Review: Handley Law Firm

Posted in the Ankeny Forum

Mike

West Des Moines, IA

#1 Nov 11, 2010
Larry Handley was by far the worst attorney I have ever had. His representation, communication, service and effort were all extremely poor. I do not recommend him. He caused me much frustration, time and money. The Attorney Fee Arbitration Committee significantly reduced my bill by $1700 because of his errors and inappropriate charges. He had promised several times to adjust my bill, but he did not.
Mike

West Des Moines, IA

#2 Apr 13, 2011
How unethical, pathetic and phony for Handley to pad his ratings himself and with his friends. All of a sudden Larry Handley has obviously been having his friends write him good reviews on many sites to make up for all the poor reviews. He has even given himself 5 stars on several review sites to pad his ratings. All of my complaints are valid and documented. Handley is making a false statement when he says that all my complaints have been denied by different agencies. The Attorney Fee Arbitration Committee reduced by bill by $1700 because he misled me on whether it was mandatory for him to be present at mediation, he broke his spoken and written promise to reimburse me for a huge error he made in court, and he unjustly charged me interest while the case was continuing and our fee dispute was ongoing. I strongly question the validity of all these positive reviews which have suddenly appeared at once.
Don

Des Moines, IA

#3 Jul 30, 2011
I had a huge problem with honesty regarding my attorney, Larry Handley of Ankeny, Iowa of the Handley Law Firm. He made serious errors in court for which he promised several times to adjust my bill, but he later went back on his word and refused. I had to file a complaint and finally the Attorney Fee Arbitration Committee forced him to reimburse me a significant amount due to his errors and inappropriate charges. He also misled me on whether it was mandatory for him to be present at a mediation, for which he charged me. I found out it was not mandatory as he had told me. Very poor representation, service, professionalism, communication and effort. Handley also charged me for a meeting and phone call which never occurred. He refused to provide any record or proof. He has been padding his own ratings on many sites to offset the bad ones. This is unethical, pathetic and deceptive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ankeny Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Fletcher Estates Apartment Homes (Apr '14) Dec '14 annoyed 4
meth addict rehired days later at ankeny salv... (Jun '12) Nov '14 jackjeckel 3
Any Pizza Hut employees in Ankeny who have had ... (Mar '13) Nov '14 jackjeckel 2
News DM businessman Ed Boesen dies after suicide att... (Jul '08) Nov '14 Yep 29
ing nylon panties under thier male clothes (Oct '14) Oct '14 anonymous 1
Free Fine Art Textile Show in Ankeny! (Jul '14) Jul '14 AnkenyArtCenter 1
News Former Iowa State Patrol trooper placed on prob... (Apr '06) May '14 Denison 23
More from around the web

Ankeny People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]