Casey's shareholders reject Couche-Ta...

Casey's shareholders reject Couche-Tard nominees, IA

There are 2 comments on the WHOtv story from Sep 23, 2010, titled Casey's shareholders reject Couche-Tard nominees, IA. In it, WHOtv reports that:

Shareholders of Iowa-based Casey's General Stores have voted in favor of the company's board nominees -- rejecting a slate of nominees from a Canadian suitor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

Since: Jul 10

Hedrick, IA

#1 Sep 23, 2010
Good for the Casey's share holders. JCP about had a hostile takeover 20 or more years ago and JCP was able to keep that from happening by putting the percentage of matched shares they give employees each year depending on that employees contribution into preferred stock.

I don't know how that works but it did. What they did for the employees is the preferred stock was locked into a certain price and even if the market went down they were guaranteed to get that price. A time after that our store closed the market had gone down but like promised I got the higher guaranteed price for my preferred stock which I think was about $10.00 more per share. I don't know if any of Casey's stock is employee owned or not but it can work.

Since: Jul 10

Hedrick, IA

#2 Sep 23, 2010
I should have said a hostile takeover attempt, my bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ankeny Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
first gay anal. (Dec '13) Jun 17 brian 4
News Cellphone video depicts nasty brawl unfolding a... Jun 5 MsObvious 1
News FUNDRAISING SCAM: Family of Child With Cancer C... (Aug '10) Apr '17 YouKnowRonCallMe 23
Jeff Altmayer Apr '17 Angry mom 2
News Weightlifter dies after 315-pound barbell drops... Dec '16 obxmike 1
News Ankeny to tackle teen drinking (Oct '06) Mar '16 Concerned citizen 8
Review: Fletcher Estates Apartment Homes (Apr '14) Feb '16 Tyra Jones 6

Ankeny Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ankeny Mortgages