Looking for anyone w/ last name "Morton"-PLEASE HELP!

Posted in the Anderson Forum

Brandee Michelle Morton

United States

#1 May 6, 2009
I'm praying someone might know anyone w/the last name- Morton. Specifically, the name Franklin Hampton Morton. He was born July 14, 1951 & he's my Father. He & my mom Sandra Kay Miller Morton were married for 11yr's & got divorced when I was about 3 1/2 yr's old (aprox 1982'-83'). We initially lived in AIKEN, SC. The ONLY contact I've had w/him since was @ age 11-12. 1 visit XMAS of 91' for 3 days. He came to MO to see me. Next, my mom took me to Aiken to see him the summer of 92'. I got to see where I was born (Augusta, GA), where we lived, etc. We spent 3 days @ Myrtle Beach also. I haven't seen or heard from him since. I'll be 30yr's old on November 11th & think about him everyday. I dont blame him @ all for leaving. I know the truth behind all of it & it wasn't his fault it was my moms. She's addmitted it to me finally! I need to know him, more then anyone can imagine! I'm married & have 2 children of my own that I really want him to know. There's not a day goes by I dont think about him & cry. I want so desperately to know anything I can. PLEASE PLEASE from the bottom of my heart help me if you can. I'd do anything to just see him or speak to him at least 1 more time before I die. It scares me everyday to think he may have passed away & I wouldn't even know. As far as I know he doesn't have anymore children, he has a brother who lived in the ANDERSON, SC area who has a son that would be 40 or so now. my grandfathers name was Ferman Morton & he has passed away I imagine. My father was in the Military. He was stationed somewhere w/my Uncle Jimmy Miller in late 60's early 70's. He met my mom when my Uncle brought him home to Cape Girardeau, Missouri for a holiday. I've lived here in Southeast Missouri since age 3. If anyone knows anything, I'm begging. I've wrote countless talk shows, websites, etc.. for help & get nothing. I know of a women who babysat me when I was little that I'm sure still lives in the area. She had 2 sons a little older then me. I think we lived in the same neighborhood or something. We lived in a trailer & so did she. Her & my mom were friends. I have pics of my 2yr birthday @ some icecream shop there w/her boys also. Well, thanks in advance for any help anyone can give. I really just want to know that my daddy is alive & well. I forgot to mention that I got a call @ my grandma Mabel Millers house in 2002 from a women that he'd been w/for several yr's. She told me he thought about me constantly but they were no longer together. She found my grandmas # in his things & decided to call to tell me he was living in Virginia @ that time. However I dont think he would still be there. I'm afraid I wont ever find him because maybe he's scared of being arrested or something. He never paid ANY child support what so ever, as far as I was told by my mom (who's lied to me ALOT). I dont know if that's true & I dont care about any money! I just care about knowing him & vice versa.
good luck

Fayetteville, NC

#2 Feb 12, 2013
I would try contacting "The Locater", it is a show I see on tv that locates missing family friends etc... good luck. I also dealt with this same issue... so I fell for ya.
good luck

Fayetteville, NC

#3 Feb 12, 2013
Sorry, I meant feel for ya... :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need new parents. Its either yes or no. I dont ... (May '12) Dec 17 karen00 9
Airsoft Team in Greenville, SC (Jan '10) Dec 17 xBIO_OPTICx 19
Transgender Teen Sues DMV Over Driver's License... Dec 9 DarbyAl 3
anyone know phillip lovin (Feb '10) Dec 8 Bluegrass 46
Hookers in Greenville Dec 8 Scoot Van Knowbetter 2
Review: BK Residential Construction (Jun '13) Dec 8 Valerie 6
where Dec 7 Scooter Van Nooter 2
Anderson Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web