Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2011

It's curtains for U.S. military industrial base

Posted: November 24, 2011 1:00 am Eastern

© 2011 WND

I'm going to turn most of my column today over to a friend of mine, Richard McCormack of "Manufacturing & Technology News," who has written an exceptionally important article.

Basically, after years of making economic decisions that we were warned were short-termist, the long term finally has arrived. The failure of the so-called supercommittee to agree on other spending cuts finally has brought the axe down on U.S. defense spending, and it's really going to hurt this time.

Oddly enough, I'm not talking about national security disasters in the immediate term. I'm talking about the fact that we are going to cut our defense spending to the point that our defense industrial base will start to lose capability. This, in the long run, is more important than how many tanks or planes the U.S. fields on a given day.

Every war the U.S. has won since the North defeated the South in 1865 has turned on industrial capacity. Even before then, the U.S. arguably only survived because Congress in 1801 had the foresight to finance an American copper industry in the form of a company, Revere Copper and Brass, that still exists – and is run by Brian O'Shaughnessy, another friend of mine.(Thanks to Revere Copper, we were able to make the copper sheathing for the bottoms of our naval vessels that protected their wooden hulls from being devoured by shipworm.)

This is all no accident.

China, of course, knows exactly what it's doing. Running down U.S. industrial capacity by means of predatory trade surpluses is a quintuple play for Beijing: it makes an immediate cash profit, builds up China's productive abilities for the future, reduces a competitor's abilities, chokes off our tax revenues, and undermines our military power.

One almost has to admire the sheer elegance of their strategy. Didn't Sun Tzu say that to subdue an enemy without fighting him was the acme of skill?

Anyway, here's the excerpt:

Read more. If you have the brain power. LOL

http://www.wnd.com/index.php...
Jed

Anniston, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2011

You are right. I work at BAE systems. Will be gone between JAN. and JUNE 2012. Our militaty defence is going down while our enemy's keep going strong. Other countries is comeing over here and takeing over getting everything free while we have to work or get nothing unless you draw disibility. It will be bad for the good working men soon. Will end up on the streets cause there is nothing wrong with them to draw some kind of check but the foreign people will have it made.
ANOTHER FACT- America has no space program. They only go up with the Russians. Our missile parts we make comes with a computer chips that say MADE IN CHINA. Looks like to me that the Russians will go up and blow up our space satellite's and when we fire our missile's China can over ride the program in our chips and send them back to us. I do pray that the Rapture will come soon. Welcome to The United States of foreign countries. God bless America

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Anniston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Anniston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••