Do you favor increasing taxes to keep...

Do you favor increasing taxes to keep the PVSD pool open?

Posted in the Andreas Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Swim coach

Lehighton, PA

#1 Jan 17, 2013
My plan is to raise taxes .5 to keep the pool open,everybody in the PVSD can then swim and shower for free.
Yeah sure

Lehighton, PA

#2 Jan 17, 2013
It would be much better to teach the kids how to read. If you want to swim, join the Y.

When did it become the job of a school to entertain kids? Want to play? You'd better pay ... and not with money coming out of my pocket.
Justin Time

Lehighton, PA

#3 Jan 17, 2013
I'm with Roy Angst close it down.
Naples

Sunbury, PA

#4 Jan 17, 2013
Justin Time wrote:
I'm with Roy Angst close it down.
I thought Roy and Irene went there for naked senior swim night, why would he want to close it? If he can't get enough support to have soccer like he promised, maybe he could start a water polo team in the pool
hiles

Lehighton, PA

#5 Jan 17, 2013
close it
markovich

Lehighton, PA

#6 Jan 17, 2013
hiles wrote:
close it
Keep it open
realty

Seaside Heights, NJ

#7 Jan 17, 2013
get rid of it....it is nothing but a waste of money
Swim coach

Lehighton, PA

#8 Jan 17, 2013
Just learned the reason the pool was closed, WaterWellness never paid the bill and got the school district for;

Not $10,000
Nor $20,000
But to the tune of $37,000 ( thirty seven thousand dollars)

And mickey angst supports giving them another chance!!!
Try This

Lehighton, PA

#9 Jan 17, 2013
Keep the pool,start a County underwater bowling league for all the seniors.4-5 minute games should do it. That will save social security some money Then close the damm school before more low life move into the empty homes of the bowling team
Justin Time

Lehighton, PA

#10 Jan 18, 2013
Naples wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought Roy and Irene went there for naked senior swim night, why would he want to close it? If he can't get enough support to have soccer like he promised, maybe he could start a water polo team in the pool
That must have been a closed door session ....because if anyone had seen that sight they would go blind !
Pv Alum

Lehighton, PA

#11 Jan 18, 2013
Keep it open and lose some more money it seems to be the thing to do they have been losing for how long now? CLOSE IT DOWN!
hmmm

Lehighton, PA

#12 Jan 18, 2013
Who in the admin signed that contract with water wellness? Why didn't they make sure water wellness secured the bond as the contract required before PV signed it? Laziness by the admin. Nothing new there! Once again no one at PV is responsible.
G Hi is 4 gays

United States

#13 Jan 18, 2013
hmmm wrote:
Who in the admin signed that contract with water wellness? Why didn't they make sure water wellness secured the bond as the contract required before PV signed it? Laziness by the admin. Nothing new there! Once again no one at PV is responsible.
Mind your own bussiness, Mickey said they were OK.
OH and by the way idiot when was the last time you saw a lease that required a bond, never I bet since you live rent free in section 8 housing
close it

Lehighton, PA

#14 Jan 26, 2013
Tell that harvan lady to go ask lehighton school district for a pool, Thats where your taxes go you don't pay taxes at pv screw ball
No Return No Pool

Lehighton, PA

#15 Jan 26, 2013
I'm sick of things that can not support themselves. We can't afford that pool. Close it. It's a luxury and we are not a rich school district that can afford the frills.
Words of Wisdom

Lehighton, PA

#16 Jan 27, 2013
No Return No Pool wrote:
I'm sick of things that can not support themselves. We can't afford that pool. Close it. It's a luxury and we are not a rich school district that can afford the frills.
The district is becoming unaffordable. Take a good look around - the Valley is practically dead. It's time to think how to break the district and send the kids to neighboring schools. The Panther Creek Valley is broke and broken ... and these silly sob's are worried about a swimming pool! If it can't work by a pay to play basis, shut it down!
Really think about it

United States

#17 Jan 27, 2013
Words of Wisdom wrote:
<quoted text>
The district is becoming unaffordable. Take a good look around - the Valley is practically dead. It's time to think how to break the district and send the kids to neighboring schools. The Panther Creek Valley is broke and broken ... and these silly sob's are worried about a swimming pool! If it can't work by a pay to play basis, shut it down!
Sending the students elsewhere would cost even more money. Any district that would take them would need to do a massive building project. Just combining this district with another would save very little. The only true alternitive would be county wide school districts. Doing this would make a large inctease in federal funding and grants that are availiable. There are a lot more programs availiable for the larger districts. Talking about pay to play, they should also have to pay to ride, eliminate the bussing if the kids want a ride to school have their parents pay for it. Places like Allenton made you take the public bus and pay for it yourself when I went to school down there.
Frank G

Mooresville, NC

#18 Jan 27, 2013
Shut it down and put in classrooms, then my kids can get oiut of tho trailer park down in Nequehoning. I didn't move here from New york to have my kids having to go through the cold outside to take a piss
willie

Lehighton, PA

#19 Jan 27, 2013
Frank G wrote:
Shut it down and put in classrooms, then my kids can get oiut of tho trailer park down in Nequehoning. I didn't move here from New york to have my kids having to go through the cold outside to take a piss
move back to ny we don't want you here, thats why this area is ruined cause of outsiders like you
realty

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Jan 27, 2013
they should close the pool and put classrooms because any kid should not be in a trailer to get an education thats not fair to the kids....keep them in one building so you know they are safe

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andreas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) Sun as the butthole s... 2,128
If you see my son Tommy Almeida Sep 20 Pepe the Frog 2
News Missing teen found dead Sep 8 TRUMP 2020 14
News Two arrested after fireworks incident... Aug 31 Time to pay the p... 4
3rd street drug bust (Mar '17) Aug '17 uncle daddy 3
Location of Former Newspaper Aug '17 pencor 2
News Former Cop Pleads Guilty to Vehicular Charges i... (Sep '16) Aug '17 sue them hicks 3

Andreas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Andreas Mortgages