Ailing health prompts LeDoux to resign Anoka County board seat

Full story: TwinCities.com 6
Anoka County commissioner and former heavyweight boxer Scott LeDoux has resigned from his seat on the county board. Read more
Patriot

AOL

#1 May 11, 2010
Hang in there Scott!
P T Bull

Minneapolis, MN

#2 May 11, 2010
Prayers to scott and his family.
Thanks

Dallas, TX

#3 May 11, 2010
A politician who voluntarily gives up power...

What a class act.

It makes Ted Kennedy look like the dirt bag he was.
ANOKA00453

Andover, MN

#4 May 11, 2010
Anoka County Commissioner Rhonda Sivarajah was the only one to vote against the motion to pay his medical insurance.

By resigning early, his commissioner seat will be on the November ballot, thus saving the Anoka County taxpayers about $50,000.

I would like Commissioner Sivarajah to explain her action. This voting "no" is a slap in the face of Scott.
Paul Douglas

Chicago, IL

#5 May 11, 2010
ANOKA00453 wrote:
Anoka County Commissioner Rhonda Sivarajah was the only one to vote against the motion to pay his medical insurance.
By resigning early, his commissioner seat will be on the November ballot, thus saving the Anoka County taxpayers about $50,000.
I would like Commissioner Sivarajah to explain her action. This voting "no" is a slap in the face of Scott.
I'm guessing she thought politicians shouldn't vote each other special perks.
P T Bull

Minneapolis, MN

#6 May 11, 2010
ANOKA00453 wrote:
...I would like Commissioner Sivarajah to explain her action. This voting "no" is a slap in the face of Scott.

Who knows what their background was, but to create some sort of moral duty to give him some free health care at the taxpayer's expense doesn't cut it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City of ham Lake Mar 2 ham Laker newspaper 1
News Man charged with five felonies (Oct '07) Feb '15 Blue Collar 69
Review: HAO Massage Feb '15 Eric 1
Poll Worked with Bill Mccann - Ham Lake (Feb '08) Feb '15 Mr cash only 48
News A coroner of compassion: The Anoka County medic... (Mar '08) Feb '15 nvrmnd 15
IPM & Joe Cole (Apr '08) Feb '15 ponzi 71
News Anoka Man Shot 7 Times, Suspect Arrested; Both ... (Nov '12) Feb '15 richardnoggin 10
Andover Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Andover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]