wrote:
How about doing the amnesty with drugs and get something accomplished!
Yeah, it would be good if everyone turned in their drugs to the police and sheriff's department.
CATHY

El Paso, TX

#14 Jun 23, 2011
Lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I might just go across the border now to shoot them off. There's plenty of secluded places outside of Juarez.
Lucy, There's a drought in Juarez, too.
gert

El Paso, TX

#15 Jun 23, 2011
This whole thing is nuts. How about a law that states fireworks may not be shot off until we have rain? That would make sense. And banning possession? What a crock.
Lucy

El Paso, TX

#16 Jun 23, 2011
CATHY wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucy, There's a drought in Juarez, too.
Yes, but they don't have any fireworks bans over there. It's anyting goes.
Head

El Paso, TX

#17 Jun 23, 2011
Lucy wrote:
<quoted text>
Please go mensa! And then maybe your severed head with make the front page of the Diario or el PM!!!
gert

El Paso, TX

#18 Jun 23, 2011
Why don't the police start by enforcing the speed limit on the freeway, especially against the bullet bikers that scare the hell out of everyone and then claim no on watches out for them?

People fly down the freeways with no respect for the law. That has got to as dangerous and deadly as possessing a firework.
Sean

El Paso, TX

#19 Jun 23, 2011
Is the sheriff going to get a search warrant and search everyone's house in El Paso looking for fireworks? This is a scare tactic. El Pasoans are still going to shoot off their fireworks on the 4rth of July, just watch. It's going to be crazy in Socorro, where people are still going to buy their fireworks. You can't cite everyone, Mr sheriff, can you?
Rick

El Paso, TX

#20 Jun 23, 2011
Out of all the fires in El Paso recently, not one was set by fireworks. Ban dumb people instead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anthony Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 20 Banfartos 708
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 19 Fartdog 843
News Weather service warns of possible icy roads Thu... Jan '15 cat2009 13
News Sheriff's deputies arrest woman on 'most wanted... (Nov '08) Jan '15 Former Co-worker 18
News City tax bills to be mailed this week to El Pas... (Oct '14) Oct '14 huey goins 3
News Heavy traffic reported near Lupita's Tamales in... (Dec '09) Sep '14 david 15
la tuna federal prison camp (Apr '06) Aug '14 Shayne 277
More from around the web

Anthony People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]