First Prev
of 5
Next Last
stanhope girl

Randolph, NJ

#90 Jul 30, 2012
Listen people......If you have something to say go to a council meeting and speak your problems and issues about the problems in Stanhope. You have no problem saying it on topixs! The mayor and council don't know what the problems if you don't bring them to the floor!
Citizen

Irvington, NJ

#91 Jul 31, 2012
stanhope girl wrote:
Listen people......If you have something to say go to a council meeting and speak your problems and issues about the problems in Stanhope. You have no problem saying it on topixs! The mayor and council don't know what the problems if you don't bring them to the floor!
That's not how I operate. I'm a chicken sh** who likes to hide behind a keyboard.
Citizen

Douglassville, PA

#92 Jul 31, 2012
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not how I operate. I'm a chicken sh** who likes to hide behind a keyboard.
Wow, still sad how someone keeps posting using Citizen.

The Topix site has a lot of positive information about your town. Then you get some just trying to personally say things hurtful. I'm just posting information about the business's in the town.

Take a few minutes and read the other topics posted. There is a pattern of some trying to move forward and others living in the past.

Citizen

Douglassville, PA

#93 Aug 22, 2012
stanhope girl wrote:
Not being a Stanhope resident but have ties to Byram, Netcong, Andover and Stanhope cant go to meetings. I do attend meeting where I live. Business requirements have me coming to these locations. Over the years the Stanhope strip from Ted's Deli
to Acorn light on 206 has been revitalized. The homes and businesses have all shown a great interest in cleaning up and looking like true concerned citizens.

Except! the location with the Citgo sign,(not on their web site) seems to have kept up with the others. The cars and commercial equipment are either for sale or just left. The people I know are still concerned of retribution from the old guard. I have always wondered why from Teds thru Stanhope the residents seem to care and go to the meeting. From Teds to Acorn it is another world.

Again, my friends living here have lived with it and I wonder how it effects the tax base? Came to visit today and still see his vechicles at Gyro Bobs. Sorry to say more of his vechicles then customers.

Stanhope cared about his other location which he left, but still bears his name. Posiible tax base question.

Citizen

Douglassville, PA

#94 Sep 15, 2012
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Not being a Stanhope resident but have ties to Byram, Netcong, Andover and Stanhope cant go to meetings. I do attend meeting where I live. Business requirements have me coming to these locations. Over the years the Stanhope strip from Ted's Deli
to Acorn light on 206 has been revitalized. The homes and businesses have all shown a great interest in cleaning up and looking like true concerned citizens.
Except! the location with the Citgo sign,(not on their web site) seems to have kept up with the others. The cars and commercial equipment are either for sale or just left. The people I know are still concerned of retribution from the old guard. I have always wondered why from Teds thru Stanhope the residents seem to care and go to the meeting. From Teds to Acorn it is another world.
Again, my friends living here have lived with it and I wonder how it effects the tax base? Came to visit today and still see his vechicles at Gyro Bobs. Sorry to say more of his vechicles then customers.
Stanhope cared about his other location which he left, but still bears his name. Posiible tax base question.
StanhopeNews

3 hrs ago | TheAlternativePress.com

Borough of Stanhope Swears in New Council Member and Discusses Renovations

The cleanup of Jimmy's and Gyro Bob's is hopefully going to start.
Citizen

Douglassville, PA

#95 Oct 3, 2012
Leaves coming down, eye sore more visible.
Citizen

Douglassville, PA

#96 Jan 1, 2013
Citizen wrote:
Leaves coming down, eye sore more visible.
Happy New Year....

Came to visit and looks worse then 2012. Trucks cars and stuff all parked on the Gyro Bobs lot. Also in the house that looks abandoned is a sign to rent??? Well auto repairs, possibly abandoned vehicle's and a restaurant with non plated vehicle's in front and back of the building. The Black Forest customers are really in for a visual treat through the winter season.

Good Luck to residents and business owners.

Citizen

Irvington, NJ

#97 Jan 2, 2013
It's the new year I'm still drunk and I'm still an a-hole!
Citizen

Douglassville, PA

#98 Jan 2, 2013
Citizen wrote:
It's the new year I'm still drunk and I'm still an a-hole!
As before the impostor is more concerned with making fun of me then the mess called Jimmy's.

Lets see what becomes of the stuff across from the Black Forest Inn.
Citizen

Irvington, NJ

#99 Jan 3, 2013
FYI, I'm actually the owner of the Black Forest Inn. Just thoughh I should come clean.
Citizen

Douglassville, PA

#100 Jan 27, 2013
Citizen wrote:
FYI, I'm actually the owner of the Black Forest Inn. Just thoughh I should come clean.
As before the impostor thinks he is fooling anyone.

Unfortunately Gyro Bob's has been closed do a family illness.

How long will the vehicles behind the building and in the parking lot going to be abandoned in the restaurant lot? Someone told me the location may possibly up for sale, has anyone else heard?

Citizen

Irvington, NJ

#101 Jan 28, 2013
I smoke crack!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Ferguson - Stanhope, NJ Sep 17 Tired 6
Get outta here! 41 percent of New Jerseyans wou... Sep 14 Garda Hyde 4
Review: X-Rays Lounge (Sep '11) Sep 13 CheeKo 4
Storefronts on spring street Sep 13 CheeKo 2
Camp Don Bosco (Mar '09) Sep 8 Greg WHITEY Greco 78
Debate: Marijuana - Hopatcong, NJ (Sep '10) Aug 28 Legalize 30
Tire Monkey claims to be a Mechanic Aug 23 From Town 1
•••

Andover News Video

•••