Look out, Napa! -- themorningcall.com

Look out, Napa! -- themorningcall.com

There are 6 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jul 25, 2007, titled Look out, Napa! -- themorningcall.com. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

''We call it the Pennsylvania Experience. Our wine trail isn't Napa or Sonoma, but we know how to make great foods to pair with our wines and bring out the best in them,'' says Mary Sorrenti of Sorrenti's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

just me

Newtown Square, PA

#1 Jul 25, 2007
I bought two of these cookbooks at the visitors center in Allentown. One for me and one for my sister. We do the March Madness Weekends every year and love the food pairings. Now I have those recepies and more in one book and can toss out all those little slips of paper.
marie

AOL

#2 Jul 25, 2007
Look out, Napa? You've got to be kidding me with this title, right? It's nice that the Lehigh Valley has wineries, and a few even have decent wines, but comparing it to Napa is just plain silly. People travel from around the world to Napa and Sonoma. They are not, however, flocking to PA. If they were, the locals would probably just complain.

Napa has some of the best chefs and cuisine -- in the world. Locals in the Lehigh Valley complain when ever anything new opens - eg. "I liked it here just fine when all we had to eat was PA Dutch slop. Why do we need anything else? Why can't everyone from NY just leave?"

Maybe some of the staff writers for the Morning Call should travel out of the area occasionally in order to get a better sense of perspective.
Just Cuz

United States

#3 Jul 25, 2007
marie wrote:
Look out, Napa? You've got to be kidding me with this title, right? It's nice that the Lehigh Valley has wineries, and a few even have decent wines, but comparing it to Napa is just plain silly. People travel from around the world to Napa and Sonoma. They are not, however, flocking to PA. If they were, the locals would probably just complain.
Napa has some of the best chefs and cuisine -- in the world. Locals in the Lehigh Valley complain when ever anything new opens - eg. "I liked it here just fine when all we had to eat was PA Dutch slop. Why do we need anything else? Why can't everyone from NY just leave?"
Maybe some of the staff writers for the Morning Call should travel out of the area occasionally in order to get a better sense of perspective.
I dont think that was said in all seriousness.. More of a way to crab attention, so dont take it literally..
Angry White Man

Summit Hill, PA

#4 Jul 25, 2007
I get most of my car parts from NAPA.
marie

Doylestown, PA

#5 Jul 25, 2007
Angry White Man wrote:
I get most of my car parts from NAPA.
wow - this one is definitely from PA.
LMT

Northampton, PA

#6 Jul 26, 2007
Thanks for making me laugh about the PA Dutch slop. I've lived here most of my life and NEVER understood the fascination with PA Dutch food. It's ok, but it's just very basic food without too much taste.
marie wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andreas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
car train accident 4 hr I love train whis... 3
News Tamaqua man charged in stabbing Jul 23 knives are a mino... 6
Panther Valley News (Jul '14) Jul 22 Tickle Tickle 2,079
News Lost town of Lausanne Landing (Nov '16) Jul 21 Tommy two cakes 2
shelley scott sassaman,pa ~~~~staying in hometown (Jun '11) Jul 13 Wilford Brimley 10
Trump wants to repeal 13th amendment. (Dec '16) Jul 12 glad the spook is... 32
News Lehighton adds two full-time officers Jul 11 swayze 3

Andreas Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Andreas Mortgages