Peachland New Year Celebration

Peachland New Year Celebration

Posted in the Ansonville Forum

Bruce Kennedy

Marshville, NC

#1 Jan 9, 2013
There were over 300 people at this year's 33rd annual Peach Drop on New Years. It is getting to be one of the biggest parties in Anson County. From 9 o'clock up until quarter to midnight there was some good down home country music, a little rock and roll and awesome bluegrass. The street dance was when the country bands played. The big band this year was Diane Sawyer and the Nashville Blues Band. They were AWESOME. Dillon Holmes who can imitate Garth Brooks sang several of his hits and got the crowd fired up singing along when he did "Friends in Low Places".

At a quarter of midnight all the music stopped and the announcer came on and talked about what all was good in 2012. then it got to be 5 minutes until the peach drop. All the lights were on and people were all looking up, 4 minutes, 3 minutes, 2 minutes and then ONE MINUTE! cars started blinking their lights and blowing their horns. Then 10-9-8-7-6 A big Diesel truck horn started tooting so we couldn't hear the last numbers. Then the Peach started down and it hit the ground and fireworks went off.

People were yelling HAPPY NEW YEAR and running around hugging each other. Some fat lady grabbed me and struck her tongue in my mouth, then jumped on the fellow beside me and done him the same way. I looked for my wife and she was kissing some old fellow so I figured it was alright. I grabbed a young good looking girl and swabbed her tonsils good and she slapped me hard. I grabbed my wife and got out of there but I'll be back next year for the 34th annual Peach Drop

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ansonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Food and Stuff 19 hr Indianaheart 3
Debate: Marijuana - Fayetteville, NC (Aug '10) Wed Ida 251
ABC Store Aug 26 Ex-citizen 3
How bad is your Windstream DSL? (Nov '11) Aug 26 Ex-citizen 23
Females in Motorcycle Clubs Aug 25 John 4
I am looking for the best divorce attorney I ca... (Aug '13) Aug 24 Regina Peterson 16
Outdoor Wedding Sites Aug 23 bdenning89 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ansonville Mortgages