Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52074 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#32950 May 16, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
that should say 'messaging' system... not messing. my fingers are cold today so it's hard to type. i'm afraid that winter is fast arriving.*sigh*
You're getting winter. We're getting summer.
Knowledge

United States

#32951 May 16, 2012
<quoted text>
um... then what you have studied of saul of tarsus was amiss. history tells us that he really was as queer as a three legged duck. not only that, but if you read 'luke's' acounts of saul you'll find that he was not only gay, but a fraud, a murderer, and a heretic. his visions on the road to damascus were attributed by history and the writings of 'luke' to an epileptic seizure, and not to any divine vision. don't let yourself be deceived by church doctrinal teachings. churches lie to their own profit.
it also sounds to me as though you have been taught by your religious sect that you can judge who god has blessed, and who the holy spirit has taught. that sounds awfully arrogant and egotistical to me... it also sounds as though you are putting yourself forth as god's equal... are you?
i, too, enjoy listening to the beliefs of others, but once i've heard them for about the 10,000th time and each sect always says the same thing, please forgive me for asking you to stop it. if you wish to discuss theology, or christianity and the life of jesus the nazorean with me i'll be more than happy. please, however, refrain from going all southern baptist/bible baptist on me. not only that, but please allow me to ask you the favor of actually studying the teachings of jesus, rather than saul... and searching out other sources of your information on the life and teachings of jesus other than using only one copy of the bible. also, please share your own thoughts with me, rather than what you have been taught by others, if you would.
jesus taught us that to enter into communion with god we must become as children. by this he didn't mean that we should be childish, but childlike. we must completely unlearn everything that we have been taught by the church and by our parents or what we think that we understand from the bible. we must also forget everything which we ever thought that we know and learn anew through the teachings of the spirit of god... not of the church.
Fair enough, I don't push anything on anyone. Everyone has the right to believe the way they choose. I choose the Bible only and experience. I do read other materials but I stick with the Bible for reference. We all have different belief systems. Above all people you would pick Saul!LOL Believe me, my church is not at all about money, they ask nothing from no one it has been that way as long as I can remember. It has been in our family for almost seven generations. The members all take care of expenses for upkeep,electric and water, and the pastor takes nothing except expenses to visit the sick. I will put it this way so many things have happened to me personally I should not be here. LOL If I may leave with you one thing that I go by: Don't put all your trust in man because they will always fail you...That is the code I live by.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#32952 May 16, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah... it sort of sucks. i hate it when the temps drop below about 70ºF

Location hidden

#32953 May 16, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
btw... you never responded to my question about where you live in roch. i think that i sent you a private message about it the other day
Knowledge

United States

#32954 May 16, 2012
Leader of the Pack wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why I said I understand some Threads cross over to other forums in other places, it comes up in my local topix forum...but there is no reason for the haters to purposely go into the Gay Forum and trash them there with new threads (started in the gay forum). They are actually trashing a thread that was posted in tribute to a long time poster there that passed away - it is sick and disgusting. It is much like some one who hates dogs purposely going onto a dog forum to troll and cause trouble. These people have no right to call themselves or even consider themselves Christians!
Take a breath....LOL You have to remember that just because someone says they are Christians that they are. The meanest person in town could go sit on the front pew for 50 years. Does that give them a right to be called a Christian. No. You watch the life someone lives and how they treat others.:)

Location hidden

#32955 May 16, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough, I don't push anything on anyone. Everyone has the right to believe the way they choose. I choose the Bible only and experience. I do read other materials but I stick with the Bible for reference. We all have different belief systems. Above all people you would pick Saul!LOL Believe me, my church is not at all about money, they ask nothing from no one it has been that way as long as I can remember. It has been in our family for almost seven generations. The members all take care of expenses for upkeep,electric and water, and the pastor takes nothing except expenses to visit the sick. I will put it this way so many things have happened to me personally I should not be here. LOL If I may leave with you one thing that I go by: Don't put all your trust in man because they will always fail you...That is the code I live by.
it sounds as though your code and mine are similar... the problem is that the bible was written by men

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#32956 May 16, 2012
noname wrote:
<quoted text>
You all are so sick but let the muslims in and you'll have bibber worries I have said to much I really don't care keep pushing your gay crap you'll find your place in hell bye bye
Bibber. That's cute.

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#32957 May 16, 2012
<quoted text>
btw... you never responded to my question about where you live in roch. i think that i sent you a private message about it the other day
I think I mistakenly told you W. Iron. It's E. Iron.
CDC

Saint Louis, MO

#32958 May 16, 2012
Yes, the Bible was physically written by mortals.
Just being agreeable.
<quoted text>
it sounds as though your code and mine are similar... the problem is that the bible was written by men

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#32959 May 16, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a breath....LOL You have to remember that just because someone says they are Christians that they are. The meanest person in town could go sit on the front pew for 50 years. Does that give them a right to be called a Christian. No. You watch the life someone lives and how they treat others.:)
What about those who think they can go through life being total creeps, and expect to be forgiven on their death beds? That seems to be the game-plan for many xtians.
Knowledge

United States

#32960 May 16, 2012
noname wrote:
<quoted text>
You all are so sick but let the muslims in and you'll have bibber worries I have said to much I really don't care keep pushing your gay crap you'll find your place in hell bye bye
Forgive me, but what is your purpose and what are you representing?

Location hidden

#32961 May 16, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I mistakenly told you W. Iron. It's E. Iron.
oh... i didn't see your response. i lived in west irondequoit for about 10 years or maybe 12

then we moved to canandaigua.

Location hidden

#32962 May 16, 2012
CDC wrote:
Yes, the Bible was physically written by mortals.
Just being agreeable.
<quoted text>
yes it was... and mostly with their own thoughts
Knowledge

United States

#32963 May 16, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
What about those who think they can go through life being total creeps, and expect to be forgiven on their death beds? That seems to be the game-plan for many xtians.
LOL Good question, now this is my opinion, LOL I believe God has a sense of humor and he knows our hearts and that is how we all will be judged. Don't you think if your trying to scam the Almighty LOL He is gonna know it? I think there is a special place for people who pretend to be something they are not. I have went through the stages of death, that is why I believe like I do. I know there is something out there. If a person is truly sorry for what they did and wanted to make it right and they were not doing it as a selfish act I think God would forgive them. Someone who just wants be evil
and says all their life they will ask for forgivness on their death bed, I don't think so. But as I said that is my opinion. Some people think they will get forgiven , I don't.
Knowledge

United States

#32964 May 16, 2012
unselfish act*

Religionthebigli e

“saved From jesus”

Location hidden

#32965 May 16, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Good question, now this is my opinion, LOL I believe God has a sense of humor and he knows our hearts and that is how we all will be judged. Don't you think if your trying to scam the Almighty LOL He is gonna know it? I think there is a special place for people who pretend to be something they are not. I have went through the stages of death, that is why I believe like I do. I know there is something out there. If a person is truly sorry for what they did and wanted to make it right and they were not doing it as a selfish act I think God would forgive them. Someone who just wants be evil
and says all their life they will ask for forgivness on their death bed, I don't think so. But as I said that is my opinion. Some people think they will get forgiven , I don't.
Another one I see regularly is that jesus died on the cross for our sins and all will be forgiven as long as I call myself xtian. What do you say about that rationale?
ABC

Edwardsville, IL

#32966 May 16, 2012
All you people that want same sex marriage shouldn't raise kids. You can't concieve a child when your married to the same sex. The world would end in the next 100 years if this is all we had.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#32967 May 16, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
My beliefs are my beliefs, I have not belittled you because you don't believe. I have not insulted you because you don't believe.Are you so insecure that you have to belittle me?
No. I'm saying you prattle on as if everything you say is true, yet you offer no proof. Saying something is true because it's in the Buybull is not proof. The buybull says the sun stopped in the sky for about a day. Please explain to me how that could possibly be true.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#32968 May 16, 2012
ABC wrote:
All you people that want same sex marriage shouldn't raise kids. You can't concieve a child when your married to the same sex. The world would end in the next 100 years if this is all we had.
Who is saying everyone should turn gay? That's just silly. Reproduction is not a requirement for marriage anyway.

Location hidden

#32969 May 16, 2012
ABC wrote:
let's think this through, okay?

if all the 10% of men who are gay, and the entire 8% of women who are lesbian were to all get married today it still wouldn't drive the human species into extinction... and even if that were possible, then the world wouldn't end, but would just keep right on turning around as it did for hundreds of millions of years before the first human appeared on its surface.

secondly, medical science, through stem cell research, has made it possible for women to fertilise their own ovum by using their very own bone marrow stem cells, or those of another woman. as proof of this, take a look at my grandson. it no longer takes a man and a woman... not only that, but soon it'll be possible for men to conceive and give birth. isn't it wonderful?

the truth is that nobody should be allowed to breed for the next 30 to 35 years to allow the planet's human infestation to die off naturally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do Democrats rig Elections? 1 hr Bern 2
fast food 1 hr NxT 4
Vote 4 Moochie Marsha State rep 10 hr Jim 13
AJ FOOTBALL n BEER 11 hr far away 5
Good places to eat 13 hr natureboy 7
Can Rural Health Get Any Worse? (Sep '10) 20 hr Under a rock 27
Bri Travis 20 hr Under a rock 34

Anna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance