Wet vs. Dry County 3/3/10

Wet vs. Dry County 3/3/10

There are 2 comments on the KOSA story from Mar 6, 2010, titled Wet vs. Dry County 3/3/10. In it, KOSA reports that:

Eddie Garcia CBS 7 News [email protected] March 3, 2010 Andrews, TX - Longtime Andrews resident Tommy Hester believes allowing alcohol will help local business.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOSA.

An Andrews Mom

Forsan, TX

#1 Mar 10, 2010
If you want to boost the economy in Andrews you need to build things that will keep people in Andrews. For example, a bowling alley, movie theater, or a family fun land. The only thing that making Andrews wet is going to increase is the number of drunk driving fatalities particularly amongst the youth of Andrews. No amount of economic growth is worth the chance of one of my family members being killed by a drunk driver. THINK ABOUT IT!!! I grew up in a "wet" small town and over a three year period I can think of 8 teens who died in alcohol related accidents and those are just the ones I can remember. Please, if for no other reason, please vote to keep Andrews dry for our teens sake.
Vote YES

Plainview, TX

#2 Mar 11, 2010
I agree with you somewhat, BUT regardless if Andrews is a WET or DRY county, teens will drink. No matter where the beer is, they are going to end up finding it. Think about this for a moment, if they are drunk and feel that there is a need to get more beer, look where they are going to drive to. They are going to drive miles and miles to the nearest city/town increasing the chances of fatalities on the highway. If you want to stop youth drinking, that needs to start at home or through some other form of involvements or curriculum. There are a lot of hard workers who do want to come home and have a beer without driving all the way to Odessa. I for one, would LOVE to go out for drinks with my husband, but we can't because it is too much of a hassle to be driving here and there drunk/intoxicated/tipsy/buzzin g, whatever you want to call it. And say that we did go to Odessa and had drinks, we are putting others at risk by coming back home to Andrews after a night out in town. And please dont say "well, stay home and dont drink", because the majority of us have been doing so to avoid such a conflict. I say vote to have Andrews a WET county. I know I am.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andrews Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for some one to give me my shots. Fri Jojo 1
anybody heard of an oil services company called... (Mar '14) Jun 23 Motor head 3
Lady's wanna chill at my crib (bored) Jun 23 Ana guna 2
Looking for someone who has planet fitness memb... Jun 22 Matt 1
need a woman to spoil rotten take care of singl... (Jun '12) Jun 18 Christinia 115
Who wants girls phones number for FaceTime? (Sep '14) Jun 16 rhogan704 19
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Andrews Mortgages