Residents miffed over closed I-93 dis...

Residents miffed over closed I-93 discussion

There are 5 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Oct 16, 2010, titled Residents miffed over closed I-93 discussion. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

A roundtable discussion that will bring together U.S. Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood, federal, state and tri-town officials to discuss the embattled I-93 Lowell Junction Interchange on Monday is raising the eyebrows of residents and other stakeholders in the area, who feel they should be also included in the discussion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

no more looting

Dracut, MA

#1 Oct 16, 2010
re: A spokesman for Tsongas' office, John Noble, said that the discussions, which are being held at Pfizer's offices at 1 Burtt Road in Andover on Monday at 8:30 a.m., would not be open to the public due to "security reasons"

John Noble, u worthless, corrupt hack, WTF are u talking about?

apparently, now Ninny is being shielded from any contact w/ actual voters - pathetic - if she were a man she'd be called a stuffed shirt...
get real

Wilmington, MA

#2 Oct 16, 2010
They just dont want to deal with the South Tewksbury residents, who stand to get screwed by this debacle.
Krochmal Farms Girl

Shelburne, VT

#3 Oct 17, 2010
Tsongas said"This is not subject to the state's Open Meeting Law which applies when a quorum of a local governmental body is present and official local business is discussed or votes are taken. Congresswoman Tsongas' office will be sharing the details of the discussion with all interested stakeholders."

SOOOO.. SHE SAYS THIS DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN OPEN MEETING BECAUSE LOCAL GOVERNMENTAL BODIES MUST BE PRESENT ***WHICH THEY WILL BE!*** AND LOCAL BUSINESS IS DISCUSSED ***WHICH SHE STATES SHE WILL SHARE THE DETAILS OF THE "DISCUSSION" WITH INTERESTED STAKEHOLDERS***

Sounds like double talk if I've ever heard it! All right inside the same sentence of her quote she states it is NOT a public meeting BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT IT FALLS WITHIN THE CONFINES OF A PUBLIC MEETING?!?!?!

Gimmie a break!
Tewksbury Citizen

Hudson, MA

#4 Oct 17, 2010
Depends what the definition of "is" is...politician spin at its finest.
bread

Peabody, MA

#5 Oct 17, 2010
Time to make a radical change on Beacon Hill this November. Get rid of Niki Tsongas and get rid of Jim Miceli. Show Beacon Hill we need real change, this closed meeting sickens me. Time for change

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andover Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lowell crime stories as remebered by residents (Jul '08) Sep 24 Lisa7776 777
Do you remember???? (Jun '08) Sep 23 Highlands Guy 18,030
Section 8 Fraud (Sep '08) Sep 17 No nonsense 338
Poll When did NEM-PIT start ?? (Feb '12) Sep 16 usa 4
Review: A&J Heating (Mar '15) Sep 15 Catherine M 3
News Arrest made in double murder (Dec '09) Sep 13 Lowell king 46
News Our Opinion: All OUI cases must be treated cons... Aug '16 cops are degener... 3

Andover Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Andover Mortgages