China-mart ; We buy communist so you can too!!

Posted in the Anna Forum

Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Feb 15, 2013
Save the Republic

Lenexa, KS

#1 Feb 12, 2013
Come see where all the "good" American brand names are made now!China isnt laughing with us,their laughing at us.Makes ya wanna puke.Thank you Bill Clinton,have a cigar.
dan

Herrin, IL

#2 Feb 14, 2013
Bill Clinton?
Bill Clinton was involved in passing NAFTA, which removed tarriffs for trade between the US, Mexico, and Canada. He isn't responsible at all for China taking American jobs.
American excess is responsible. We demand too much pay for the uneducated people who work in the factories.
We are arguing right now in Illinois over the minimum wage. Illinois is trying to pass a bill that raises the minimum wage to 10 dollars an hour. That's over 20,000 a year.
In Beijing, the Minimum wage is 2400 dollars a year. No manufacturer can compete with that.
Tarriffs help.
A tarriff is a fee that is payed when importing an item made in a foreign country. Years ago, the tarriff on imports was high enough that it didn't pay to move the factory overseas. Now, with minimum wage as high as it is, it's far more profitable to manufacture in China. We've done this to ourselves. Move the minimum wage back down to 4 dollar an hours, and the jobs come back.
bolona

Garden City, MO

#3 Feb 14, 2013
Uneducated people in the factories????If it wasnt for those loyal and patriotic folks in the 1940s we'd all be speaking Japanese or saluting Hitler now.I guess we can depend on China to supply us with new weaponry to defend our sorry,pathetic azzes.Best thing could happen to us is the dock workers on the coast to go on strike permanantly.
repairman long ago

Garden City, MO

#4 Feb 14, 2013
Bill Clinton gave us NAFTA,true.Then Maytag in Herrin went to Mexico along with 1500 USA jobs,all of which paid less than what public employees earn.Where was afsme and Forby at then?
Dan

Carterville, IL

#5 Feb 15, 2013
bolona wrote:
Uneducated people in the factories????If it wasnt for those loyal and patriotic folks in the 1940s we'd all be speaking Japanese or saluting Hitler now.I guess we can depend on China to supply us with new weaponry to defend our sorry,pathetic azzes.Best thing could happen to us is the dock workers on the coast to go on strike permanantly.
I'm not insulting factory workers. My point is that factory workers are laborers, and are usually not college graduates. Yet, the unions in America have driven the price of labor to as much or more than what other countries pay their surgeons. And even non-unionized workers are paid more than in other countries. The government pushes for higher and higher minimum wage so that they can get more tax revenue from employers. In the process, they have pushed companies out of the country and completely eliminated any chance of America being manufacturing powerhouse again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 min lides 49,494
Whos Financing Scott Harvel's Campaign 9 hr NO Rocket Scientist 5
AR Lawncare 9 hr Eye in the sky 1
What happened to Drew at ZX? 13 hr yep 2
Horse with no name 14 hr America 1
wut ever happened 2? 15 hr realv 1
ON STRIKE Democrat not Voting 15 hr what for 16
•••
•••
•••

Anna Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000