Sandi Patty leaving Anderson

Dec 10, 2008 Full story: Herald-Bulletin 195

Grammy-award winning gospel singer Sandi Patty will be leaving Anderson to move back to her birthplace: Oklahoma City, Okla.

Full Story
buck

AOL

#144 Apr 13, 2013
no you're wrong, Adam & Eve did not ruin everything as you say. that is your opinion.
if so God would have handed down more severe punishment not
you also have failed to read a lot of scripture I might add
it is not for you to decide who goes to heaven and who does not duh
you are not the judge on that no man is
Preacher

Cicero, IL

#145 Apr 13, 2013
buck wrote:
no you're wrong, Adam & Eve did not ruin everything as you say. that is your opinion.
if so God would have handed down more severe punishment not
you also have failed to read a lot of scripture I might add
it is not for you to decide who goes to heaven and who does not duh
you are not the judge on that no man is
Oh, yes they have ruined everything!!! And in fact, Noah should not have even built the ark at all! Noah really should have just said; "Lord, me and my family are not perfect. We have also failed You just as much as the other evil people of the world have. If we are saved physically, man will simply go right back to his evil ways again. The Ark will never be built. You must send your flood immediately. Man is a total failure, and You will simply need to re-do the entire Creation. As for your judgement on me and my family personally, we all deserve an eternity in Hell."
buck

AOL

#146 Apr 14, 2013
if you really think that's what you deserve from God inspite of the fact that he offers heaven let him know on judgement day lol
btw you forgot that God instructed Noah to build the ark so it really doesn't matter what you think, God is in heaven and does what he pleases. He is GOD!
you think you are better than the Creator God to say Adam & Eve ruined
EVERYTHING? have a talk to your Maker about love (someone else suggested this to another)
you know nothing of a Father's love
Preacher

Cicero, IL

#147 Apr 16, 2013
buck wrote:
if you really think that's what you deserve from God inspite of the fact that he offers heaven let him know on judgement day lol
btw you forgot that God instructed Noah to build the ark so it really doesn't matter what you think, God is in heaven and does what he pleases. He is GOD!
you think you are better than the Creator God to say Adam & Eve ruined
EVERYTHING? have a talk to your Maker about love (someone else suggested this to another)
you know nothing of a Father's love
Nobody is better than God at all. In fact, NOTHING is better than God the Father, the Creator; in fact NOTHING, other than God the Father and Creator Himself, is even better than Jesus! And NOTHING ever will be better than God. Not in Heaven, not in Hell, not on the Earth, and not in the universe.

MAN has proven himself as INEPT and as a FAILURE! God expects EVERYTHING He makes to go absolutely PERFECTLY! And when anything AT ALL does not go perfectly, it pisses Him off!
buck

AOL

#150 Apr 17, 2013
you're a very negative thinking person
the Bible says knowledge would increase
you need to think about the postive ways theses things that have been made help to ease everyday life struggles.
cars so you don't need to walk
electric so you don't have to burn candles they too can start fires duh
and it's so easy just flip a switch
ok digest on these and learn to be more postive it will help.
Preacher

Cicero, IL

#151 Apr 21, 2013
Also, ONCE AGAIN, Nobody will be getting married after our Earthly lives at all! Neither in Heaven nor in Hell! Marriage is OF THE EARTH and is to be CRUCIFIED along with the Earth and the Flesh!
Preacher

Cicero, IL

#152 Apr 21, 2013
buck wrote:
you're a very negative thinking person
the Bible says knowledge would increase
you need to think about the postive ways theses things that have been made help to ease everyday life struggles.
cars so you don't need to walk
electric so you don't have to burn candles they too can start fires duh
and it's so easy just flip a switch
ok digest on these and learn to be more postive it will help.
ALL of that knowledge is WRONG!!! The Bible also says; if ANYONE wants to follow Jesus and receive eternal life, you are to DENY yourself and take up your CROSS daily! Technology has literally allowed man to put WHEELS on his CROSS, therefore making it easier to move it. That is a MAJOR sin! Man is to CARRY his cross, NOT roll it or wheel it! And it is to be carried PROPERLY!!! The PROPER way to carry your cross is to hold it UPRIGHT by it's bottom so that it remains UPRIGHT at ALL times, without a SINGLE part of it EVER touching the ground! The ONLY reason Jesus got to carry His cross like he did is because He was sinless. It was therefore allowed that the ground supported some of His cross's weight. But SINNERS are NEVER, EVER to let ANY part of their cross touch the ground, OR come into contact with ANYTHING that comes into contact with the ground!

Technology also makes us lazy, inducing the DEADLY sin of SLOTH!!! Combine harvesters, tractors, seed sowers, and such make planting and harvesting take as little as a few hours, sprinklers water lawns and farms (how many of you ever saw those Massive long elevated bars on wheels with rows of sprinklers on top?) cars, planes, trains, and buses get us to our destinations, sometimes with minutes to spare. One symptom of sloth is OBESITY! Working less than 6 DAYS a week is a SIN!!! As is working only 8 hours a day! No person is EVER to work less than 120 HOURS a week! And NEITHER is ANYONE to consume more than 2 ounces of food per day! And with all the technology, farms are SO big that they are EASILY capable of feeding people who do not or can not work at all, leading to still MORE sloth, and GLUTTONY! And Genesis 3:19 says; By the sweat of your brow you shall eat your food UNTIL YOU RETURN TO THE GROUND!!! Only DEATH is EVER to stop and/or obstruct your endless labor!
Preacher

Cicero, IL

#153 Apr 21, 2013
buck wrote:
you're a very negative thinking person
the Bible says knowledge would increase
you need to think about the postive ways theses things that have been made help to ease everyday life struggles.
cars so you don't need to walk
electric so you don't have to burn candles they too can start fires duh
and it's so easy just flip a switch
ok digest on these and learn to be more postive it will help.
Additionally, planes, trains, buses, and cars contribute to another, Much More LETHAL sin; MURDER in the HEART!!! Matthew 5:39-41 says; "Whoever strikes you on the right cheek, TURN TO HIM THE OTHER CHEEK ALSO SO HE SHALL STRIKE THAT TOO AND PUT YOUR SOUL BACK INTO BALANCE!!! Whoever sues you for your tunic, HAND OVER your CLOAK, BED, HOUSE, CLOTHES, EVERYTHING!!! And whoever asks you to carry his stuff one mile, CARRY IT NO LESS THAN 50 MILES!!!

And Matthew 5:42-47 is a COMMAND to LOVE YOUR ENEMIES!!! Part of LOVING your enemies is to PRESENT yourself as a DEATH SACRIFICE to your enemies! Only YOUR DEATH is EVER to erase your presence from your enemies' face! And our vehicles and aircraft of today EASILY allow and cause us to leave the lands of our enemies. ANYONE who LEAVES the land of his enemies, especially such as occurs with moving to another city, state, region, etc, AUTOMATICALLY begins living in a Perpetual Nonstop STATE of MURDER in the HEART!!! Just as remarriage after divorce is a perpetual nonstop state of adultery, living outside of, or away from, the land of your enemies is a perpetual, nonstop state of murder (In The Heart)! It is a LITERAL state in which you are continuously MURDERING people (in this case, your enemies) AGAIN and AGAIN repeatedly in your HEART! And all MURDERERS will be cast straight into HELL!!! Leaving your enemies is also a form of complaining and grumbling IN YOUR HEART!!! And if you complain about Earthly tribulation, suffering in the hands of your ENEMIES, demoralization, and everything, God will see how you complain about HELL!!!

Matthew 10:28 says; "Fear not those that kill the flesh, but not the soul. Fear He who has the power to destroy your body AND soul in HELL!" The flesh is but TEMPORAL!!! It is RUINED! It is CORRUPTED BEYOND REPAIR!!! And once again, man has ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT AND NO BUSINESS being on the Earth at all! And by the way, it is also a MAJOR SIN to live in a country or region, such as the United States of America, where persecution and punishment for being a Christian, especially by Government officials, is prohibited!(Luke 6:26)
buck

AOL

#154 Apr 22, 2013
Preacher wrote:
Also, ONCE AGAIN, Nobody will be getting married after our Earthly lives at all! Neither in Heaven nor in Hell! Marriage is OF THE EARTH and is to be CRUCIFIED along with the Earth and the Flesh!
but that is for that time not for the here & now as you want to believe
God does not codemn marriage who is man to condemn it
read the Bible it tells us about people like you that will condemn marriage in times to come
we are in the latter times no doubt as says
the first epistle of Timothy chapter 4:1-4
buck

AOL

#155 Apr 22, 2013
Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL of that knowledge is WRONG!!! The Bible also says; if ANYONE wants to follow Jesus and receive eternal life, you are to DENY yourself and take up your CROSS daily! Technology has literally allowed man to put WHEELS on his CROSS, therefore making it easier to move it. That is a MAJOR sin! Man is to CARRY his cross, NOT roll it or wheel it! And it is to be carried PROPERLY!!! The PROPER way to carry your cross is to hold it UPRIGHT by it's bottom so that it remains UPRIGHT at ALL times, without a SINGLE part of it EVER touching the ground! The ONLY reason Jesus got to carry His cross like he did is because He was sinless. It was therefore allowed that the ground supported some of His cross's weight. But SINNERS are NEVER, EVER to let ANY part of their cross touch the ground, OR come into contact with ANYTHING that comes into contact with the ground!
Technology also makes us lazy, inducing the DEADLY sin of SLOTH!!! Combine harvesters, tractors, seed sowers, and such make planting and harvesting take as little as a few hours, sprinklers water lawns and farms (how many of you ever saw those Massive long elevated bars on wheels with rows of sprinklers on top?) cars, planes, trains, and buses get us to our destinations, sometimes with minutes to spare. One symptom of sloth is OBESITY! Working less than 6 DAYS a week is a SIN!!! As is working only 8 hours a day! No person is EVER to work less than 120 HOURS a week! And NEITHER is ANYONE to consume more than 2 ounces of food per day! And with all the technology, farms are SO big that they are EASILY capable of feeding people who do not or can not work at all, leading to still MORE sloth, and GLUTTONY! And Genesis 3:19 says; By the sweat of your brow you shall eat your food UNTIL YOU RETURN TO THE GROUND!!! Only DEATH is EVER to stop and/or obstruct your endless labor!
I am quoting Bible and that is God's word
you are saying that God is wrong!
get off your negativity sights that is all you see
and why do you insist on quoting Bible and remain so negative in thoughts toward man, man is God's creation. I am thankful to God for all the increase in knowledge and how we can live better.
I wouldn't want to have to scrub my clothes on a washboard by the river etc. I am glad for the invention of washers and dryers. hint
buck

AOL

#156 Apr 22, 2013
if I didn't know any better I'd say you were amish lol
buck

AOL

#157 Apr 22, 2013
I'd say be careful that you're not following doctrines of devils as it says
whoops
get your conscience checked and rechecked
buck

AOL

#158 Apr 22, 2013
oh btw you're straying off topic and I have done the same giving you attention
I'm sure Sandy Patty wants the focus on her on this forum lol
really

Chicago, IL

#159 Apr 29, 2013
The point is, that Sandi and many other Church of God members are being exposed for a faulty foundation. Since 1898 when CoG moved to WV for cheap coal, then to Anderson for free gas, they have been about money. You cannot have money as a foundation, it will fall. Liars and cheats have been exposed for years and stains the church continually. Pigs, lets the pigs wallow.
buck

AOL

#160 Apr 30, 2013
hmm you have a way of putting it in words, really from WI lol
I guess that is why Sandi Patty left Anderson, not a good association.
It got her in hot water not whoops
Numbers 32:23 says and be sure your sin will find you out. uh oh
not only Sandi Patty but other known christians are being exposed like #1 of all Amy Grant, then there is Ray Boltz who came out gay & living the lifestyle.
and why the church is accepting sin into its doorways who can figure.
divorce, remarriage, affairs, gay & lesbian etc. it's overlooked due to the fact the church is supported by their
big $$$. yes a church built on money to hold it together will fall.
whatever happened to faith in God's word?
Preacher

Cicero, IL

#161 May 2, 2013
When God creates something, He expects it to be PERFECT!!! Man is NOT perfect, therefore man has NO RIGHT to EXIST at all! Neither in Heaven nor on Earth! When ANYTHING God makes becomes imperfect, it pisses Him off!
buck

AOL

#162 May 3, 2013
I don't know who this false "preacher" is from IL lol
but God is patient, long suffering etc.
we don't get punished as we ought.
God's mercies are new every morning
if not ain't none of us would exist
no, what God makes, he makes beautiful in his own time. yes humans take a life time to become beautiful lol
things don't happen overnight duh
buck

AOL

#164 May 3, 2013
yes God does care it says so in the Bible duh, you should read it some time.
you're stating your opinion and we all got them.
nothing I stated was untrue and you couldn't come against that could you.
I quoted a verse from the book of Ecclesiastes chapter 3 & other verses also fyi, maybe you didn't follow.
maybe you're the same "preacher" under another name from IL possibly. hmmm
buck

AOL

#167 May 4, 2013
Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You think he cares? You are one lost soul! You better read and study up on Matthew 5:48.
ok one last reply and then I'll call it quits for answering your unlearned and ridiculous comments.
I can't wait to see you before God on Judgement day yeah I want to hear you tell him to his face, that he doesn't care.
I guess you think Jesus died for no cause at all, not to save a single soul. you're the lost soul!
and if you think God doesn't care, why would he not just send you straight to hell without saying one word to you as to why you're going there. duh
you're the one who better read the Bible period
and if you can't comprehend it's simplicity have an adult explain it to you LOL
Paul

Bloomfield, CT

#168 May 13, 2013
Wilson wrote:
Did Don Peslis get involve with Character Development at Anderson University and Character Counts of Madison County before or after his adulterous affair with Sandi Patti ?
How can you have character and trustworthiness when you cheat (adultery) on your married mate ?
Ironic isn't it !
Let them leave, Anderson needs a good moral cleaning.
Sandi Patty although she admitted to her affair with Don before she wound up marrying him she is still living in sin. Adultery is wrong no matter how you look at it. David was wrong for having an affair with Bathsheba and having her husband Uriah murdered. David repented and God forgave him of his sins. It's one thing to sin and ask for forgiveness but its another thing to willfully think that because you repented that it's ok to go on like you never did anything wrong. Sandi's marriage to Don is wrong because they had affairs and cheated on their spouses while they were married to them. There is nothing morally right about that. I just feel that a character of a person has a lot to do with the judgment they us in situations. Sandi and Don both used bad judgment and their character is not that of people that is morally right. I think the churches these days is condoning people's wrongs too much and not calling things for what they are. We all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and there are no perfect Christians but we do learn from our mistakes and is supposed to fear God because he is watching over us and his love is unconditional.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BEWARE-Julia Cox is a bird scammer and dishonest 3 hr BEEN HAD 1
Momentum for Muncie-to-Indy commuter rail (Sep '07) Thu Rosinha 153
Hottie Christina K Nov 18 older guy 2
Heather Stone Face of METH ! Nov 18 heather gets stoned 5
treating our vets bad. Nov 17 vet 1
The girl who thinks she's model material but dy... Nov 12 just a person around 3
guess which town this is Nov 3 reader 1
Anderson Dating
Find my Match

Anderson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Anderson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Anderson

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:04 am PST

NFL 6:04AM
Marvin Lewis: Bengals hit 'rock bottom' in Week 10
NBC Sports 7:25 AM
Marvin Lewis: Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you go to the top
NBC Sports11:16 AM
Colts rule out Dwayne Allen and Gosder Cherilus
NBC Sports12:50 PM
Rob Gronkowski fined $8,268 for bouncer move
NFL 1:30 PM
Colt McCoy 'pushing' Robert Griffin III, Gruden says