ditto that

Lehighton, PA

#5176 Feb 1, 2013
How good is it for the county republicans that the old party women are all over the front page of the Times News. Every time the get their picture in the paper another democrat converts. Smile.
ditto that

Lehighton, PA

#5177 Feb 1, 2013
To be clear on last comment. Yesterdays Times News. The dem party elders looked silly. Such small minds can't see 3 feet past the coke bottle glasses and realize their Obamacare will consume all their protested requests. Poor things.
One term Tom

United States

#5178 Feb 4, 2013
Did anyone else see the letter to the editor about Packerton Yards in Saturdays TN? If that was an accurate depiction of what is going on with Packerton Yards, then our commissioners are all morons.

A light in that dip is insanity. That would be a traffic nightmare, especially for all of the people that work down towards the Lehigh Valley which have to commute through there every day.
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#5179 Feb 4, 2013
ditto that wrote:
How good is it for the county republicans that the old party women are all over the front page of the Times News. Every time the get their picture in the paper another democrat converts. Smile.
I had a different take on that, as I understood the article, they were protesting cuts in medicare and social security. In this county, I think that is significant for the steady voters. More likely, I think, that the regular voters will be warm to that. I doubt that will convert anybody.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5180 Feb 4, 2013
Geez,I thought all of the regular posters left the county.It's been dead in here.GUMID,I think ditto that was being facetious about another D converting.Nobody wants to see medicare and ss cuts for sure.Anyway,beyond that what's happened in here.Seems to have gone in the tank.Time to get some real conversation going.Anything on the county or local levels with the upcoming election.
ditto that

Lehighton, PA

#5181 Feb 5, 2013
nuid wrote:
Geez,I thought all of the regular posters left the county.It's been dead in here.GUMID,I think ditto that was being facetious about another D converting.Nobody wants to see medicare and ss cuts for sure.Anyway,beyond that what's happened in here.Seems to have gone in the tank.Time to get some real conversation going.Anything on the county or local levels with the upcoming election.
Actually those elderly ladies are part of the old guard which has been getting its butt handed to it. They havent supported a winner or won a local precinct in 3 years. People are just sick of them. So I was only sort of acting tongue and cheek. With those mean old ladies and McCall's supportvpoor Cathy Wildoner and Justin Yaich stood no chance.
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#5182 Feb 5, 2013
Not hearing anything, NU, duller than dishwater at the moment. Seems we are in the winter doldrums. You have anything to report?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#5183 Feb 5, 2013
Gave up myid wrote:
Not hearing anything, NU, duller than dishwater at the moment. Seems we are in the winter doldrums. You have anything to report?
From What I hear the Dems are scrambling to find someone willing to run for comish in two years not really concerened with the upcomming row offices. No one really wants to put their names out there now because of the screwing the e-board gave the dems with the appointment. It's really going to be interesting to see who wants to get it chopped off by a rep challenger.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5184 Feb 5, 2013
Gave up myid wrote:
Have to admit I don't have much.Rumors abound about Judy Moon.Some say yes she is running while others say nay.Also hearing things have heated up as to finding an opponent against Heffley next year.Heard they want to keep it an unopposed primary on the D side but have heard scouts are out to give Heffley opposition on the R side.Seems he has ruffled the wrong feathers and is still delinquent with the no return phone calls and doing nothing for people with problems, etc.Com plaining about his arrogance and holier than thou attitude.Claims are made that he thinks he's invinceable.He should talk to Gilbert Gerhard about that.He thought he was unbeatable until Joe Orsulak with some pretty hefty R backing took him right out.Everything is pretty much conjecture and rumor so who knows.
One term Tom

Lehighton, PA

#5185 Feb 6, 2013
Lawful always wrote:
<quoted text>
From What I hear the Dems are scrambling to find someone willing to run for comish in two years not really concerened with the upcomming row offices. No one really wants to put their names out there now because of the screwing the e-board gave the dems with the appointment. It's really going to be interesting to see who wants to get it chopped off by a rep challenger.
Chopped off by a rep in that race? LOL. Whatever Dems put their names in for commish should be pretty safe as long as Gerhard runs again. You can't raise taxes that much and still get re-elected. His political career is over. We should see 3 new commissioners in office after their next election.

It wouldn't hurt to put a solid ticket out there for that race, but we'll see. It's early yet. Come to think of it I haven't heard any rep names for commish yet either. Rumor is that Nothstein is retiring at the end of his term.
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#5186 Feb 6, 2013
Moon will run, I'll lay money on that one. Getting vague reports of suggested names for commish race, but just all speculation. Nothing confirmable. Right now, neither party has anybody appetizing on the menu.
One term Tom

Alexandria, VA

#5187 Feb 6, 2013
Spill the beans on the rumors already!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#5188 Feb 6, 2013
One term Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Chopped off by a rep in that race? LOL. Whatever Dems put their names in for commish should be pretty safe as long as Gerhard runs again. You can't raise taxes that much and still get re-elected. His political career is over. We should see 3 new commissioners in office after their next election.
It wouldn't hurt to put a solid ticket out there for that race, but we'll see. It's early yet. Come to think of it I haven't heard any rep names for commish yet either. Rumor is that Nothstein is retiring at the end of his term.
I meant for row offices. Most dems that I speak to think that there will still be a backlash from the appointment, no matter who runs. They won't come out for commish or rep till they see how the voters treat the dems in this election.
nuid

Lehighton, PA

#5189 Feb 6, 2013
While I agree about the backlash of the appointment,with what Corbett wants and is doing will pretty much assure a Dem sweep next year.With the privatizing of the State Liquor Stores,the Lottery,and what he wants to do with the state pension system,there is definitely going to be an uprising.I agree that there is great disention concerning the pensions,I still think there is tremendous disention to put the Dems in the win column.No names are surfacing for the row offices.Heffley had shot off his mouth that he may have a candidate against Moon but as usual that seems to be dead in the water.Nobody was ever given a name on that one.Com mish race is too far off to be hearing concrete names.All I hear is that there are people (no names) who are seriously looking to run against Heffley next year.Lots of conjecture but again nothing concrete.Anyone think Nalesnik will give it a go again?
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5190 Feb 6, 2013
Law, that might be true to some extent, but I think most of the Dems who may be willing to run for those offices aren't the people that you would think they are. Most of the usual suspects have already said they won't run for either of those offices.

To be honest I've only heard a few names thrown out there(and that was only for commissioner) and none of them were people saying they would run. It was people that didn't deny that they would think about it, hehe.

It'll be interesting to see who runs against Heffley. If there is enough of a Corbett backlash, then Heffley might have some trouble. I don't think its likely with most of the voters here getting skewed news, but the state wide races in 2014 will certainly tilt Democrat with Corbett on the ballot.
Tweet Tweet

Lehighton, PA

#5191 Feb 6, 2013
nuid wrote:
Anyone think Nalesnik will give it a go again?
No. He is the laziest candidate ever. Even the people that had him run last time wouldnt help him now.
CoRbEtT StInKs

Lehighton, PA

#5192 Feb 6, 2013
Corbett has to be one of the worst governors we have seen. He's a liar and has not done one damn thing good for this state or us taxpayers. He's selling us out and to foreigners with the lottery. I hope our new lady Attorney General keeps digging on the guy. His son in law is in trouble and everyone knows things ain't right with his involvement in the Sandusky mess. I hope Heffley is in trouble. Hes another one who hasn't done a damn thing. To bad about the Nalesnik kid. He makes a nice showing and seems nice. I hope the democrats get some good people to run and get rid of these republicans before they ruin everything. They have caused enough problems on the state level. Heffley only rubber stamps what he is told. They have to go.
Wake up

Jim Thorpe, PA

#5193 Feb 7, 2013
But as any good Republican will tell you, any job you might have is at the blessing of a Job Creator and you are only deserving of what he/she/they want to pay you. It is your job to do the work and be thankful. Fringe benefits are a drain on our economy and the day that you are no longer able to find work, you should die and unburden the system.

Yep, everyone is evaluated relative to a third world worker.
Im up

Jim Thorpe, PA

#5194 Feb 7, 2013
Corbett refuses to impose a fair tax on the state's booming natural gas producers. And he has failed to close the Delaware loophole, exploited by corporations to evade an estimated hundreds of millions of tax dollars due to Pennsylvania
Gave up myid

Lehighton, PA

#5195 Feb 7, 2013
Nalesnik won't run, that's another one I'd bet money on. The problem with taking on Heffley is money, nobody has or is willing to pony up the money to go against him, he just had too big of a war chest against Rabenold. Heffley is bought and paid for by the State Republican party, and they won't sell him cheap. Even if the Dems find a good candidate, that person will have to be able to withstand 8 - 10 negative mailings on whatever trash the Doyle people can dig up on the poor sap. I was really offended by the campaign heffley ran against Rabenold, showed his lack of class.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andreas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
R Mickey Angst Report (Mar '14) 17 hr R Mickey Angst 948
What Has R Mickey Angst done for the students a... 18 hr Another P V parent 25
contractors doing hail damage repair (Jul '11) Dec 18 Paul Bear 10
Nesquehoning begins a new tradition Dec 18 fudge flinger 6
Stilhaus Kitchens Reviews Dec 18 Trailer Flipping 6
who do you want as your next county commissioners Dec 4 truth agent 27
Helicopters and police Dec 3 Rockydog15 1
Andreas Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web