Christ is NOT against Abortion nor gays

Posted in the Anderson Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of72
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 12, 2012
 
No where in the bible does he say either are a sin.

Does this mean that the born again evangelical churches are not Christian?
Simon

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I am gay, and I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality.
Taking life however..? That is murder, you cannot escape that truth. How can you be so simple and cruel as to not see it?
"Thou shalt not kill" seems like a fairly universal rule to me. Everyone has the right to life, and no one, I repeat NO ONE has the right to deny it.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 15, 2012
 
Simon wrote:
I am gay, and I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality.
Taking life however..? That is murder, you cannot escape that truth. How can you be so simple and cruel as to not see it?
"Thou shalt not kill" seems like a fairly universal rule to me. Everyone has the right to life, and no one, I repeat NO ONE has the right to deny it.
"Life"? It is not life until it can live on its own. While in the womb, it is a zygote, then an embryo and then a fetus. It feeds off the mother.

Let me ask you this. What RIGHT do you have to tell every woman in the US that she MUST carry all pregnancies, MUST have the number of children YOU tell her to, and MUST get pregnant by whom YOU say? What gives you that right? And then you turn around and vote to delete foodstamps from poor children, to have their parents' jobs shipped overseas, to cut off medical care to children, to strip children of a good education that competes with the global jobs and replace it with corporate or religious schools. To live in poverty in either poor housing with little police protection because the repubilcan party is slashing teaching jobs, state jobs and police and firemen jobs?

YOU seem to assume a role of god, lauding over women as though they were nothing more than sexual slaves. Does your "care" for an embryo have you vote Democrat and push for the liberal programs to help the poor, as Christ commanded? Or do you push for republicans to make the rich richer and give more faith based welfare to your church to "rehabilitate" pedophiles or deny women their right to choose?
Michael

Shingle Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 15, 2012
 
Cookie_Parker wrote:
<quoted text>
"Life"? It is not life until it can live on its own. While in the womb, it is a zygote, then an embryo and then a fetus. It feeds off the mother.
Let me ask you this. What RIGHT do you have to tell every woman in the US that she MUST carry all pregnancies, MUST have the number of children YOU tell her to, and MUST get pregnant by whom YOU say? What gives you that right? And then you turn around and vote to delete foodstamps from poor children, to have their parents' jobs shipped overseas, to cut off medical care to children, to strip children of a good education that competes with the global jobs and replace it with corporate or religious schools. To live in poverty in either poor housing with little police protection because the repubilcan party is slashing teaching jobs, state jobs and police and firemen jobs?
YOU seem to assume a role of god, lauding over women as though they were nothing more than sexual slaves. Does your "care" for an embryo have you vote Democrat and push for the liberal programs to help the poor, as Christ commanded? Or do you push for republicans to make the rich richer and give more faith based welfare to your church to "rehabilitate" pedophiles or deny women their right to choose?
Wow, I don't think that's what Simon was saying at all...
Simon

Shingle Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 15, 2012
 
I simply state that I believe abortion to be wrong, excepting cases of incest and rape.
Aborting a pregnancy simply because it is "inconvenient" is unethical in my opinion.
Assuming it was consensual, the father should have an equal say in the matter... The child is half his after all.

Quite frankly I was disappointed with your response; half of the text digressed into a rant on my other assumed political views, about which you know nothing. Stick to the issue at hand dear, even if you can't argue a strong case.

And just for the record, I am a democrat.
Nichole

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 15, 2012
 
"MUST get pregnant by whom YOU say?"

Cookie_Parker... I'm sorry, but that doesn't even make sense.
How does Simon have any say in who one get's pregnant by..? Please... If you can't stick to the topic and make sense, don't even bother posting.
Simon

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 15, 2012
 
I wish we had a "like" button... I'd click it on both your posts :)

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 16, 2012
 
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I don't think that's what Simon was saying at all...
Sure it is. Everytime the issue of abortion comes up, the radical religious right shouts for the fetus and cares not for the woman; even is carrying to fetus could cause her to die.

It is EXACTLY the control over women that Simon was talking about because the woman is the only LIFE in the equation of the pregnancy.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 16, 2012
 
Simon wrote:
I simply state that I believe abortion to be wrong, excepting cases of incest and rape.
Aborting a pregnancy simply because it is "inconvenient" is unethical in my opinion.
Assuming it was consensual, the father should have an equal say in the matter... The child is half his after all.
Quite frankly I was disappointed with your response; half of the text digressed into a rant on my other assumed political views, about which you know nothing. Stick to the issue at hand dear, even if you can't argue a strong case.
And just for the record, I am a democrat.
How about showing us the statistics that show women abort fetuses because it's an "inconvenience" having a pregnancy. Choose your source carefully when trying to prove this very demeaning and evil depiction of a woman making a decision to abort.

The father has no say in the decision. If it were consensual and they were in love an planned on being married, an abortion would not be an option for the woman. But beyond that, men have no say so in the matter of what a woman does with her body, including her reproductive organs.

I am sticking to the issues at hand. Why would I comment on you being gay?

So, where is the biblical text which shows CHRIST was against abortion and gays? That, my dear, is the topic at hand.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 16, 2012
 
Nichole wrote:
"MUST get pregnant by whom YOU say?"
Cookie_Parker... I'm sorry, but that doesn't even make sense.
How does Simon have any say in who one get's pregnant by..? Please... If you can't stick to the topic and make sense, don't even bother posting.
How is the topic about Simon?
It's about the anti-choice crowd who supports the republican push to make sure even if a woman is raped or a victim of incest, the rapist and pedophiles right to have a woman carry out the pregnancy is more important than the woman's right to abort.
Show me in the bible where Christ said it's okay for a rapist or pedophiles (there's a group Anderson churches love) to force the woman to carry that pregnancy of violence.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 16, 2012
 
Simon wrote:
I wish we had a "like" button... I'd click it on both your posts :)
Where is it in the bible, Simon? Show me how an abortion is morally wrong.

BTW, how many times have you been pregnant?
Simon

Shingle Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 16, 2012
 
Jesus Christ woman! I just said that I find it ACCEPTABLE in cases of incest and rape, and OBVIOUSLY if it poses a threat to the mothers life.
I will give an example of what is MORALLY AND ETHICALLY WRONG. I knew a girl who wanted twins, she got pregnant, and upon finding that she only had one fetus, promptly had an abortion and tried again.

And as far as the bible goes, of course there is nothing in there against "abortion", IT DIDN'T EXIST in the same capacity it does now. I feel that in that day and age "thou shalt not kill" covers all ranges of life to anyone with half a conscience. Any woman who purposefully killed her unborn child would have been viewed as barbaric to say the least. We're humans... We don't kill our young.
And for Christ's sake, stop attacking me like I am some right wing liberal simply because I oppose the slaughtering of children. I'm not even a Christian, and yet I maintain that, EXCEPT IN CASES OF INCEST, RAPE, AND/OR A THREAT TO THE MOTHER, the mother should not have the right to kill an innocent child, simply because she is a selfish, self centered bitch like yourself.
Simon

Shingle Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 16, 2012
 
Excuse me, right wing CONSERVATIVE*
Lol

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 16, 2012
 
Simon wrote:
Jesus Christ woman! I just said that I find it ACCEPTABLE in cases of incest and rape, and OBVIOUSLY if it poses a threat to the mothers life.
I will give an example of what is MORALLY AND ETHICALLY WRONG. I knew a girl who wanted twins, she got pregnant, and upon finding that she only had one fetus, promptly had an abortion and tried again.
And as far as the bible goes, of course there is nothing in there against "abortion", IT DIDN'T EXIST in the same capacity it does now. I feel that in that day and age "thou shalt not kill" covers all ranges of life to anyone with half a conscience. Any woman who purposefully killed her unborn child would have been viewed as barbaric to say the least. We're humans... We don't kill our young.
And for Christ's sake, stop attacking me like I am some right wing liberal simply because I oppose the slaughtering of children. I'm not even a Christian, and yet I maintain that, EXCEPT IN CASES OF INCEST, RAPE, AND/OR A THREAT TO THE MOTHER, the mother should not have the right to kill an innocent child, simply because she is a selfish, self centered bitch like yourself.
Bull shyte. There's always been abortion.

Hosea 9:11-16 Hosea prays for God’s intervention.“Ephraim shall bring forth his children to the murderer. Give them, 0 Lord: what wilt thou give? Give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts...Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.” Clearly Hosea desires that the people of Ephraim can no longer have children. God of course obeys by making all their unborn children miscarry. Is not terminating a pregnancy unnaturally “abortion”?

Numbers 5:11-21 The description of a bizarre, brutal and abusive ritual to be performed on a wife SUSPECTED of adultery. This is considered to be an induced abortion to rid a woman of another man’s child.

Numbers 31:17 (Moses)“Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every women that hath known man by lying with him.” In other words: women that might be pregnant, which clearly is abortion for the fetus.

Hosea 13:16 God promises to dash to pieces the infants of Samaria and the “their women with child shall be ripped up”. Once again this god kills the unborn, including their pregnant mothers.

2 Kings 15:16 God allows the pregnant women of Tappuah (aka Tiphsah) to be “ripped open”. And the Christians have the audacity to say god is pro-life. How and the hell is it that Christians can read passages where God allows pregnant women to be murdered, yet still claim abortion is wrong?


----------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_abort...

The practice of abortion, the termination of a pregnancy so that it does not result in birth, dates back to ancient times. Pregnancies were terminated through a number of methods, including the administration of abortifacient herbs, the use of sharpened implements, the application of abdominal pressure, and other techniques.

Abortion laws and their enforcement have fluctuated through various eras. In many western nations during the 20th century various women's rights groups, doctors, and social reformers successfully worked to have abortion bans repealed. While abortion remains legal in most of the West, this legality is regularly challenged by pro-life groups.[2]

----------

Now, where's the biblical quote saying Christ is against abortion and gays? CHRISTIANS know the answers....
Simon

Shingle Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 16, 2012
 
You're a crazy €unt. I'm out.
Simon

Shingle Springs, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

“Conception is the beginning of human life. From the time that an ovum is fertilized a new life begins that is neither that of the father nor of the mother. It is rather the life of a new human being with his own growth. It would never become human if it were not human already.”~ Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Declaration on Procured Abortion, 1974 ~

“It is a poverty that a “child must die”, So that you may live as you wish…– Mother Teresa

“He who denies that human life begins with conception does not need to contend with religion, but science. To deny this certainty of biology is not to express a lack of faith, but a lack of basic knowledge of human genetics, something that is even known by the general public.”~ Ecuadorian Federation of Societies of Gynecology and Obstetrics, April 17, 2008

“Simple morality dictates that unless and until someone can prove the unborn human is not alive, we must give it the benefit of the doubt and assume it is (alive). And, thus, it should be entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”– Ronald Reagan 1982

I feel the greatest destroyer of peace today is “Abortion”, because it is a war against the child… A direct killing of the innocent child,“Murder” by the mother herself… And if we can accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another? How do we persuade a woman not to have an abortion? As always, we must persuade her with love… And we remeind ourselves that love means to be willing to give until it hurts…– Mother Teresa

“The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction is the first and only legitimate object of good government.”~ Thomas Jefferson

“All who are genuinely committed to the advancement of women can and must offer a woman or a girl who is pregnant, frightened, and alone a better alternative than the destruction of her own unborn child”~ Mary Ann Glendon, Fourth World Conference on Women, Beijing, September 5, 1995

“Give us the grace – When the sacredness of life before birth is attacked, to stand up and proclaim that no one ever has the authority to destroy unborn life.”~ Pope John Paul II, from a homily given in 1979

“I dream …of a world where we can commit our social resources to the development of human life and not to its destruction”~ Benazir Bhutto, Cairo population conference, 1994

“Ive noticed that everyone who is for abortion is already born.”– Ronald Reagan

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 16, 2012
 
Simon wrote:
“Conception is the beginning of human life. From the time that an ovum is fertilized a new life begins that is neither that of the father nor of the mother. It is rather the life of a new human being with his own growth. It would never become human if it were not human already.”~ Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, Declaration on Procured Abortion, 1974 ~
“It is a poverty that a “child must die”, So that you may live as you wish…– Mother Teresa
“He who denies that human life begins with conception does not need to contend with religion, but science. To deny this certainty of biology is not to express a lack of faith, but a lack of basic knowledge of human genetics, something that is even known by the general public.”~ Ecuadorian Federation of Societies of Gynecology and Obstetrics, April 17, 2008
“Simple morality dictates that unless and until someone can prove the unborn human is not alive, we must give it the benefit of the doubt and assume it is (alive). And, thus, it should be entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”– Ronald Reagan 1982
I feel the greatest destroyer of peace today is “Abortion”, because it is a war against the child… A direct killing of the innocent child,“Murder” by the mother herself… And if we can accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another? How do we persuade a woman not to have an abortion? As always, we must persuade her with love… And we remeind ourselves that love means to be willing to give until it hurts…– Mother Teresa
“The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction is the first and only legitimate object of good government.”~ Thomas Jefferson
“All who are genuinely committed to the advancement of women can and must offer a woman or a girl who is pregnant, frightened, and alone a better alternative than the destruction of her own unborn child”~ Mary Ann Glendon, Fourth World Conference on Women, Beijing, September 5, 1995
“Give us the grace – When the sacredness of life before birth is attacked, to stand up and proclaim that no one ever has the authority to destroy unborn life.”~ Pope John Paul II, from a homily given in 1979
“I dream …of a world where we can commit our social resources to the development of human life and not to its destruction”~ Benazir Bhutto, Cairo population conference, 1994
“Ive noticed that everyone who is for abortion is already born.”– Ronald Reagan
None of these are Christ. Are you worshiping false gods?

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 16, 2012
 
Simon wrote:
You're a crazy €unt. I'm out.
You're a foul-mouthed born again evangelical who has sided with the republican party and its war on women.
Simon

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 17, 2012
 
How can I be a republican, evangelical, born again when I made it perfectly clear that I am democratic, and not a Christian?

You are mistaken my dear... This is not a war ON women, it is a war against them, specifically those seeking to kill their young for purely selfish motives. I have clearly stated several times that I AM in favor of abortion in cases of incest and rape, that's definitely more giving than most of the actual born again evangelicals out there, is it not? If it wasn't incest or rape, the woman has no one but herself to blame for getting pregnant, and quite frankly should deal with the repercussions in a mature and ethical manner.

It is women like you, cookie, who make me despair of the human race. When did we reach the point where crazed feminists consider it their RIGHT to slaughter children? The name of your campaign itself is all about the woman; pro choice, giving the WOMAN the CHOICE. You can't even call it by its true name, you have to soften the language itself, because deep down you know it is wrong. Pro death, cookie... That is what you are.

As far as my foul mouth goes; it takes a good deal to push me to profanity, and when I do use it, you can be certain it is well deserved.

Since: Sep 08

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 18, 2012
 
Simon wrote:
How can I be a republican, evangelical, born again when I made it perfectly clear that I am democratic, and not a Christian?
You are mistaken my dear... This is not a war ON women, it is a war against them, specifically those seeking to kill their young for purely selfish motives. I have clearly stated several times that I AM in favor of abortion in cases of incest and rape, that's definitely more giving than most of the actual born again evangelicals out there, is it not? If it wasn't incest or rape, the woman has no one but herself to blame for getting pregnant, and quite frankly should deal with the repercussions in a mature and ethical manner.
It is women like you, cookie, who make me despair of the human race. When did we reach the point where crazed feminists consider it their RIGHT to slaughter children? The name of your campaign itself is all about the woman; pro choice, giving the WOMAN the CHOICE. You can't even call it by its true name, you have to soften the language itself, because deep down you know it is wrong. Pro death, cookie... That is what you are.
As far as my foul mouth goes; it takes a good deal to push me to profanity, and when I do use it, you can be certain it is well deserved.
Scream all you want. Every post duplicates the whines of the right about the whore women in this nation and the desire to control how many children they have, how often and by whom. Those judgments come from the born again evangelicals and you are that in spades.

N embryo is not a human. It is a parasite in the woman's body. It is her right to determine when she wants a pregnancy. Nothing more, nothing less.

Funny how you right wingers go on and on about a woman and yet champion the rights of male rapists and pedophiles to violently impregnate women and demand those women carry that pregnancy.

You ARE a member of the war ON women.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of72
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Anderson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Anderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Anderson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Anderson
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••