Still out in the cold; thousands remain without power

Nov 1, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New Jersey Herald

A Jersey Central Power & Light spokesman said that they learned their lesson from Hurricane Irene and are now working to provide better communication as they restore power to about 27,700 customers in Sussex County, but some people say it is not enough.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Nov 5, 2011
Dissatisfied with JCPL

Warwick, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2011

Rate them "poor" when it comes to running a company. Yes there was an outage but you don't deplete your entire company and put them in the field when you have others coming in from out-of-state to help. They refused to send someone to turn power on to a new customer (2 minute job) until the outages were resolved because their "meter people are assisting with the outages". You don't abandon the rest of your paying customers. They should be able to balance their workforce. This is not the first time they've had an outage to deal with and won't be the last.
BTW, where are they working? Been all over Sussex County in the past two days and have not seen one crew out there nor seen any trucks on the roads.
RuthinkinG

Sussex, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2011

With the rates they charge, they should have enough crews to of had us up and running by today no later. This is disgusting how we are being treated, lets not forget JCP&L is First Energy the company responsible for the Northeast blackout almost 8 years ago and when their crews went on strike they raised our rates. Occupy Wall Street, I say Occupy Energy Companies. One town in New Jersey is preparing to file suit against them. Write to you elected officials, tell them JCP&L needs to answer the public.
Iwasthere

Sussex, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2011

If I had a choice of electric companies, JCP&L would not come close to being my choice. They need to get out of NJ.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Andover Discussions

Search the Andover Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Latest D.W.I. (Feb '13) Jul 25 Tom 18
Listen monday to friday talk radio Jul 22 Bart 1
Stanhope school, This is out of control. (Oct '13) Jul 20 1familyone 43
Stanhope going to bagging leaves this fall? Jul 14 george 1
Storefronts on spring street Jul 4 Jim 1
Camp Don Bosco (Mar '09) Jun '14 Jonathan R Mcfly 74
ppp Feb '14 Norman 1
•••
•••