a visit to alaska

Since: Jun 10

#2 Nov 30, 2010
You can find out about the ferry system through the internet as far as prices and places. They probably have information on requirements for weapons also. Just Google Alaska Ferry and you will find that information. I was going to write you personally instead of posting where everyone can see, but I do not think you are registered so...I hope you did not read Into the Wild and a few Kerowack books and thought it would be nice to life off the land in Alaska. Camping in Northern Missouri is a cake walk compared to making it out alive in Alaska, I know I homesteaded here in the 60's and I have been deep backwoods in southern Missouri, and I will take Missouri any day. You did not say when you were coming up, I also hope you come in the summer, it is very hard to survive in the bush in the winter. Bush living is very expensive also, subsistence living is not easy, game is not as prevalent as it used to be, even the fish are tough to figure out. The other essentials are very expensive as they have to be shipped in. Of those places you said Valdez is the smallest and easiest to get away in. But just like the lower 48 most land is spoken for.

Just give it allot of thought, I am not trying to be a smart ass, and hell you could be Johonny fucken Crocket for all I know. I am just saying that allot of people come up here half cocked and go back in a bag. I hope you are not one of them!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25419412 @N03/
[email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anchorage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Winds and high tides damage Alaska beach art in... 8 hr Parden Pard 1
News Black Friday madness missing in rural Alaska co... 21 hr Sneaky Pete 2
Sleeping in Vehicle: Illegal in America (RIP Hu... Wed Chris Deile 28
baby things Wed expecting mom 1
time to start a hot cop discussion Tue erinmccafe 2
Chimps On Ice (YouTube): Hilarious! Rocky Theme Tue Chris Deile 26
REO Speedwagon - (Only A) Summer Love (Live) Nov 22 Chris Deile 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Anchorage Mortgages