Bulls slip past Bucks 92-83

A Minneapolis police officer charged Friday with felony assault for allegedly attacking his wife was released on bail Monday. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Kevin

Hopkins, MN

#1 Jan 24, 2011
She simply should not have looked at him...its Shari (lol) law.....cover you head and learn to dance and jive if your gonna live in Minnesomalia....
Fed Up

Edgerton, KS

#2 Jan 24, 2011
Who is supporting him, his cleric and other men from his Mosque ? Should he really be allowed to be a police officer if there's ANY truth to this ? His religion may allow him to hit his wife, but our LAWS don't.
Marl

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Jan 24, 2011
Let the process work. I would like to know however, how many, if any were fellow officers? This sounds like a violent report, if it proves to be true, I would hope that those supporting him would also support the need for him to get help and change ways.
Sam

United States

#4 Jan 25, 2011
Just cause he has a goofy name doesnt make him muslim!
But yeah, a cop beating or threatning his wife is nothing new, it happens alot, cops are also guilty of alot of stalking too!
Maybe they should have someone monitor patrol squads GPS systems in their cars like people do to delivery truckers, to make sure these cops are doing & going to the right places!
Cloud

Tacoma, WA

#5 Jan 25, 2011
Sad. Sad. Sad.
Were they allowed to wear uniforms? Oh my goodness. With that many it doesn't even matter. She knows who they are. She is so brave to stay standing and not melt into a puddle. It was childish of the officers, not supportive, to load the courtroom against one lone woman who had photographed injuries to her face. They make themselves look bad.

If there are any good cops in MPLS now is the time to speak out. Things have to change.

Who's in charge? Unless all those cops are sleeping with the defendant they needed to be elsewhere.

Officer-Involved Domestic Violence Network [OIDVN]
http://www.policedomesticviolence.com/

Lane Judson Made His Daughter Crystal A Promise
[Father of slain wife of Tacoma Police Chief David Brame]
http://www.lanejudson.com/

Blog: Behind The Blue Wall
http://behindthebluewall.blogspot.com/
Cloud

Tacoma, WA

#6 Jan 25, 2011
OH, it wasn't cops. Whew.
I couldn't see the earlier comments until I hit Post Comment.
I apologize to all the officers.
SINCERELY.
Bob White

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Jan 25, 2011
Typical cop.
gwisahoax

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Jan 25, 2011
I just have one question. The story says she recanted her story. What did she recant it to?

I have no idea what happened here (apparently everyone posting on this board were eye witnesses). I think I will wait for the facts of this case before casting judgment.
WOW

United States

#9 Jan 25, 2011
Fed Up wrote:
Who is supporting him, his cleric and other men from his Mosque ? Should he really be allowed to be a police officer if there's ANY truth to this ? His religion may allow him to hit his wife, but our LAWS don't.
BINGO! In "his" country, this type of behavior is normal operating procedure.... His wife recanted her story because "they don't talk" - a prime example is the shootings at the RIverside Comm Center - lots of witnesses, but no one will talk. In 2008?, and now again a couple of days ago.
Beulah

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Jan 25, 2011
gwisahoax wrote:
I just have one question. The story says she recanted her story. What did she recant it to?
I have no idea what happened here (apparently everyone posting on this board were eye witnesses). I think I will wait for the facts of this case before casting judgment.
Assumption of innocence happens only in courtrooms; certainly not in TwinCities.com Discussions.
LMAO

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Jan 25, 2011
what's new? cops = wife beaters = domestic terrorist
Thomas Olson

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Jan 25, 2011
All I can say, is, if he did this, then he has no business being a police officer. I feel that a person is innocent, until proven guilty. I hope he is innocent.
Cathy

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jan 25, 2011
Let me guess, the 100 people who showed up to support the defendant were muslims who support abusing your wife or even killing her if thats what it takes to keep her in line?
Ray Marshall

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Jan 25, 2011
"Nearly 100 people showed up at Abdulkadir's bail hearing Monday morning, all of whom seemed to be supporting the defendant, according to Paul Young, division chief for violent crimes with the Anoka County attorney's office."

What has happened to journalism? Don't they teach the "who, what, when, where, why and how" anymore?

Was there anything distinguishing about those 100 "people?" Were they predominantly men? Were they speaking English to each other? Was there a leader there? Why weren't they interviewed?

Truth doesn't mean anything ti reporters and editors anymore. Publishers should muse about this as they monitor their plummeting circulation numbers and advertising revenue.

100 years and more ago, it wasn't that expensive to publish a newspaper. There probably were a dozen or more papers in St. Paul and Minneapolis in those days.

With the internet, email, texting and Twitter, we are returning to an era where many sources of news are being made available to readers.

We don't need highly paid journalism graduates writing news if they aren't going to provide the complete story and if "fear of offending" becomes the predominant theme of articles.
Unlce Sam

Chicago, IL

#15 Jan 25, 2011
Sickest American man.. go back to euro
Continence

Saint Joseph, MN

#16 Jan 25, 2011
My wife nows a "female" cop that stopped a recent immigrant from Africa. Within 5 minutes of the traffic stop.....a car with 5 other recent immigrant males from Africa "showed up to support" the stoppee!...The female cop (er chattel) was then followed by the "supporters" and had to call in Back-up for protection.

In some cultures, women have no business in ANY authority over the males. Get ready America....remember all cultures are "equal"...even those that make women wear face scarfs, murder women and girls in the name of honor, or pistol whip those women that forget their place....and thanks Lutheran Social Services, and you other Leftists for the recent immigrants from Africa.

Oh, and great job ignoring the cultural phenomina of mass groupings of males and dominated females showing up to "support" one of thier tribe members.
Lucky

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Jan 25, 2011
WOW-nothing but assumptions here. Bad reporting is at fault but who knows if 'supporters' were 100 cops, 100 Muslim men, 100 random people wandering through a courthouse. WE DON'T KNOW. That's the point. That's why we have courtrooms and proceedings to find out the truth. Don't pass judgment until you have some idea of what the truth is.
Newday

United States

#18 Jan 25, 2011
This is not the first or the last of the needless violence from police. Americans need to find their spines and take back the streets,not just from the criminals, but from the cops and lawyers.
Continence

Saint Joseph, MN

#19 Jan 25, 2011
Lucky wrote:
WOW-nothing but assumptions here. Bad reporting is at fault but who knows if 'supporters' were 100 cops, 100 Muslim men, 100 random people wandering through a courthouse. WE DON'T KNOW. That's the point. That's why we have courtrooms and proceedings to find out the truth. Don't pass judgment until you have some idea of what the truth is.
Common sense isn't always so common!
And logic can always be overcome by emotion!
And since there have been so many men named Bob Johnson that have 100 supporters at the courthouse, when they are acused of wife beating, one could easily ignore common sense, and deny logic.

Great post!
Lightinthenight

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Jan 25, 2011
Ok, let's see here.... We are talking about a culture where this type of behavior is not only acceptable, but expected. I have been working with immigrant families from 3rd world countries for 20 years and this is "expected" behavior. The "supporters" were there not only to support the defendant, but to scare the victim. I only hope our justice system has enough sense to investigate the crime in search of the truth! AND, I hope the officer is punished as in any other domestic situation. The next headline will be "Officer's wife and children found dead in their Andover home"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Randi Nicole Blaido 19 hr Hmmm 18
Debbie Johnson: 10-year state senator Oct 20 Oh bit 1
IPM & Joe Cole (Apr '08) Oct 20 PLP program mgr 66
Minnesota state officials scramble to calm Ebol... Oct 14 Thank God For ORe... 2
Coon Rapids Could Get Name Change (Jan '06) Oct 11 Sangelia 66
Where is IPM/ & Joe Cole (Apr '08) Sep '14 local scam 34
Golan the Insatiable's Josh Miller Sep '14 Repsdesign 1
Andover Dating
Find my Match

Andover Jobs

Andover People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Andover News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Andover

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]