2nd Offense Truancy
Samantha

Huntington, WV

#22 Apr 5, 2011
if this is the thing where they get you in trouble because your kids has missed to many days of school with little excuses they did that to me when I went to trail and charged me for everyday i wasn't in school even when I had quit....and charged me for lunch when i was already long gone..it was so screwed up they threatened to take my parents to jail, we just paid a fine and went on with our lives nobody likes that school...what a way to keep kids from wanting to go.
Upset Mother

Plano, TX

#23 Apr 6, 2011
Samantha wrote:
if this is the thing where they get you in trouble because your kids has missed to many days of school with little excuses they did that to me when I went to trail and charged me for everyday i wasn't in school even when I had quit....and charged me for lunch when i was already long gone..it was so screwed up they threatened to take my parents to jail, we just paid a fine and went on with our lives nobody likes that school...what a way to keep kids from wanting to go.
Its not like my kids missed 10 unexcused. If anything maybe 2, so it seems to me i have to put kids in danger while driving under medication. This tells me they give a crap about it.
Wow

United States

#24 Apr 6, 2011
All they care about is grants they get when their attendence is a higher percent thats what I heard anyways they should let parents be the judge of their own childrens health issues and rather or not they should keep them home afterall they dont know what goes on in a home or the problems and issues a family has or faces.
Samantha

Huntington, WV

#25 Apr 7, 2011
well i have high blood pressure, it ran in my family i was always sick due to the drama at school, the women in the office would always make fun because I always wanted to go home. it's kinda sad. I mean it was like i wasn't allowed to be sick. They want people to take their kids there while they are sick then tell them to take them home when they get others sick, it's just messed up. I get migranes alot due to the blood pressure, and the teachers or the office people didn't understand that at all, i had to have a good excuse to even want to call home.....
KBKC

Branchland, WV

#26 Apr 7, 2011
I can relate to what you are saying Samantha, I kinda had the same problem. When my son was in the 5th grade I was pregant with his sister and I stayed tired all the time due to being a high risk pregancy, I had anemia, gallstones, gestional diabetes and was giving myself 3-4 shots of insulin a day, then I was losing fluid and had to be put on an iv and had to go to the clinic 2-3 times a week to be monitored to make sure everything was okay. I didn't feel well at all and then my son was having problems in school with other kids, having trouble with his work and stuff and alot of health problems himself and I tried to homeschool him but they told me no and I kept him out anyways and he ended up only going like 3 weeks the whole school year and that's when I got my 1st truancy charge and fined and they told me a child had to be in school in order to get an education and he was missing school alot and wasn't getting any so I paid my fine and left and when the time came for west test I went to the school and asked if my son could come in and take it and they agreed so when my son took it he passed and was promoted to the 6th grade so I was really proud of him but my point is they didn't even ask about why he was missing so much school, didn't ask about problems at home just said that it was my responsibility to get him in school which I will admit it was but I was having a hard time and so was my son.
Rachel

Houston, TX

#27 May 13, 2012
If you get a second offense you go to jail right? Especially when you're 18? What if youre in the midst of recieving citizenship?? My friend was not absent, just tardy. I dont see why KatyISD counts tardiness as absenses. It's ridiculous! Let kids learn their lesson if they actually skip for no reason, not if they're late!
need a better secretary

Summersville, WV

#28 May 14, 2012
AMS needs a better secretary. I called to get days that my daughter missed and she she would take care of it I repeated. Her. Name 3 times and still have not received the dates of her absentees. They need someone that can get things done right
babs

Keyport, NJ

#29 May 23, 2012
Wondering wrote:
Was that for a 2nd offense truancy psshtt or was it your first?? I'm trying to find out if anyone has actually gotten jail time for the 2nd time around or not.
I know someone who they took their child away and put her in a home. The parents had to pay a fine. The child was a good person, she was left back when she was yonger 2x. When she was 12 children made fun of her because she was taller and and older.
Did they have feeling for this child? If the system would of work with this child, put her in a special class and took time out. She would of never been put away in a children Center. They should of help this child more. This is our system..Let put the child away instead of helping more. Taking more time out to understand what was going.
been through it all

Moneta, VA

#30 Jan 29, 2013
Im 17 now and I got caught with truancy when I was 15. I never went bc school was not for me. I wanted my GED, & wasn't aloud to get it. So I just never went back to school and pretty much said f**k it & didn't go to court when I was 16 & was on the run for truancy. I was on thne run for like 5 months, they found me and locked me up in gene spadaro for a bounty and a half then sent me to Florence Crittenton for 7 more months. I just got out on the 12 of January and have only been in school for 2 weeks and im already ready to quit again. But I still can't bc im only 17 & there's nothing my mom can do. Its pretty messed up that the person that raised me has no say in what is my future anymore. The state does! I guess I gotta wait till im 18 to take control of my own life. & thats not till November! Good luck to me, right? So just go to school & do what you gotta do bc they will lock you up, or have someone in court that will really stand up for you. Not just air there & let the court say what they want, & it be like that! Realtalk!
1 post removed
kitkat35

United States

#32 Dec 16, 2013
Wonder how many days the fat as teachers and boe people can miss
Sara Leigh

Chesapeake, VA

#33 Dec 16, 2013
need a better secretary wrote:
AMS needs a better secretary. I called to get days that my daughter missed and she she would take care of it I repeated. Her. Name 3 times and still have not received the dates of her absentees. They need someone that can get things done right
I think your daughter needs a better parent who could remember and keep acount of the days she has been absent from School! You are putting all the parential blame for your daughter up on your school secretary, shame on you!
help

Nicholasville, KY

#34 Feb 5, 2014
its my 2nd time going to court for truancy. the first time was two years ago would this be the 2nd offense?
1st time

United States

#35 Feb 11, 2014
This is my first time being charged with this! Will I just get a fine or will I go to jail! My daughter was either running a fever or something small and its 100.00,everytime we go to the doctor and I don't have that money! I am just a fried of going to jail
sil

United States

#36 Feb 21, 2014
It is stupid especial if your child makes up the work and is passing that grade. My child gets sick a lot with sinus and its pointless to take her to doctor until everything turns green or the send us home. Or how bout all the stomach viruses that went around and still going around this year pointless to go to doctor nothing they can do for you.
tam

Yuma, CO

#37 Feb 25, 2014
I hate the schools policy they get u follow the rules and still end up going thru this. Im a single mom with another child at home. Theres no way going to jail will solve anything. Who thought of this its so dumb.. give me a fine i will pay it. How do parents get these school rules changed. I remembermy parents just righting a note for us when i was toung, no going to drs everytime. Parents know there kids and ifvtheir sick keepem home if they r delibertly missing then thats a whole new level. My son is adhd and has problems in school and is getting good grades. This sydtem is so unfair
blah

Manhattan, KS

#38 Sep 24, 2014
EXACTLY
Kaytay454

Toledo, OH

#39 Jan 7, 2015
So I got in trouble for missing too much school back in 7th grade cause my parents were going through a divorce and it was just bad. Well now I'm in high school and I'm just having a rough year and we got another letter about it. I just wanna know if my mom will go to jail?? It's been worrying me a lot and I'm afraid of where I'd go... Anyone had first hand experience with this??? Please help me try to calm down
Tinybutreal

San Antonio, TX

#40 May 6, 2015
That is stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
that's stupid u don't go to school when ur sick that gets other people sick..they tell u not to go to school if ur sick but if u don't u get in trouble..everytime I go to school sick they just send me home.I just think the law and board are dumb as he**
OK So For Starters kids lie all the time even if they are telling the truth STILL SEND them to school this is why theres nurses at the school to determine how sick your kid is IF IN FACT IF They are Contagiously SICK the Nurse is JOB IS TO send them home IF YOU KNOW YOUR child iS indeed sick and you dont want them to go to school TAKE THEM TO the doctor EVEN If your child
has diarrea send them to school the nurse WILL GIVE them a 15 minute to class pass which even allows them to use the restroom when ever they please if itS A DEPRESSION RELATED ISSUE GO THE Counselor thats what there there for its THIER JOB !- sincerly TEA administration Child protective Service Manager
Role Model Mom

Warren, MI

#41 May 7, 2015
Some parents don’t even know their children are skipping class. They watch them go into the school, leave and their kid walks out after their parents are out of sight. How do parents cope with this? They should have cameras or proximity scanners to verify that the child has entered the building. Sometimes it’s not the parents fault.
Kidsoq18

Britton, SD

#42 Dec 26, 2015
Purple wrote:
You can get jail time but you can also get a fine i went through it a few years ago with my oldest son refusing to go to school and being sick we went through very rough time with him but when i went to court i explained to the judge that he was refusing to go to school and he was sick alot and i got a fine which was about 187.00 or so
Was that your first or second time and did you went to jail or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ansted Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A little something for you 23 min Dorks 11
Backpage WV 3 hr George longerdork 8
Who misses mikey elmore 3 hr Trollomania 7
Een Woodson 4 hr Unknown 31
David H 4 hr Cuff master 2
I Hate the DHHR (Sep '13) 6 hr Upoepleneedtogeta... 80
5 Thieves Off The Streets 6 hr little guy 20

Ansted Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance