Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81676 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#62922 Jul 16, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, so far I find you to be quite a nice person. I'm sorry that I'm not more familiar with many users on this forum as of yet, but maybe that will change.. As I said, it got too monotonous having to skim through truck loads of manure to finally find a "flower" worth reading. Hopefully that's changed.
Seems like a lot of feathers got ruffled in the last few days.. Again, I really don't feel like going back a thousand comments to read the details, hehe! But it's nice to find another refreshing user on here, "RoamingInsomniac". Maybe you'll find some of thoise "warm stabby" feelings for me!!! In the right way, of course. I'm not "on the market", as they say, LOL! I simply try to stay polite and direct. No more, no less.
:)
Haha!
I can be quite unpleasant. I ruffle feathers ALL the time. Just can't seem to help it. I say what I mean, and I mean what I say.
Continue watching the Scottsville board and you will see.
And, it's good to meet ya!
open

Richmond, KY

#62923 Jul 16, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sybil" may have used that infamous "reply" button that I previously spoke of... Probably replied to something else that came down from the threads. It's just a guess, mind you. Told you, I avoided this thread for a long time. I'm not familiar with many of you. Ohio Jeep Girl was here back then, so was Ancient Wolf.
(Forgive me if I forgot anyone else. It was a very long time ago)...
maybe you're right, I like to battle the trolls and in so doing my posts came down with them. Mind you my responses were never vulgar and usually polite which actually hit the trolls pretty hard with the truth about themselves and often left them speechless. I've found that the best way to deal with difficult personalities both in real life and on the internet is to be nice but truthful at the same time because when the truth hurts and you deliver it in a nice way, the other person knows it and will listen.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#62924 Jul 16, 2012
on the fringe wrote:
<quoted text>It irks me that most history books left out the roles of black solders on both sides of the conflict. I had never read about the Creole blacks being thought of as superior to other blacks before last year. I think many many other deeds of Afro-american solders were left out of the history books thus lost forever. I ran across the article about the Creole blacks in the archives of the New York Herald, dated July 11, 1863.
I tend to agree. It is my understanding that contrary to Hollywood, that a good percentage of the postwar cowboys and the Union's 7th Cavalry were former slaves. While many slaves stayed on the plantations because they did not know what else to do. Much like an institutionalized inmate.
on the fringe

Lexington, KY

#62925 Jul 16, 2012
on the finger wrote:
<quoted text>
no, actually it's all about you having the right to make a jackass out of yourself, and in my world you have every right to do that, so go ahead if you want to talk about your flatulence or colonic activity.
You don't hear me complaining all the time about your comments. Pisspoor or otherwise. I don't agree with a lot of things posted by a lot of people, but I will stand up for their right to post whatever they want to post nonetheless.
on the fringe

Lexington, KY

#62926 Jul 16, 2012
I am having a pretty good day and I want to keep it that way. Click.

I just clicked at you Sybil. Nothing personal though. You are now and always have been well within your rights as far as I am concerned.BTW You did burn me in some small way so, touche.
MooningAManicSir

Richmond, KY

#62927 Jul 16, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Haha!
I can be quite unpleasant. I ruffle feathers ALL the time. Just can't seem to help it. I say what I mean, and I mean what I say.
Continue watching the Scottsville board and you will see.
And, it's good to meet ya!
those who revel in ruffling feathers of others do so in order to detract attention away from their own shortcomings, it is a psychological defense mechanism actually. It's either that or you just enjoy being an ass, which is it for you?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#62928 Jul 16, 2012
The only comments that I really dislike are from those that attempt to elevate themselves by putting others down, and I especially do not like it when the slams are against what I perceive to be the "underdogs". Slams against me are meaningless.

I always thought that you did not have to be very "high' to put down others, but if you draw others up with politeness, then they will carry you around on their shoulders and you will be higher than you could ever obtain otherwise.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#62929 Jul 16, 2012
MooningAManicSir wrote:
<quoted text>
those who revel in ruffling feathers of others do so in order to detract attention away from their own shortcomings, it is a psychological defense mechanism actually. It's either that or you just enjoy being an ass, which is it for you?
Gentle poster.

Are you being an ass?
on the finger

Richmond, KY

#62930 Jul 16, 2012
on the fringe wrote:
I am having a pretty good day and I want to keep it that way. Click.
I just clicked at you Sybil. Nothing personal though. You are now and always have been well within your rights as far as I am concerned.BTW You did burn me in some small way so, touche.
hope you continue to have a good day, nothing personal from me either, just calling it like I see it so I hope it was not offensive. Time for me to click too.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#62931 Jul 16, 2012
Well since I banged my noggin on my book and I am now about to bang it a 2nd time on my keyboard, this old duffer needs to go sleep through some boring television. May everyone have an enjoyable day..... CLICK

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#62932 Jul 16, 2012
on the fringe wrote:
<quoted text>You don't hear me complaining all the time about your comments. Pisspoor or otherwise. I don't agree with a lot of things posted by a lot of people, but I will stand up for their right to post whatever they want to post nonetheless.
While it's admirable for you to stand up for people's right to post "whatever they want to post nonetheless", it's also prudent to again realize that this is a PRIVATELY owned and operated web forum.

Notice below the comment box, the very place where you have to key in those four numerical digits to place your comment EVERY time you place one. The fine print underneath states, and I quote:

~~"Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator".~~

Therefore, in reality you've already agreed to post under THEIR rules and THEIR Terms of Service when you click "Post Comment".

As a registered user, I've agreed to these very terms somewhere around 7,850 times now by merely posting, lol. I'm not saying that some of my own comments haven't come down, that would be a blatant lie. I have however figured out how to make a point without offending anyone or abusing the TOS in the meantime. I've also figured out how to make a point to another user without having to hit "Reply", thus jeopardizing my own comments lifespan....

It's not difficult to be polite while also being perfectly adept at making your point(s) of view well known... You can also do this without offending ANYONE in the process...
Abeliever

Antioch, TN

#62933 Jul 16, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That is wonderful since I would not want anyone to be mistaken LOL but I prefer to call it "unique" or just different from the masses.
I popped back in to say I do not agree that I can't see posts that I had reported, because there are several posts that I can't see and I have only reported twice in 1 1/2 years and those posts still did not go away.
As a general rule, I do not think that it is my job to police the thread since I don't earn any money by being on Topix.
Hi Ancient Wolf, I love all your history posts. I have seen that cannon ball in the building on the square in Elizabethtown. It use to have an arrow when you were coming around the circle heading 31W North. There is a lot of history in the area between there and Louisville. Lots of state markers along that route full of it's history. I agree with your statement on topix. I know those removed posts on my pc were all while I was offline. Seem to be around the time the unabomber and his crew are on. I copied some of the posts him and the birdkiller posted ranting about me one night when I was posting. When I logged in they were gone. Why they aren't gone on all poster's computer is a mystery to me. I really don't care, since I ignore most. I don't report unless they are so vulgar or threatening, such as the lickin and ratsass troll posted. They are gone and birdkiller must be in lockup or solitary confinement...hahaha. I know that early on in the thread we were able to have conversations and the only posts removed were minimal. Don't care/ratsass started early on with an occasional posts until he started trying to impress the unabomber. Hope you are having a great day. Just had a small shower, but back to humid, hot sun. Might have to take a swim to cool off and relax.

Hello Hemburn, Sybil, all the regulars and decent posters, sorry I missed you LSD923. Trolls, have at it. Continue to show your ignorance to the whole state with your disgusting comments, I don't care.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#62934 Jul 16, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
The only comments that I really dislike are from those that attempt to elevate themselves by putting others down, and I especially do not like it when the slams are against what I perceive to be the "underdogs". Slams against me are meaningless.
I always thought that you did not have to be very "high' to put down others, but if you draw others up with politeness, then they will carry you around on their shoulders and you will be higher than you could ever obtain otherwise.
10-4 on the "underdog" statement. I detest seeing someone chastised and ridiculed simply because their verbiage might be a bit off, etc. We've all seen it. A newbie comes along and they get hammered into leaving the threads.... I don't like seeing anyone bullied off of the threads and I'll usually stick up for them if they seem new. I've always been that way in real life situations though too.
Always took the underdogs under my wing when I could..
(Two from my childhood are, and have remained, life long friends. Oh, did I forget to mention that I'm pretty darned old now)????
Bens Tree

Richmond, KY

#62935 Jul 16, 2012
Ten Beers wrote:
<quoted text>Gentle poster.
Are you being an ass?
I suppose honesty can often be misconstrued as being an ass so I can see why you think I am an ass. Perhaps I really am so you may be right but at least I can be honest about myself.

Location hidden

#62937 Jul 16, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
10-4 on the "underdog" statement. I detest seeing someone chastised and ridiculed simply because their verbiage might be a bit off, etc. We've all seen it. A newbie comes along and they get hammered into leaving the threads.... I don't like seeing anyone bullied off of the threads and I'll usually stick up for them if they seem new. I've always been that way in real life situations though too.
Always took the underdogs under my wing when I could..
(Two from my childhood are, and have remained, life long friends. Oh, did I forget to mention that I'm pretty darned old now)????
I come across as a wise guy on this thread. In real life, I'm a very nice fella. Just use topix to get vent off some steam. BTW. I'm pretty darned old too.(Ms. Font has a good idea how old).

Location hidden

#62938 Jul 16, 2012
Bens Tree wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose honesty can often be misconstrued as being an ass so I can see why you think I am an ass. Perhaps I really am so you may be right but at least I can be honest about myself.
Honestly, I don't think you're an ass. It's hard to get the message when ya can't see or hear the person deliverin' it.
Abeliever

Antioch, TN

#62940 Jul 16, 2012
real reel wrote:
<quoted text>They are still on my computer, and wireless laptop so I guess that was for your eyes only. Sleep well little sheep. Sleep well.
Remember, I love you dont go outside in the dark without an umbrella. Always cook your meat well beware of whitey If you try and don’t succeed, cheat. Repeat until caught.
Save water – take a bath with your neighbor. If you treat every situation like a life or death matter, be prepared to die a number of times. If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
Take the road not taken. The leaves crunch much louder.
A picture is worth 500 to 1500 words, depending on how good looking you are. I love you.
I wrote after posting all the #posts removed:
If they aren't the same as your computer, who cares, I don't have to look at them. lol
Regulars and decent posters have a wonderful week.
Trolls...hahahaha keep getting removed and maybe find another thread to infect.
MODS....THANK YOU!!!
"CLICK"

Good, reply to one of them. I would like to see it. I wasn't on topix/or the computer during that time and all my posts are still there so I can only imagine what trash the Mods removed. If they are still on your's and other's computers, then please post some. Like I said, if they aren't the same as your computer...GOOD, I don't have to see them. There is enough trash on here they leave I scroll through. Are you a racist black? What's with all the whitey comments. Seems you are one of the sheep among the posters. The regular posters and decent ones just reading know better about me and I could careless what you or any of unabomber/sewer crew thinks. They mean nothing to me. You should write greeting cards or horoscopes. hahaha Glad you love me. You can't have enough people to love you in this lifetime. Have a great day!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#62944 Jul 16, 2012
MooningAManicSir wrote:
<quoted text>
I tell it like it is. If people don't like it, they can either suck it up and get over it- or not. That's life. I really don't care what other people think.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#62946 Jul 16, 2012
Ten Beers wrote:
<quoted text>I come across as a wise guy on this thread. In real life, I'm a very nice fella. Just use topix to get vent off some steam. BTW. I'm pretty darned old too.(Ms. Font has a good idea how old).
Let me take a guess between 45-48.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#62947 Jul 16, 2012
A.W. you still lurking around out there in cyberspace. How's it been going? Get all the home projects finished?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Annville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min another viewer 148,897
does anyone know a justin venable (Jan '09) 4 min very concerned 80
Stomach Gas 5 min Billhilly 2
Jail Tracker 6 min Billhilly 2
Another Slant 12 min A Random Poster 19
Female fwb 22 min Another girl 126
Laurel River Road 32 min Frienz 36
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Annville Mortgages