'Day of Rage' targets capitalism, dem...

'Day of Rage' targets capitalism, demands new U.S. Constitution

Posted in the Anniston Forum

Burn Baby Burn

Anniston, AL

#1 Sep 13, 2011
Rewriting the U.S. Constitution.

Imposing a "Robin Hood tax" on most financial transactions worldwide with the goal of taking from the "rich" to give to the "poor."

Giving the Federal Reserve permission to regulate interest rates on savings accounts.

These are just some of the policies endorsed by a group backing a "Day of Rage" targeting Wall Street and U.S. capitalism this Saturday.

The scheme seeks to bring to American streets the "same indignation that has prompted the people of Greece and Spain to occupy streets and squares on a permanent basis, the people of Egypt and Tunisia to overthrow their governments, the people of Iceland to nationalize their bank system and rewrite the constitution."

So reads a call to arms by a group calling itself the General Assembly of New York City.

The group is asking supporters to participate in a "Day of Rage" on Sept. 17 to begin with the "occupation" of Wall Street and continue with protests across the nation.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anniston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should bingo parlor allow smoking? Council cons... 1 hr My Solution 1
Tri-County Outreach Jun 18 Big beefy 4
Martin or Lisa Dindlebeck.... (Mar '09) Jun 12 Marrs___ 7
Are you a female who has been screwed in Calhou... (May '08) May '16 Tiffany m Bowman 94
everyone spam this pervert May '16 Tiffany Stamper 2
News Group blasts Oxford ordinance aimed at Target's... May '16 Jacob 2
News Alabama city passes transgender bathroom ordinance Apr '16 TerriB1 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Anniston Mortgages