First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jim Hannan

Bradenton, FL

#1 Oct 10, 2012
I have had the opportunity recently to speak to many Grainger County residents about various topic's important them. More than half of those residents spoke of the immigration crime problem that effects all of us in many ways.
If you enter my country or our county, and, you are an immigrant, you need to possess the proper documents. It is costing us billions of tax dollars in healthcare, social benefits, housing, jobs and a host of issues,

I can assure you that when I seek the office of sheriff, I promise you that if the federal government does not fulfill that obligation, and the state does not enforce or own laws and policies, I will assure you all that I will.

seeker

Knoxville, TN

#2 Oct 10, 2012
Jim, Your blowing smoke.. an outsider will never be elected in this county. Sorry but truth is truth..
wow

Morristown, TN

#3 Oct 10, 2012
jim do you have a brother mike?
Queen

United States

#4 Oct 10, 2012
Mr. Hannan, you just won my vote!
I thank Almighty God that some man has finally appeared on the scene who has the forthrghtness to enforce the letter of the law.
raiger County is eing overrun by illegal immigrants, as well as other counties, and it offends me that the public officials we pay are not enforcing the law by getting them out of our society.
I am also offended that signs are appearing on store fronts that are all in other languages (mostly gutter spanish). English is the accepted language of this area, and our residents are ostracised by these business signs that we can't understand. We know that these people are illegals, because, to get a green card, visa, or citizenship papers, one has to speak some English.
I have been in businesses when several of these Spanish-speaking people came in and basically 'took over' the place with their wild children, offenive behavior, and loud Spanis yelled across aisles and all over the store.
This behavior would offend me if it were in English, but especially offends me when I know that these people have no legal right to be here, and are a drain to our society
Hospitals and care facilities have to employ translators to accomodate these people, which adds to the costs of operation.
Many of these people do not want to accomodate our society, thus highlighting their illegal status. They are unafraid of being deported.
I say if they want their culture, let them have it...in THEIR country.
This is MY country.
Keep posting your aims, and I will keep reading.
I'd like the opertunity to meet with you in person.
Will you be having a 'Meet and Greet'?
The Down Home in Rutledge would be a good place to hold such a meeting. I'm a regular there.
An outsider would be welcome to hold office here, as many of us other 'outsiders' are fed up with the same ol' same ol' office-holders.
You go!
Jim Hannan

United States

#5 Oct 10, 2012
seeker wrote:
Jim, Your blowing smoke.. an outsider will never be elected in this county. Sorry but truth is truth..
I'm so sorry you feel that way. Please, if you are going to attack me, you really must know me. You see the Immigration issue is an issue that is close to my heart. I lost a younger brother at the hands of a illegal immigrant during the course of a crime. It was senseless and he had shown no remorse, he entered the country and remained here years prior to committing this horrible crime. Yes, I understand what you say about Politicians, I'm not a politician, buy merely a lawman that knows how to get the job done. So, please, just hear me out and give me a chance to at least express in my heart what I believe I county needs. I don't expect people to love me, just understand me.
Jim Hannan

United States

#6 Oct 10, 2012
Queen wrote:
Mr. Hannan, you just won my vote!
I thank Almighty God that some man has finally appeared on the scene who has the forthrghtness to enforce the letter of the law.
raiger County is eing overrun by illegal immigrants, as well as other counties, and it offends me that the public officials we pay are not enforcing the law by getting them out of our society.
I am also offended that signs are appearing on store fronts that are all in other languages (mostly gutter spanish). English is the accepted language of this area, and our residents are ostracised by these business signs that we can't understand. We know that these people are illegals, because, to get a green card, visa, or citizenship papers, one has to speak some English.
I have been in businesses when several of these Spanish-speaking people came in and basically 'took over' the place with their wild children, offenive behavior, and loud Spanis yelled across aisles and all over the store.
This behavior would offend me if it were in English, but especially offends me when I know that these people have no legal right to be here, and are a drain to our society
Hospitals and care facilities have to employ translators to accomodate these people, which adds to the costs of operation.
Many of these people do not want to accomodate our society, thus highlighting their illegal status. They are unafraid of being deported.
I say if they want their culture, let them have it...in THEIR country.
This is MY country.
Keep posting your aims, and I will keep reading.
I'd like the opertunity to meet with you in person.
Will you be having a 'Meet and Greet'?
The Down Home in Rutledge would be a good place to hold such a meeting. I'm a regular there.
An outsider would be welcome to hold office here, as many of us other 'outsiders' are fed up with the same ol' same ol' office-holders.
You go!
I want to personally express my deepest regards for your understanding in this and many important issues that effect each of us in Grainger County. If the state and federal government refuses to follow through with taking action against illegals, I will. This is only a mere issue among many that I as well as many in our community share.
I want to make a difference, it is my heart to do so. I have 8 grandchildren, I raised 5 children. I am a very proud American, I have nothing to be ashamed of when I speak what I believe in.
No, the Hometown Restaurant is a great place !. I would love to have a cup of coffee and personally speak to you one on one soon. I am sorry that SEEKER has chose to label me, but, it is the American way. You can write me on Facebook/Jim Hannan. I hope to hear from you again.
Jim Hannan

United States

#7 Oct 10, 2012
wow wrote:
jim do you have a brother mike?
Thanks for asking
but "no, I do not, sorry.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#8 Oct 10, 2012
I am now more interested than ever to meet this fine man for myself. I was born and raised right here in Grainger County and you have my full attention. Don't listen to these nay sayers. People here are tired of crime, corruption and illegals. We want someone who will stand up for the taxpayers, take on the judicial system and deport those who enter our country illegally.
Queen

United States

#9 Oct 10, 2012
Mr. Hannan: Old Oak Tree and I are long-time friends, and we share many of the same opinions. Some on Topix like to claim that we are the same person, that we tag-team anyone who disagrees with us, that we are lovers, that we corrupt minors, and all kinds of wild asertions.
If you and I can agree on a meeting, Old Oak Tree might want to join us, as he has relatives who have been in law enforcement many years ago.
I am from Knox County, and though my father was buddies with several sherrif's there, I have not been so familiar with law enforcement officials.
I hold a Master's of Science in Nursing degree from Vanderbilt University, and my contacts are more in the medical and scientific fields.
I'm sorry that, in reading some of my former posts, it looks like I'm a bad typist.
Quite the contrary.
I type so fast that my computer can't keep up with my speed, and I'm trying to slow things down a little to accomodate this newer computer that my husband got for me. It's faster in locating sources for me, but slower in taking the beating I give it when I type.
Please pardon my errors.
do not get it

Morristown, TN

#10 Oct 11, 2012
If something isn't done about ILLEGAL immigration, Grainger County will soon start to look like Mexitown....oops, I mean Morristown.
Jim Hannan

United States

#11 Oct 11, 2012
do not get it wrote:
If something isn't done about ILLEGAL immigration, Grainger County will soon start to look like Mexitown....oops, I mean Morristown.
Thank You. Over the past three months I went out to speak to many farmers, businesses, and the community at whole. They all share my concern. I can assure you, that something need to be done. It is going to take sometime to isolate the problem ad than immediate address the issue. Like I stated in my first comment, if elected one of the first issues on the my short list is to address the immigrant problem that is beginning to grow daily. As I said before, if the federal government does not address this growing problem, I
will. Our community will not be subject to having illegals take over. The crime that they bring along with them will not be tolerated. I have investigated in the past the activities of the Mexican illegals. The drug trade, human trafficking,and more. This having been an existing problem which was never addressed bt any sheriff. I will not stand by and allow my community continue to be victims in many cases at the hands if these and any immigrant.
Jim Hannan

United States

#12 Oct 13, 2012
do not get it wrote:
I give you my word, this entire issue will b addressed. I am glad another person shares my concern.
If the community elects me in 2014, I will assure you that it is one of my Top Priority. Our county can not sustain this burden. The federal government better address this issue effectively,before I get in office.
Concerned

Morristown, TN

#13 Oct 14, 2012
Mr. Hannan, I see by your stance on illegal immigrants that you wish to do something about it. I am also against them being in our country illegally, but your proposal is to lock them in "your jail" as you called it. Could please quote me the T.C.A. that allows you to arrest a hispanic person for not having "papers" as you say. If you choose to detain them illegally yourself what are you going to do with them? I'm not sure if you are aware of this or not, but Grainger County does not have a Immigration Enforcement Office. If you do happen to be one of the lucky sheriff's (out of 95 counties in the state of Tennessee) that I.N.S. calls back they won't get involved unless they are charged with a felony and convicted. I see you post on here every day so please respond as soon as its convenient for you.
Jim Hannan

United States

#14 Oct 14, 2012
Concerned wrote:
Mr. Hannan, I see by your stance on illegal immigrants that you wish to do something about it. I am also against them being in our country illegally, but your proposal is to lock them in "your jail" as you called it. Could please quote me the T.C.A. that allows you to arrest a hispanic person for not having "papers" as you say. If you choose to detain them illegally yourself what are you going to do with them? I'm not sure if you are aware of this or not, but Grainger County does not have a Immigration Enforcement Office. If you do happen to be one of the lucky sheriff's (out of 95 counties in the state of Tennessee) that I.N.S. calls back they won't get involved unless they are charged with a felony and convicted. I see you post on here every day so please respond as soon as its convenient for you.
Let me provide some additional insight to this serious issue. Now, as sheriff, you can detain an illegal alien without proper documentation and hold hem until ICE arrives to take that illegal into custody. The county can be reimbursed for the financial cost's of the detainee. The illegal is awarded a hearing through immigration. Now, if the illegal commits a crime, let's just say a felony. He or she can be charged accordingly. That existentially means that the state would deal directly with the charge. The federal immigration would in all probability elect to start the deportation process. Let me give you an example. In 1991, I arrested a Mexican illegal alien to the execution style murder of a 8 year old boy. When I arrested him, immigration immediately wanted custody and begin deportation. NOT SO FAST I told the feds and the state attorney's office. I made a lawful arrest for murder,
and, I contested this case and fought with the feds over his release. I fought with the state attorney's office because they were willing to release him for federal deportation.This illegal was not about to waltz away with a murder charge and return back to Mexico, only to return back to the US. I was not about to allow this to happen. I was personally embattled in my own war with my government. I went to hearing after hearing. I fought our own government tooth and nail. I was relentless, I was not going to allow such simple slap on the hand for murder. This whole situation made me sick. I kept researching the immigration and deportation laws and found a overlooked loop hole in the federal immigration law. Today, this Mexican has his new residence in the state prison. Guess what, he is doing 25 to life, and if he is still alive when he released, he get's deported. He is also unable to apply for citizenship to the US. I will stand strong on this issue. I will guarantee and promise, that I will do the job that immigration has failed to do.
Blaine

Morristown, TN

#15 Oct 14, 2012
Jim Hannan wrote:
<quoted text> Let me provide some additional insight to this serious issue. Now, as sheriff, you can detain an illegal alien without proper documentation and hold hem until ICE arrives to take that illegal into custody. The county can be reimbursed for the financial cost's of the detainee. The illegal is awarded a hearing through immigration. Now, if the illegal commits a crime, let's just say a felony. He or she can be charged accordingly. That existentially means that the state would deal directly with the charge. The federal immigration would in all probability elect to start the deportation process. Let me give you an example. In 1991, I arrested a Mexican illegal alien to the execution style murder of a 8 year old boy. When I arrested him, immigration immediately wanted custody and begin deportation. NOT SO FAST I told the feds and the state attorney's office. I made a lawful arrest for murder,
and, I contested this case and fought with the feds over his release. I fought with the state attorney's office because they were willing to release him for federal deportation.This illegal was not about to waltz away with a murder charge and return back to Mexico, only to return back to the US. I was not about to allow this to happen. I was personally embattled in my own war with my government. I went to hearing after hearing. I fought our own government tooth and nail. I was relentless, I was not going to allow such simple slap on the hand for murder. This whole situation made me sick. I kept researching the immigration and deportation laws and found a overlooked loop hole in the federal immigration law. Today, this Mexican has his new residence in the state prison. Guess what, he is doing 25 to life, and if he is still alive when he released, he get's deported. He is also unable to apply for citizenship to the US. I will stand strong on this issue. I will guarantee and promise, that I will do the job that immigration has failed to do.
WOW!! Now I've heard it all. Be careful people who you commit to. Ever heard the old saying that if it sounds to good to be true it probably is? I'm not saying that you are lying, but it sure sounds like you like to talk the talk...and we've already got one of those in there.
Jim Hannan

United States

#16 Oct 14, 2012
Blaine wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!! Now I've heard it all. Be careful people who you commit to. Ever heard the old saying that if it sounds to good to be true it probably is? I'm not saying that you are lying, but it sure sounds like you like to talk the talk...and we've already got one of those in there.
How well I understand. I live here in Grainger Co., my family and grandchildren reside here as well. I have a bested interest in accomplishing our goals. I have seen how the illegal immigrant issue can take over. You and many other in our community have the right to say "promises, promises, after what we have experienced we can no longer suffer from these political lies. That is why I am writing to the community in Topix and up coming editorials. I need someone like yourself to keep reminding me where I came from and to hold my feet over the fire
so to speak. I thank you for input.
Blaine

United States

#17 Oct 15, 2012
Jim Hannan wrote:
<quoted text> How well I understand. I live here in Grainger Co., my family and grandchildren reside here as well. I have a bested interest in accomplishing our goals. I have seen how the illegal immigrant issue can take over. You and many other in our community have the right to say "promises, promises, after what we have experienced we can no longer suffer from these political lies. That is why I am writing to the community in Topix and up coming editorials. I need someone like yourself to keep reminding me where I came from and to hold my feet over the fire
so to speak. I thank you for input.
I try to keep up with topix...I don't know Concerned but I see he is giving you a hard time. I'd say that it's not personal toward you. Probably he has been wronged by the current administration and he wants to make sure that there will be no surprises next time. My question to you is that the current sheriff hands out bond cards...now I have no idea what that means but I have heard a rumor that the sheriff has given several of these bond cards and sheriff department badges out to citizens of the community who are not even certified officers. Please tell me your stand on this issue? Thank you.
Anonymous

United States

#18 Oct 15, 2012
Blaine wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you..well noted. I speak from my heart, experience in dealing with many issues. Your voice is well heard, and, I thank you for that !
Jim Hannan

United States

#19 Oct 15, 2012
Here we go again, Beacuit is one step ahead of me.
Grainger Resident

Beaverton, OR

#20 Nov 5, 2012
I also believe immigrants are taking over our county. I also believe that the farmers and anyone who employs them, should have to pay a hefty fine.(This is a huge problem in our county) Why don't these farmers give work to legal citizens of Grainger County, or young people who are willing to work hard. If you want to get rid of the rat..get rid of it's resources. In other words, cut off their supply of food stamps, welfare and any other help they are offered. It makes me sick also to see these leeches take from hard working Americans, when they drive around in nice vehicles and can't even speak English.

It is obvious that certain mexican feel entitled to be here and to take from our families. It needs to be dealt with swiftly. Shame on America for allowing so much damage to Government Programs, which were set up to help LEGAL citizens. I hope you keep your word Jim Hannan, and for some reason I believe you will...best of luck to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andersonville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christie jennings 4 hr She got warts 14
Leatrice 8 hr Mgs 2
Blake 9 hr SLS0879 2
Skyler longmire 13 hr Todd 12
Bojangles clinton norris exit 13 hr Duhhh 15
Campos 20 hr Out side looking in 18
Hey you guuuys!! 21 hr Really 4

Andersonville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance