The Offensiveness of Racial Double St...

The Offensiveness of Racial Double Standards

Posted in the Annville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Christmas N July

Secaucus, NJ

#1 Jul 4, 2012
Posted by Walter Williams Bio ↓ on Jun 19th, 2012 Back in 2009, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said we were “a nation of cowards” on matters of race. Permit me to be brave and run a few assertions by you just to see whether we’re on the same page. There should be two standards for civilized conduct: one for whites, which is higher, and another for blacks, which is lower. In other words, in the name of justice and fair play, blacks should not be held accountable to the same standards that whites are and should not be criticized for conduct that we’d deem disgusting and racist if said or done by whites.
You say,“Williams, what in the world are you talking about?” Mitt Romney hasn’t revealed all of his fall campaign strategy yet, but what if he launched a “White Americans for Romney” movement in an effort to get out the white vote? If the Romney campaign did that, there’d be a media-led outcry across the land, with charges ranging from racial insensitivity to outright racism. When President Barack Obama announced his 2012 launch of “African Americans for Obama”(
), the silence was deafening. Should the same standards be applied to Obama as would be applied to Romney? The answer turns out to be no, because Obama is not held to the same standards as Romney.
Liberals won’t actually come out and say that criticism of Obama is in and of itself racist, but they come pretty close. Former President Jimmy Carter said that criticism of Obama shows that there is an “inherent feeling” in America that a black man should not be president. Chris Matthews, host of MSNBC’s “Hardball,” said that critics of Obama are crackers. Morgan Freeman said that the campaign to see that Obama serves one term is a “racist thing.” Former Obama czar Van Jones said that Romney’s campaign sign “Obama Isn’t Working” implies Obama is a “lazy, incompetent affirmative action baby.” Will this video cost Obama the election? Watch now: http://w3.newsmax.com/a/aftershockb/video47g....
Racial double standards also apply to how crime is reported.
I’m betting that if mobs of white youths were going about severely beating and robbing blacks at random and preying on black businesses, it would be major news. News anchors might open,“Tonight we report on the most recent wave of racist whites organizing unprovoked attacks on innocent black people and their businesses.” If white thugs were actually doing that, politicians would be demanding answers. Such random attacks do happen, but it’s blacks preying on whites.
Page: 1 of 2» http://frontpagemag.com/2012/walter-williams/...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#2 Jul 4, 2012
Christmas N July wrote:
Posted by Walter Williams Bio ↓ on Jun 19th, 2012 Back in 2009, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said we were “a nation of cowards” on matters of race. Permit me to be brave and run a few assertions by you just to see whether we’re on the same page. There should be two standards for civilized conduct: one for whites, which is higher, and another for blacks, which is lower. In other words, in the name of justice and fair play, blacks should not be held accountable to the same standards that whites are and should not be criticized for conduct that we’d deem disgusting and racist if said or done by whites.
You say,“Williams, what in the world are you talking about?” Mitt Romney hasn’t revealed all of his fall campaign strategy yet, but what if he launched a “White Americans for Romney” movement in an effort to get out the white vote? If the Romney campaign did that, there’d be a media-led outcry across the land, with charges ranging from racial insensitivity to outright racism. When President Barack Obama announced his 2012 launch of “African Americans for Obama”(http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=BdjoHA5ocwUXX), the silence was deafening. Should the same standards be applied to Obama as would be applied to Romney? The answer turns out to be no, because Obama is not held to the same standards as Romney.
Liberals won’t actually come out and say that criticism of Obama is in and of itself racist, but they come pretty close. Former President Jimmy Carter said that criticism of Obama shows that there is an “inherent feeling” in America that a black man should not be president. Chris Matthews, host of MSNBC’s “Hardball,” said that critics of Obama are crackers. Morgan Freeman said that the campaign to see that Obama serves one term is a “racist thing.” Former Obama czar Van Jones said that Romney’s campaign sign “Obama Isn’t Working” implies Obama is a “lazy, incompetent affirmative action baby.” Will this video cost Obama the election? Watch now: http://w3.newsmax.com/a/aftershockb/video47g....
Racial double standards also apply to how crime is reported.
I’m betting that if mobs of white youths were going about severely beating and robbing blacks at random and preying on black businesses, it would be major news. News anchors might open,“Tonight we report on the most recent wave of racist whites organizing unprovoked attacks on innocent black people and their businesses.” If white thugs were actually doing that, politicians would be demanding answers. Such random attacks do happen, but it’s blacks preying on whites.
Page: 1 of 2» http://frontpagemag.com/2012/walter-williams/...
Racial double standards became even more prevalent when Obama first started his campaign in 2008. Even though he is half white, he didn't run as an American--he ran as an African American and sought advantage because he was black. Shame on him and all the others that use their skin color for advantage--they are an embarrassment, among other things, to this country.
yes you do

Mount Vernon, KY

#3 Jul 4, 2012
reality_review wrote:
<quoted text>
Racial double standards became even more prevalent when Obama first started his campaign in 2008. Even though he is half white, he didn't run as an American--he ran as an African American and sought advantage because he was black. Shame on him and all the others that use their skin color for advantage--they are an embarrassment, among other things, to this country.
go shave your legs and arm pits.......NASTY

Location hidden

#4 Jul 4, 2012
Obama doesn't want equality for blacks--he wants "equality plus".
Mitt Romney 2012
conservative coup

Orange, VA

#5 Jul 4, 2012
You didn't complain about the Minute Men intimidating voters in Arizona when Bush was in office. It was ok then by you. But now that you feel the advantage is on the "darker" foot you complain! Ha, what a hypocrite!
SpeakUp

Eustis, FL

#6 Jul 4, 2012
conservative coup wrote:
You didn't complain about the Minute Men intimidating voters in Arizona when Bush was in office. It was ok then by you. But now that you feel the advantage is on the "darker" foot you complain! Ha, what a hypocrite!
They choose to ignore the fact that Obama is a Leader of many ethnic groups....he's been a Leader to all, not just black as they are trying to portray it for political agenda purposes. I guess he only had blacks in mind when he signed the Lily Ledbetter Act guaranteeing women equal pay. I reckon all women are black. When he's been more than clear about religious freedom, pursuant to the Constitution (which he can read), he didn't pick any ethnic group to favor. His healthcare law is to benefit every American regardless of skin color.

The most important thing is, the blacks weren't the ones that put him in office. It was the white.

reality_review takes lessons from Fox News and would misconstrue what color Obama's urine is.
weezy

Clarkson, KY

#7 Jul 4, 2012
There definetly is racial double standards in America.
Im sure somebody will put a list on here long enough it will probably qualify as a book about what blacks get or have available to them that white people cant get thanks to our elected officials.
SpeakUp

Eustis, FL

#8 Jul 4, 2012
weezy wrote:
There definetly is racial double standards in America.
Im sure somebody will put a list on here long enough it will probably qualify as a book about what blacks get or have available to them that white people cant get thanks to our elected officials.
Wasn't that going on prior to Obama every dreaming about the Presidency? Yes, they do seem to band together to get rights....more particularly since we used them as slaves, sold their children and prostituted to the big house.
weezy

Clarkson, KY

#9 Jul 4, 2012
speakup why do you say we? We didnt do anything. We werent around when those atrocities were going on. Why should we be held accountable?
You are right about one thing tho. Obama is not the reason for it. This has been a hard fought battle by blacks since the late 60s but they did persevere and they have won not only a lot of the battles they have won the war.
Our elected officials are doing nothing to bring equality to the table. NADA Its long overdue

Location hidden

#10 Jul 4, 2012
Affirmative action should have ended years ago!
How long are whites supposed to be punished for something they didn't do?
wow

Chicago, IL

#11 Jul 4, 2012
reality_review wrote:
what about what they did to native americans, if you can find one.

SATAN_64

“Walk With Me In Hell”

Since: Nov 11

Hell, Norway

#12 Jul 4, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>what about what they did to native americans, if you can find one.
Blacks were as guilty as White on that subject.

Study the story behind the Massacre of Wounded Knee.
Africa

Murray, KY

#15 Jul 4, 2012
SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't that going on prior to Obama every dreaming about the Presidency? Yes, they do seem to band together to get rights....more particularly since we used them as slaves, sold their children and prostituted to the big house.
Their mommas teach them how to bounce that booty and be prostitutes for Gucci and Prada. Work that stripper pole and drive a BMW! Park it out front of your Section 8 paid for apartment...
They have no morals! The men don't take care of their children because the women don't know which one's daddy is which man. They are spreading disease and killing each other at an epidemic rate!
How can you defend them? Don't you live in Chicago? I'd die if I lived around that many smelly blacks, smoking crack and selling their stinky asses!
search n

Chicago, IL

#16 Jul 4, 2012
get on youtube and find george carlans video about native americans. its funny, but its the truth the way the fed gov lied to them, got them to sign treaties, then lowered the boom on them. these red people were just as human as the whites, who sought to change their ways and make them just like them. even then the gov were greedy sum bitches.
and the gov has grown even more greedier. thats why they sold us down the drain for one world government. more trade of millions of dollars for them.
and we pay taxes on our land but we do not own it. the gov is fixin to take our mineral rights away from us and we cannot drill without permission, and they wont grant it.
SpeakUp

Eustis, FL

#17 Jul 4, 2012
Africa wrote:
<quoted text>
Their mommas teach them how to bounce that booty and be prostitutes for Gucci and Prada. Work that stripper pole and drive a BMW! Park it out front of your Section 8 paid for apartment...
They have no morals! The men don't take care of their children because the women don't know which one's daddy is which man. They are spreading disease and killing each other at an epidemic rate!
How can you defend them? Don't you live in Chicago? I'd die if I lived around that many smelly blacks, smoking crack and selling their stinky asses!
I believe Nightline showed up in your area, not mine. Further, I don't live in Chicago. I live in a suburb of Chicago where we also intertwine with various ethnic groups of people and everyone gets along just fine, unlike a small racist biased town of how many?

You might want to check your child support rolls and see how many deadbeat white Dads you can come up with and I'll suggest the majority are white because your town disrespects anyone of a different color skin or origin as if they were from Gingrich's Moon Colony.

I also know loads of white women who have Prada purses. In fact, I have one myself. Alot of people drive BMW's and fact is, the banks own most of them regardless. One thing about the blacks and hispanics. They band together to help each other and why the hispanics are eventually going to crowd your greedy, selfish "me me me" asses out.

Over 2,000 verses in the Bible that fit the Democratic views.

Anything else?
SpeakUp

Eustis, FL

#18 Jul 4, 2012
SATAN_64 wrote:
<quoted text>Blacks were as guilty as White on that subject.
Study the story behind the Massacre of Wounded Knee.
Did they actually have any choice? Maybe you read that too?
SpeakUp

Eustis, FL

#19 Jul 4, 2012
reality_review wrote:
Realistically since you Conservatives still have the same views you had back then, you should suffer for eternity the way I see it. And I bet you'd never guess there are some blacks much smarter than you. Obama being first to come to mind!

As long as racism stands, which it does loud and clear in the South, Affirmative Action is unfortunately necessary. Clean your act up....they'll do the same thereafter.
conservative coup

Orange, VA

#20 Jul 4, 2012
SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>
Realistically since you Conservatives still have the same views you had back then, you should suffer for eternity the way I see it. And I bet you'd never guess there are some blacks much smarter than you. Obama being first to come to mind!
As long as racism stands, which it does loud and clear in the South, Affirmative Action is unfortunately necessary. Clean your act up....they'll do the same thereafter.
Lol, you said it perfectly. And here is a prime example of the conservative double standard.
http://narcosphere.narconews.com/notebook/bre...

Arizona book ban leads to new edition of Mohawk poetry book
Posted by Brenda Norrell - May 11, 2012 at 10:01 am

By Brenda Norrell

TUCSON -- The banning of award-winning Native American authors by Tucson public schools and the State of Arizona, and the forbidding of Mexican American Studies, has led a publisher to release a new edition of a Mohawk's book of poetry.

"I am very stunned and very shocked and very pissed off the Tucson Unified School District would ban Mexican American Studies and books like Rethinking Columbus," Ortiz said in the article. Ortiz named the names of Indigenous authors, including Peter Blue Cloud, in the book Rethinking Columbus, now banned by Tucson public schools, following Arizona's demand to forbid Mexican American Studies.
----------
What happened to that "Freedom of Speech" the conservatives claim they love?

Location hidden

#22 Jul 4, 2012
SpeakUp wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has worked consistently to revive racism and you will really see his efforts later on if Romney gets a lead in the polls.
conservative coup

Orange, VA

#23 Jul 5, 2012
reality_review wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has worked consistently to revive racism and you will really see his efforts later on if Romney gets a lead in the polls.
To revive racism? You are insane! Racism has never left!!! Studies on the cause of racism has been found to be caused by low IQ at a specific time of development in childhood. Conservatives have a great deal of difficulty with IQ due to brain structure and the fact their brain doesn't fire enough in the area that helps to figure out complex issues. You also have problems with personality disorders. You are a sick bunch. Obama is only treating nonwhites as equals and you can't stand it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Annville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Single woman over 40 (Aug '15) 51 min LonelyLady 183
CNN staff reportedly on suicide watch 56 min ha ha ha ha 1
Insest Aug 22 Concerned Citizen 1
Annville Town and Country Gas Station and Market (Jul '08) Aug 20 Just a shopper 152
valerie Aug 18 CROW 1
Is Emmaus a cult ? (Jun '13) Jul 31 Phil GG 61
Tiffany Wilson hubbard Jul '16 Bobo 1

Annville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Annville Mortgages