Methuen carpenter has history of unsc...

Methuen carpenter has history of unscrupulous business practices

There are 39 comments on the EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA story from Oct 26, 2008, titled Methuen carpenter has history of unscrupulous business practices. In it, EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA reports that:

Long before Alfred Verdone allegedly bilked an Andover woman, the Methuen carpenter was barred from working in the states of Maine and New Hampshire, and ordered to pay $90,000 in fines and restitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
guess who

Malden, MA

#3 Nov 9, 2008
oh
reader

Essex, MA

#6 Nov 10, 2008
the state should investigate all of them!
reader

Essex, MA

#7 Nov 10, 2008
the state should look into the matter some more.
AAA

Westford, MA

#10 Nov 19, 2008
abcdefgh
AAA

Westford, MA

#11 Nov 19, 2008
all lies, what a wide imagination!
reader

Westford, MA

#12 Nov 19, 2008
get a life?
guess who

Malden, MA

#15 Nov 22, 2008
To "Andover"

I pray to God that he is dealt in the courts so that he doesn't scam anymore victims. It is a shame that his matter is not being recognized as criminal, this is the reason why he continues to victimize innocent people. What kind of mean spirited person would bilk people out of money, especially the elderly?. One of the latest victims is elderly and abuse of the elderly is a crime and a criminal matter in court, not only just a civil matter because of the money involved. I am not trying to make excuses for this man's conduct,YOU are. There is no excuse why I wrote my post, only a legitimate and justified reason. This man was caught before and has gone from state to state and no doubt he'll do it again unless he is stopped. Its obvious he wont stop on his own. Sometime the truth is ugly and it hurts but that's the truth. Do you think this guy has any conscience? Where should anyone feel sorry for him? I feel no shame for asserting my right to make this statement. Shame on you for supporting the con man and disregarding his victims.
guess who

Malden, MA

#17 Nov 24, 2008
People aren't nuts because they want to see someone take responsibility for their wrong doings or he wouldn't have gotten charged in two other states or in MA.

I agree that the husband is spam and should be canned. And throw away the key.
disgusted

Andover, MA

#18 Nov 25, 2008
I am not disputing his mismanagement, but only stating that comments such as yours are unwarranted. It sounds like he will be held responisible for his actions, but why tear someone apart on a web site. Also, I hope the information that you are posting is true and not fiction. That would be horrible. The comment on the mistress, why would anyone include such information unless they are filled with complete hatred and scorned. It sounds like that is the case and the mistress statement is wrong. Let me ask you something, has posting all these awful things made you feel better? It's a scary world if your answer is yes. Let the courts deal with his distruction if it is deserved.

I am disgusted with how people treat people...don't you remember your mother ever saying to you "two wrongs don't make a right".
guess who

Malden, MA

#19 Nov 25, 2008
I was taught right from wrong. I have never bilked anyone and I have never been arrested for bilking anyone.

Ask the two attorney generals and the newspapers why they would feel the need to publish anything about anyone to alert consumers and make people aware of this man and then invite comments or reactions from the public. Do you think they did it to make themselves feel better? Obviously, not only your comment or opinions count.

How do you know that the comments have torn this man apart? Do you have proof? He's been portrayed as a scam artist and since he has been charged several times, it leaves one to believe that he has no remorse, especially since he was arrested in MASS. So now the tax payers and the state of MASS should be burdened with his problem and have to spend money in taking him to court?

Regarding the mistress comment, how do you know that this information is fiction? In addition, the newspapers published the address where he lives and he lives with a married woman. Are you sure its fiction?

I have never hated anyone in my life. How do you know what hate. Although I am not scorned by this guy, I don't approve of what he did. If you have a problem with someone expressing their opinion, then that's just it, that's your problem.
cookie

Standish, ME

#20 Dec 8, 2008
I lived with the man for 10 years. He was nothing but pure evil.He is A drug addict and A drunk.Isaw him land the jobs,buy materials some anywase and go buy sometimes up to 1,000 in coke and crack and then abuse me.Just ask my children who had to come and get me away from him for fear of him killing me.The man and I use the term loosly does not care about anyone but hiwself.
cookie

Standish, ME

#21 Dec 8, 2008
Hi Al tell everyone how many times you changed the company name,sorry I forgot you don't know how to read or write Mr.East coast handyman,AA builders,East Coast handyman and property managment.You will run again Im sure.
cookie

Standish, ME

#22 Dec 8, 2008
Lets not forget after all the money you have taken you have never paid one penny in taxes state or federal.
Old Orchard Beach ME

South Easton, MA

#23 Dec 14, 2008
Cracked Cookie, you were with this man for 10 years, that's funny, doing coke, crack and what were you doing? Buying and selling? Interesting, stealing Social Security, saying that your children lived with you, and spending money on Vodak. Sleeping with his friend, and catching VD and spreading it around. Alot of doctor's appointments-------haaaaaaa!
Who would stay with a man for 10 years, who you thought was going to take your life, you need lots of help! You should of left him the first day. NO Intellegence.
AA meetings are free in Maine, sign up.
I heard there is new medication for your bi-polar.
Try it! Then write a comment, you can read and write, but can you stop drinking?
Remember, what goes aroung comes around, Cracked COOKIE
Write things that are pleasant, and move on.
reader

South Easton, MA

#24 Dec 14, 2008
WOW, you people have to much time on your hands!

Be nice,and stop talking about people.

Go to church NOW!
guess who

Malden, MA

#25 Dec 15, 2008
I am sure this guy has a trail of victims, not only the people who have accused him of bilking them but in his personal life, too. However, I do not believe that the one who he has been living with in Methuen is a "victim", as she herself knows how to victimize people all on her own accord and has her own extensive past history of abusing others, lying to the courts, manipulating the legal system, evading taxes, running illegal businesses, etc. In addition, one of her tire slashing brothers has been linked to drugs and there has been money made from her own wheeling and dealing with her husband. You might say that "Al" found an east coast handy woman who had a use for him, too. My understanding is that she alleged to the Lawrence Court in her income statement that she had work done on her house to explain what she did with money that they both blew in Vegas. Don't be surprised if she alleges that she is an "innocent" victim who was bilked by him, too, but of course she is just as much of a con as he is. They are made for each other.

reader

South Easton, MA

#26 Dec 15, 2008
why are you so interested in these people.

Writing about nothing, and degrading yourself.

Get a job or something..........

Leave people alone, be kind, go pray!
disgusted

Andover, MA

#27 Dec 15, 2008
reader wrote:
why are you so interested in these people.
Writing about nothing, and degrading yourself.
Get a job or something..........
Leave people alone, be kind, go pray!
I couldn't agree with you more!!!!! Don't forget that someday you will be held accountable for everything that you do or say.
guess who

Malden, MA

#28 Dec 15, 2008
I haven't bilked anyone so therefore I haven't degraded myself nor am I accountable for it.

I do pray to God and I thank him daily that I am not caught up with anyone such as the east coast handy man.

If you have such a great life, why are you so interested in other peoples' opinions if its all "nothing" and so "degrading" and you are so "disgusted" ? What are you doing at this site? Why don't YOU leave other people alone? YOU go pray.

You don't seem to have any problem, "DISGUSTED", with the comments made about Cookie by the east coast handy man.

Let me mock you right back.

"Don't forget that someday you will be held accountable for everything that you do or say."
Concerned Citizen

South Easton, MA

#29 Dec 15, 2008
guess who wrote:
I am sure this guy has a trail of victims, not only the people who have accused him of bilking them but in his personal life, too. However, I do not believe that the one who he has been living with in Methuen is a "victim", as she herself knows how to victimize people all on her own accord and has her own extensive past history of abusing others, lying to the courts, manipulating the legal system, evading taxes, running illegal businesses, etc. In addition, one of her tire slashing brothers has been linked to drugs and there has been money made from her own wheeling and dealing with her husband. You might say that "Al" found an east coast handy woman who had a use for him, too. My understanding is that she alleged to the Lawrence Court in her income statement that she had work done on her house to explain what she did with money that they both blew in Vegas. Don't be surprised if she alleges that she is an "innocent" victim who was bilked by him, too, but of course she is just as much of a con as he is. They are made for each other.
question? Where is the husband of this con women?
Is he the one writing these stories to make her look bad? Well, he can't be that good. Somerville Courts have him under probation for 2 years, for trying to kill his wife. And, having children with other women during his marriage, whom he never paid child support to any of them. He also collected from the government for many years, so he didn't have to pay child support. This information was all given at the Somerville Court.
His financial statement at the Lawrence Court stated that he has no assets, well he lied.
And still he is collecting from us. We work for him to stay home. He's no angel. He is cheat, liar, and a menace to our country.

I can't believe that there is only one side to all your stories, I had to go look at it myself.
Put the husband in this picture. He tried to kill her. It's not all about her, she has no criminal record, but he has one a mile long. Somerville Courts again, they have the information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police arrest log (Dec '10) Mon nick 10
do you remember? (wilmington style) (Aug '08) Jul 23 Vern 359
News Advocates push for in-state rates for undocumen... Jul 22 Vote Trump 2020 30
keno in massachusetts (Nov '08) Jul 20 rehana vaidya 82
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Jul 17 Bob KA-58 18,317
Billerica crim,e 70s 80s 90s (Jul '08) Jul 13 Gazzo60 373
News Born in Billerica, solar-powered Tertill ready ... Jul 13 tyrayd 1

Andover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Andover Mortgages