Shopping Center across from SLHS East?

Shopping Center across from SLHS East?

Posted in the Ann Arbor Forum

Since: Jun 12

Milford, MI

#1 Jun 6, 2012
Anyone, what's the story behind the Shopping Center across from South Lyon East H.S? I moved back to MI in 09 and it was sitting there empty. I initially thought it was near completion but months later no traffic/construction. What business did they have there or supposed to be there? It seems like a decent area for business. What happened?

Since: Jun 12

Milford, MI

#2 Jun 14, 2012
Any one know what happened to this area?
Lauren

South Lyon, MI

#3 Jun 21, 2012
It was planned as 'The Shops at Hillers', or Copperwood, with the main draw a Hillers Grocery Store. Also a Rite Aid and Chase bank.

Lyon Township officials, in their usual incompetent way, are continuing to argue over landscaping, zoning, landscaping, rural feel, landscaping.

In addition to the stonewalling at Lyon Twp. I would guess since the economy is struggling that Hiller's may have backed out but I cannot confirm this.
So there you have it.

Since: Jun 12

Milford, MI

#4 Jul 1, 2012
Lauren wrote:
It was planned as 'The Shops at Hillers', or Copperwood, with the main draw a Hillers Grocery Store. Also a Rite Aid and Chase bank.

Lyon Township officials, in their usual incompetent way, are continuing to argue over landscaping, zoning, landscaping, rural feel, landscaping.

In addition to the stonewalling at Lyon Twp. I would guess since the economy is struggling that Hiller's may have backed out but I cannot confirm this.
So there you have it.
wow! 3 years of wondering. That sounds about right. Perhaps another grocery store is holding it back. So this was developed and never opened. I wonder how they got permits if the zoning was wrong.
dick

Whitmore Lake, MI

#5 Nov 19, 2012
According to Hillers management, they will open a store at Copperwood in the 2nd quarter of 2013.
SL resident

Chicago, IL

#6 Apr 15, 2013
dick wrote:
According to Hillers management, they will open a store at Copperwood in the 2nd quarter of 2013.
It appears they are finally starting work on building out the Hillers in SL.
Guest

Ann Arbor, MI

#7 Jun 4, 2013
Still not sure when it will be opened...look forward to it. That area does need some grocery store.
SL resident wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears they are finally starting work on building out the Hillers in SL.
John

South Lyon, MI

#8 Aug 21, 2013
Lauren wrote:
It was planned as 'The Shops at Hillers', or Copperwood, with the main draw a Hillers Grocery Store. Also a Rite Aid and Chase bank.
Lyon Township officials, in their usual incompetent way, are continuing to argue over landscaping, zoning, landscaping, rural feel, landscaping.
In addition to the stonewalling at Lyon Twp. I would guess since the economy is struggling that Hiller's may have backed out but I cannot confirm this.
So there you have it.
One thing is clear here. Lauren does not have a clue what she is talking about! The economy and litigation, not involving the township, are the reasons for the delay.
Missy

South Lyon, MI

#9 Aug 31, 2013
Hillers's will be opening at the end of September this year. As of now the date for opening is Sept 23rd.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ann Arbor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hall (May '12) Jul 29 fart 2
News Autonomous Cars: More on the Pros, Cons, and Co... Jul 28 reality is a crutch 1
News Janesville again waits on GM negotiations Jul 27 cntrailtents 2
Belleville's 1923 American LaFrance Brockway To... (Feb '07) Jul 25 Dave Davison 4
anyone know about the fire that was started on ... Jul 24 anonymous 1
Wedding gown explosion Jul 24 woohoogrammie 1
Normal Christian Life (Jan '15) Jul 23 SpiritualAbuseSan... 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ann Arbor Mortgages