Woman accused of killing her adopted ...

Woman accused of killing her adopted son now faces lesser charges

There are 12 comments on the WQAD story from Oct 5, 2010, titled Woman accused of killing her adopted son now faces lesser charges. In it, WQAD reports that:

A woman accused of killing her adopted son now faces lesser charges. 30 year old Danielle Holdgrafer is accused of intentionally holding her 4 year old son, Collin's, head under water in a bath tub until he drowned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WQAD.

Robert Dittmar

Davis, IL

#1 Oct 6, 2010
She should be put in prison for the rest of her LIFE
Mawmaw

United States

#2 Oct 6, 2010
Lesser charges? Unless she says that she was killing him there is nothing that can be done, how sad. Our children are only on loan to us & God can take them at any time but what I don't understand is why these little babies' have to suffer before going to heaven. She should be put to death & so should anyone else who kills a child.
Maquoketa mother

Chicago, IL

#3 Oct 6, 2010
All I can say that what goes around comes around, and she will get what she has coming to her. Seems to me that its very strange that her husband that was a witness came up dead and now all the chagers for murder is gone on her. Just saying that something doesnt seem right here, But again there is nothing right about this whole story. A child was killed here and NO ONE is going to have to pay for this, Just wrong.

Just remember " Karma " is a bitch and it will come back in full circle and she will get what she deserves.
Stacie

Davenport, IA

#4 Oct 6, 2010
this is bunch of shit if she didn't want to be a parent then why adopt a child? If I was this little boy's birth mother I would be so upset for her killing my boy even through the birth mother gave her son up for adoption don't mean she don't think about him or love him any less. This lady should pay and get the first degree murder charge
sami

Davenport, IA

#5 Oct 6, 2010
OMG What is wrong with this court,OMG Again WTF she need to die in jail.This is shame .
Valley Girl

Sterling, IL

#6 Oct 6, 2010
What nut case could possibly disagree with Mawmaw's comment? How could anyone hurt a child much less kill them? If she didn't want him why not let someone have him who would love and nurture him. At least his birth mother loved him enough to give him up for what she probably thought would be a better life. This is so sad. This woman should never be allowed to come in contact with another human being. Trash.
Maquoketa mother

Chicago, IL

#7 Oct 6, 2010
The birth mother is in prison herself for 10 years do to dealing drugs.. Just a messed up deal, that poor child never had a chance...
ft madison mom

Santa Clara, CA

#8 Oct 6, 2010
where is the legal rights for this child ... this is totally wrong she needs to die in the same manner that the child was intrusted in her care... where was her psyc eval... to adopt this child i am in tears for this child who deserved none of this
Viotel

Santiago, Dominican Republic

#9 Oct 6, 2010
OMG, what the sh%$#? What's wrong with this people, she killed a little boy, she deserve to spend the rest of her life in prison.
Because he was adopted he doesn’t deserve justice?
Now they gonna say she didn’t mean it ? that was an accident.?
How can you drown somebody on a bathtub by accident?
Shame on you !!!!!
Shame on you !!!!!
Shame on you !!!!!
Charles M

#10 Oct 6, 2010
The birth mother gets 10 years on drugs charges , at least she didn’t killed him, but the adopted mother is gonna get a maximum of 8 and she killed the boy ??????.“That’s terrific ”, where is justice????, and remember that’s the only thing that we know about what happen to the boy, but imagine the hell that the he went throw, before that woman killed him .She should get 100 years .
Charles M

#11 Oct 6, 2010
I disagree with you she SHOULD be allowed to come in contact but with me, so i will kick he a%$, until she suffer all that the boy suffered
Mawmaw

United States

#12 Oct 6, 2010
ft madison mom wrote:
where is the legal rights for this child ... this is totally wrong she needs to die in the same manner that the child was intrusted in her care... where was her psyc eval... to adopt this child i am in tears for this child who deserved none of this
While I agree with you 100%, I couldn't drown her...could you? That is why we have a death penalty, the only fault that it has is all of the appeals that are involved. I say, put them to death immediately, just as they did & then even that would be too good for them. Poor children, they don't stand a chance. If they cannot depend on their parents to protect them they are screwed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andrew Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zwingle Music Thread (Aug '14) May '16 Musikologist 6
David Lippstock missing (Oct '15) Oct '15 Ladyserenity 1
Review: Noel Law Firm (May '15) May '15 disgruntled customer 1
News Wenthe takes oath as new Fayette mayor (Dec '13) Dec '13 Mebub 1
Sarah Nicole (Cornelius Seed Corn) (Jun '12) Jun '12 Wondering 1
Andrew School Closing (May '11) May '11 Mike From Texas 1
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Iowa (Di... (Oct '10) Jan '11 Dubuquer 2

Andrew Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Andrew Mortgages