Battle for Bend

There are 7 comments on the Red Bluff Daily News story from Feb 5, 2010, titled Battle for Bend. In it, Red Bluff Daily News reports that:

Tehama County Chief Administrator Bill Goodwin explains a proposal by Sen. Barbara Boxer Wednesday night at Bend Elementary.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Red Bluff Daily News.

propertyrights

Sacramento, CA

#1 Feb 5, 2010
How unfortunate that Don Poulson turned the Advisory Council into an Adversary Council, suggesting that certain people appointed to such a council would be "on our side" or not. It's not all about us and them, Don. This bill is a great opportunity for Tehama County to help steer the Management Plan of this area. News Flash...BLM WILL be developing a management plan, with or without such a council. Seems to me the County is better off being in the mix than standing by and hoping it all works out. Mr. Poulson, just once try to lead your blind sheep followers out of the quicksand of "no" and work on playing nice in the sandbox with others.
Do I want huge numbers of people in there, personally, no...but then I don't want the hunters, or the horseback riders in there, either. But to try to stop those people is painfully selfish and it's NOT MY LAND, anymore than it is yours. Let's work together to make it a great place that can be managed well for everyone who wants to use it. After all it is everyone's if they want to use it. Sorry the "I like the area so keep everyone else out" argument is selfish and just doesn't fly.
beefeater

Chico, CA

#2 Feb 5, 2010
It is a shared property, so all uses of it need to be considered!
Robert Red Bluff

United States

#3 Feb 5, 2010
How can anyone object to a beautiful piece of land being managed and protected. Recreational areas all across this great land are being exploited and destroyed by a bunch of unsupervised morons. I wish we could leave well enough alone, but without rules and enforcement someday some idiot is going to start a massive fire or rednecks are going to continue to dump tires and furniture all over the place. Grow up Don Poulson and grow and environmental conscious.
Dan

Hiawatha, IA

#4 Feb 5, 2010
When i was younger me and all my buddys had a wonderful time on that peice of
blm land .
You sure don't need some city republican telling you what to do with it.
Resist these moves or lose it forever.
Im outta here

United States

#5 Feb 6, 2010
the problem is most all politicians are slimy, they will do anything to get money flowing to countys that rig the vote counting machines in their favor, It even happened right here in OUR community
Tom Frantz

United States

#6 Feb 6, 2010
I walk to the BLM from my home every other day and usually pick up several pieces of trash. I cannot imagine the refuse that will be tossed out when the BLM is "advertised."
propertyrights

Sacramento, CA

#7 Mar 3, 2010
I suspect that trash is from the locals, not folks coming into the area for recreation. Just as the speeders are far more likely to be locals, believe me, I get passed illegally on a daily basis by people speeding out of the Wallen roads.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anderson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fear of Islam, immigrants and diversity are lea... Jul 26 Jesus is 11
News Shasta Lake search continues (Aug '06) Jul 14 JMichael Kues 6
News Asphalt Cowboys stage mock bank robbery, reveal... Jul 12 SuperxHuman 2
News Strewn trash along Road 274 near Bass Lake. Jul 12 SuperxHuman 2
News TSA rules seminar to be held in Red Bluff (Jan '11) Jul 9 Leon webb 3
News Man arrested for stabbing girlfriend's father Jul 6 Gary 2
being disconnected Jul 6 Gary 1

Anderson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance