Arnold Palmer

Roseland, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

On a recent visit to Mt. Tabor, New Jersey, Chicken Little was reported to have told neighborhood residents, "The sky is falling. The CMA says there could be 250 townhouses built on the golf course if the homeowners of Mt. Tabor don't spend millions of dollars of Parsippany open-space money to build a new clubhouse for the country-club tenant. OMG...the sky is falling."

As it turns out, Chicken Little's friend Cocky-Locky knew the truth and told the whole neighborhood not to be frightened of the CMA's latest BS story and not to be conned by an organization that had its IRA tax status revoked on June 16, 2008.

IRS Announcement 2008-54

The Internal Revenue Service has revoked its determination that the organizations listed below qualify as organizations described in sections 501(c)(3) and 170(c)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986.

Generally, the Service will not disallow deductions for contributions made to a listed organization on or before the date of announcement in the Internal Revenue Bulletin that an organization no longer qualifies. However, the Service is not precluded from disallowing a deduction for any contributions made after an organization ceases to qualify under section 170(c)(2) if the organization has not timely filed a suit for declaratory judgment under section 7428 and if the contributor (1) had knowledge of the revocation of the ruling or determination letter,(2) was aware that such revocation was imminent, or (3) was in part responsible for or was aware of the activities or omissions of the organization that brought about this revocation.

If on the other hand a suit for declaratory judgment has been timely filed, contributions from individuals and organizations described in section 170(c)(2) that are otherwise allowable will continue to be deductible. Protection under section 7428(c) would begin on June 16, 2008, and would end on the date the court first determines that the organization is not described in section 170(c)(2) as more particularly set forth in section 7428(c)(1). For individual contributors, the maximum deduction protected is $1,000, with a husband and wife treated as one contributor. This benefit is not extended to any individual, in whole or in part, for the acts or omissions of the organization that were the basis for revocation.

Org. Name City State

Community Child Care Portland OR

Camp Meeting of the Assoc. of the Newark Conf. of the Methodist Episcopal Church Mount Tabor NJ

Berryessa PAL Youth Football Club, Inc. San Jose CA
Rape Survivors Anonymous World Services, Inc. Oswego IL

Round Rock Band Boosters, Inc. Round Rock TX
Larry

South Burlington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

When I read the headline I thought AlBore was there saying the sky is falling. Or warming, or cooling, or something that he can charge admission for.

After all, he made $100,000,000 saying the sky is falling.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Andover Discussions

Search the Andover Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Latest D.W.I. (Feb '13) Jul 25 Tom 18
Listen monday to friday talk radio Jul 22 Bart 1
Stanhope school, This is out of control. (Oct '13) Jul 20 1familyone 43
Stanhope going to bagging leaves this fall? Jul 14 george 1
Storefronts on spring street Jul 4 Jim 1
Camp Don Bosco (Mar '09) Jun '14 Jonathan R Mcfly 74
ppp Feb '14 Norman 1
•••
•••