kkk meeting?
godd

United States

#354 Jun 8, 2011
RG Simpson wrote:
<quoted text>
Anna was named after the wife of the towns founder, Winsted Davie. His wife was named Anna, this was in the 1850's when the I.C. railroad first came through. He donated the land in return for them naming the new town Anna, after his wife. Anna Davie was never raped or murdered by a black man. The incident most of you are talking about happened in Cairo in the early 1900's when a white woman form Anna was raped in Cairo. He was later lynched in cairo. The young woman is buried in the Anna cemetery.
go read the fu*n sign
bitsh

United States

#355 Jun 8, 2011
Their krinkle kiss my as* there is a sign I just cudnt remember where.
Facts

United States

#356 Jun 8, 2011
RG Simpson wrote:
<quoted text>
Anna was named after the wife of the towns founder, Winsted Davie. His wife was named Anna, this was in the 1850's when the I.C. railroad first came through. He donated the land in return for them naming the new town Anna, after his wife. Anna Davie was never raped or murdered by a black man. The incident most of you are talking about happened in Cairo in the early 1900's when a white woman form Anna was raped in Cairo. He was later lynched in cairo. The young woman is buried in the Anna cemetery.
The white woman was Anna Pelley,she lived with her brother John Pelley who was in charge of the railroad in Anna they had a sister Kate that married John C Coffman
RG Simpson

West Frankfort, IL

#357 Jun 8, 2011
godd wrote:
<quoted text> go read the fu*n sign
what sign are you talking about?
facts

United States

#358 Jun 8, 2011
In Jonesboro
seriously

United States

#359 Jun 9, 2011
papia wrote:
i like what krinkle says im tired off anna standing for whites only im tired of the uneducated and the hate its a new time cant people try to get rid of the name anna was given by hate
for all of u idiots that think Anna stands for a racist creed. Anna was the man that founded the towns wifes name
RG Simpson

Energy, IL

#360 Jun 9, 2011
facts wrote:
In Jonesboro
Ok, what sign, where is it in Jonesboro, and what does it say?
DOC

United States

#361 Jun 9, 2011
Anna is the name of a young woman raped by a colored when she went to Cairo. As far as a sign in jonesboro, I couldn't tell you. But Anna is also the name of the towns founder, Winston Davie, whome the town is named for. When the young Anna was raped the initials and the name stuck, with people still supporting it today. Just like Dongola, Damned Old N***er Gone On Long Ago.
Facts

United States

#362 Jun 9, 2011
DOC wrote:
Anna is the name of a young woman raped by a colored when she went to Cairo. As far as a sign in jonesboro, I couldn't tell you. But Anna is also the name of the towns founder, Winston Davie, whome the town is named for. When the young Anna was raped the initials and the name stuck, with people still supporting it today. Just like Dongola, Damned Old N***er Gone On Long Ago.
Dear God this is the most pathetic shit Ive ever heard, Winston Davie married a woman Anna Willard,the willards had originally came from Cape Co Mo,Anna Davie was not raped by a black man,Winstoed Davie gave the ground for the railroad in Anna,a man named John Pelley ran the railroad John Pelley had a sister named Anna Pelley that was killed by a black man in Cairo because she worked there the colored man was hanged in Cairo and Anna Pelley is buried in the Anna cemetary.Why would a sign be in Jonesboro telling about the city of Anna.Maybe if you all woulde read a little more instead of running your mouths things would probably be a lot better.
DOC

United States

#363 Jun 9, 2011
Apparently you can't get your "Facts" straight. I never stated Winston's wife was raped, nor did I say that J-boro had a sign for and about Anna. Go back and read the thread again so you can see my "Facts".
RG Simpson

Energy, IL

#364 Jun 9, 2011
I was told there was a sign many years ago warning blacks not to be in town after sundown, I'v never seen it. If this mystical sign is still in existence some where, then by all means tell us where it is. If such a sign were still displayed any where in Union County, then the press, and other's would be all over it.
Facts

United States

#365 Jun 9, 2011
DOC wrote:
Im very confussed,your words are when the young Anna was raped and killed the initials and the name stuck now these are your words right because Anna was named way before Anna Pelley was killed,please explain!!!
DOC

United States

#366 Jun 9, 2011
Yes you are right the town was named before the younger Anna was murdered. But both women's names where the same, so the name of the town took on a double meaning, the second being an acronym.
RG Simpson

Energy, IL

#367 Jun 9, 2011
you know it really does'nt matter.
Obama Sux

Phoenix, AZ

#368 Jun 9, 2011
STM wrote:
The only reason black move in here is because some fat white trash skank brought them in here!...They're not here for any other reason but to steal, and deal drugs!
Stanley, Obamas mama, opened her legs to let a half black and half white skunk escape. Obama is now stinking up and sinking down America by destroying millions of jobs, foreclosing millions of homes, guzzling beer, and playing ping pong.

If Obama had invested that $850 billion wasted in the fraudulent bailout of the richest corporations in providing jobs for the 13 million unemployed Americans, every unemployed person would receive $30,000 a year for more than two years to repair the nation's roads and bridges, recycle trash, repaint and fix up the homes of the elderly, learn new job skills, and start businesses!$30,000 a year times 13 million unemployed Americans is $390 billion and two years would cost $780 billion, leaving another $70 billion on the table from the $850 billion given fraudulently to the big corporations and hedge fund managers who stripped the businesses of assets! Obama Sux!

"Stanley, this is another fine mess your skunk child has gotten us into! We're now $15 trillion dollars in debt and getting worse!"
DOC

United States

#369 Jun 9, 2011
In a way it does matter so people will stop these redundant arguments over something as silly as the name of a town. It's "stood" for this meaning before most of us were born. And a lot of people still stand behind it, as well as against it.
DOC

United States

#370 Jun 9, 2011
Very well put!
Melvin

United States

#371 Jun 10, 2011
I like lasagna
bib

Davenport, IA

#372 Jul 21, 2011
all of you racist pricks are going to burn n
GivingFacts

Anna, IL

#373 Jul 21, 2011
Towns such as Anna and Jonesboro are often called “sundown towns,” owing to the signs that many of them formerly sported at their corporate limits —signs that usually said “N*****, Don’t Let the Sun Go Do Down on You in ____”. Anna-Jonesboro had such signs on High Highway 127 as recently as the 1970s. These communities were also known as “sunset towns” or, in the Ozarks, “gray towns.” ~ Excerpts from The Importance of Sundown Towns

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whos got the best hunting club in union county (Sep '11) 2 hr Youngster 20
Top 5 best Aj Football Players Ever? 17 hr Graduate 16
looking for house 18 hr Davie Davie 7
Osbourne Chiropractic Tue DILLIGAF 2
male enhancement Tue Not_A_Troll 2
Jessica Hurd Revalon Bartender Mon Poken hope 10
picking my nose Mon MrBoogarPicker 2

Anna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance