Tough Decisions

There are 2 comments on the Myrtle Beach Online story from Jun 2, 2008, titled Tough Decisions. In it, Myrtle Beach Online reports that:

If the caliber of the candidates in some local primary races is any indication, the democratic concept of citizen self-government is alive and well in our communities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Myrtle Beach Online.

Myrtle Beach, SC

#1 Jun 3, 2008
What about district 9. What's your recommendation?
The Right One

Conway, SC

#2 Jun 5, 2008
I think we need to take a good look at all candidates running for election. We need to look not only at the platform they are running on, but also at what people are saying about their personal experience with the candidates and how the candidate ran his/her campaign. As for myself, I look more at the actions of the candidates than at what they say. I want to see how they respect their opponents, how they treat their supporters as well as their opponent's supporters. I want to see how they handle pressure and the stress that surrounds any individual that would step up to be a servant of the people. In those areas you will find a person's true character. I want a person who is honest in their dealings, respectful to their opponents, able to handle stress without playing "Dirty Politics". That is the type of person I am, and that's the man/woman that I want to represent me not only on the County Level, but on the State level also and even in Washington.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andrews Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My last name is Clemson Feb 17 Stark 1
News Weather: Snow and ice slip in behind arctic tem... Jan '18 dan wheeler 1
Clemson title (Jan '17) Jan '18 Rotten banana boy 6
Mayor winner (Oct '15) Oct '15 Juan 1 1
News Georgetown County recommends evacuation of Dunb... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Dianajester 1
News Murrells Inlet: Community group condemns realit... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Concerned 1
News Andrews murder suspect arrested (Sep '08) May '13 gettin off topic 16

Andrews Jobs

Personal Finance

Andrews Mortgages