Another Gay Teen Suicide in Minnesota

Another Gay Teen Suicide in Minnesota

There are 12 comments on the EDGEboston.com News Feed story from Jan 18, 2011, titled Another Gay Teen Suicide in Minnesota. In it, EDGEboston.com News Feed reports that:

Add to the depressing list of gay teens who have committed suicide over bullying Lance Lundsten, 18, of Milton, Minn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGEboston.com News Feed.

Since: Jan 11

Buffalo, MN

#1 Jan 18, 2011
yeah that's too bad....
Repp

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Jan 19, 2011
Another one bites the dust! Just couldn't deal with the ridicule, or what he was!
Le Dumbo

Monroe, LA

#3 Jan 19, 2011
we need to pass more laws . nobody should ever have hurt feelings.
The real - NICE

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jan 19, 2011
Wow, some of your comments are really cold - I hope you never have children who could end up being gay.

However, it is not just gay kids committing suicide. My son's best friend (who was not gay) was bullied for years in the school, why, because he was from a poor family. His clothes were not always clean. He had a different personality than most. He was a very talented artist.(drawing and sculpting) My son assigned himself his keeper. When he was around no one would say anything to him. My son was devastated when we got the call. I was devastated as well. To watch my son be in so much pain - and just praying his anger and rage at the perpatrators didn't come into play. I only wish people who think about suicide realize that High School is a blip on the radar of life. If you make it through without to many scars you can handle anything. I world is without a great talent, I often wonder where he would be now if he had not killed himself. It has been 8 years now. RIP T.G.
Tru Dat

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jan 19, 2011
I think saying he committed suicide because he's gay is a crock. At age 18 he could hop a bus and be in the most gay friendly city in the country ;Minneapolis.
It's more likely he suffered from depression and couldn't see past the current moment. Too bad for him and his family.
You Know Im Right

United States

#6 Jan 19, 2011
People should look at this like the homosexuals insist everyone must accept the homosexual counterfeiting of marriage, i.e. if you're against gay marriage, then don't marry a homosexual.
To remain free of the sin of bigotry, homosexuals demand of everyone else either praise, or silence and apathy.
As for homosexuals choosing suicide, the best thing would be to adopt the homosexual view of marriage, i.e. if you're against homosexual suicide, then don't kill yourself. It's just a popular fad among gays right now and is worthy of neither praise nor disapproval.
Its Over

Fargo, ND

#7 Jan 19, 2011
Coming to terms with one's homosexuality is just plain difficult in American culture. Most of us writing to this post can't really understand the feelings one has when one discovers this for himself. Our society is very heterosexual, so first there are feelings of what's wrong with me? Why did this happen? Did God really do this to me? Then, there's the much more scary means of communicating that to friends and family members, and usually most Americans have at least one anti-gay friend and family member. Then once you have come to terms with those two things, you have to find a place to meet some one you want to fall in love with. And just when you think you've found that person, you discover that gay men or lesbian women can be terrible lovers or relationship partners just like some straight woman and man can be. You have to work at a gay lover relationship the same way you have to work at a straight marriage. Initially, all this can be daunting. And dodging verbal insults from Christianers who want you to burn in hell for being gay let alone for being married to another gay person, and life can seem like one disasterous mistake.
Ben10

Grand Rapids, MN

#8 Jan 19, 2011
Its Over wrote:
Coming to terms with one's homosexuality is just plain difficult in American culture. Most of us writing to this post can't really understand the feelings one has when one discovers this for himself. Our society is very heterosexual, so first there are feelings of what's wrong with me? Why did this happen? Did God really do this to me? Then, there's the much more scary means of communicating that to friends and family members, and usually most Americans have at least one anti-gay friend and family member. Then once you have come to terms with those two things, you have to find a place to meet some one you want to fall in love with. And just when you think you've found that person, you discover that gay men or lesbian women can be terrible lovers or relationship partners just like some straight woman and man can be. You have to work at a gay lover relationship the same way you have to work at a straight marriage. Initially, all this can be daunting. And dodging verbal insults from Christianers who want you to burn in hell for being gay let alone for being married to another gay person, and life can seem like one disasterous mistake.
Excuse me, I hate to rankle you with the truth, but almost all Christian faiths have made changes in their own laws to be more open to homosexuals, so your remark is patently false. Dont be a shmuck. I know some gay people who are great people, some who are jerks, just like anyone else. I feel sorry for the kid, but just because he is gay doesn't automatically mean that is why he killed himself. As for the Christians wanting them to burn in hell...is that anything like your hatred of the christian faith. Very very creepy weird, this anti religion movement by this small, vitriolic leftist group. What are you afraid of? Little children going to Sunday school to learn to be better people? Or does your anger filled mind see conspiracy everywhere? Sad to be you.
Matt

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#9 Jan 19, 2011
He was afraid that obama would ask him to go into the Army now that don't ask don't tell has been repealed.
thinkonit

Saint Cloud, MN

#10 Jan 19, 2011
Matt wrote:
He was afraid that obama would ask him to go into the Army now that don't ask don't tell has been repealed.
...and he was afraid to bite off more than he could chew..

Since: Aug 09

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Jan 19, 2011
"When he discussed being openly gay and being relentlessly bullied for it, he simply shrugged. "Well, itís not right, but itís high school," he told the paper. "Itís to be expected."

That's what we all said (about any bullying) 20 years ago, and we all made it through just fine. It is only the last 5 years that people have spent their time trying to find ways to be offended...and blaming everyone else for everything.
Legger

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jan 19, 2011
You Know Im Right wrote:
People should look at this like the homosexuals insist everyone must accept the homosexual counterfeiting of marriage, i.e. if you're against gay marriage, then don't marry a homosexual.
To remain free of the sin of bigotry, homosexuals demand of everyone else either praise, or silence and apathy.
As for homosexuals choosing suicide, the best thing would be to adopt the homosexual view of marriage, i.e. if you're against homosexual suicide, then don't kill yourself. It's just a popular fad among gays right now and is worthy of neither praise nor disapproval.
I know you're wrong, and I am thankful for that. Nice ironic screen name.

I hereby nominate you for dumbest person on Topix. And that is including IrishMN!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Worked with Bill Mccann - Ham Lake (Feb '08) Nov 15 The Lakes 52
News Coon Rapids Could Get Name Change (Jan '06) Nov '17 Lucky 75
News Anoka County / Baby sitter charged in child sex... (Apr '08) Sep '17 Patty 44
Shopper City (Mar '06) Aug '17 champ 43
News Top Projects of 2016 series: River North Senior... Aug '17 NIRVANACDRX 1
News Minnesota won't pay for pro soccer field - but ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 PB in Saint Paul 1
News Missing Minnesota Teens Found With Man They Met... (Nov '14) Nov '14 unknowned 1

Andover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Andover Mortgages