Guaranteed To Make You Smile: Gigliola Cinquetti

Posted in the Anchorage Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chris Deile

Ketchum, ID

#1 Aug 10, 2013
This has to be one of the best, if not the best version of Gigliola Cinquetti's "Non Ho L'Eta"; the French song after is super cute too. Her teeth! Funny! Been awhile since my cheeks hurt from smiling so hard:

Gigliola Cinquetti - Non Ho L'Età et Les Yeux Baissés + plateaux

video by Elo Dali
Chris Deile

Ketchum, ID

#2 Aug 10, 2013
This one too (found it yesterday); can't help but smile when viewing it; very beautiful...

Gigliola Cinquetti - Quand La Fête Est Finie (+ entretien et plateaux )

video by Elo Dali
Chris Deile

Ketchum, ID

#3 Aug 10, 2013
I've been viewing Gigliola Cinquetti videos for five years, just found that one (Non Ho L'Eta + Les Yeux Baisses) today and have to say it is my favorite of all, no question. It just went up in July, people haven't caught onto it yet. Only 200+ views so far.
Chris Deile

Ketchum, ID

#4 Aug 12, 2013
Here's another funny one...Gigliola Cinquetti and France Gall had some cute videos when they first started out:

France Gall "Ne Sois Pas Si Bete" (1964)

video by PTVictor

...still unsure what the song means, but her voice is very funny.
Chris Deile

Ketchum, ID

#5 Aug 12, 2013
One more funny one from back then; France Gall's early foray into jazz:

France Gall "Pense a Moi"

video by SALONASUNDAYS
Chris Deile

Ketchum, ID

#6 Aug 12, 2013
This one is better quality:

France Gall - Pense a Moi (1963)(Restauree)

video by Claudus1943
CB Deile

Ketchum, ID

#7 Aug 12, 2013
Recall finding this about five years ago on YouTube:

France Gall - Les Gens Biens Élevés - 1969.avi

video by ravesjin
CB Deile

Ketchum, ID

#8 Aug 12, 2013
This version is really good too:

France Gall - Les gens bien élevés

video by TheMowgli82
CB Deile

Ketchum, ID

#9 Aug 12, 2013
Here's one more I'd happened to find about five years ago--really loved it, viewed it often--but this video left out the introduction which was really enjoyable:

France Gall et Hugues Aufray "A bientôt nous deux" (live)- archive vidéo INA

video by Ina Chansons
CB Deile

Ketchum, ID

#10 Aug 12, 2013
So few views on her "A Bientot Nous Deux" videos. Surprising. Have always loved that one. Couldn't find one with the intro. unfortunately. She was very cute, explaining her father wrote the song (I think that's right, seemed to have read so under one of the videos back then) and that she had a cold when singing the song....
Chris Deile

Ketchum, ID

#11 Aug 13, 2013
Gigliola Cinquetti e Giorgio Gaber - Le strade di notte

video by swing52a
Chris Deile

Ketchum, ID

#12 Aug 13, 2013
Gigliola Cinquetti- Quando passo il ponte con te (1964)

video by swing52a
Chris Deile

Ketchum, ID

#13 Aug 13, 2013
A little out of synch, but have always loved this video...the gap between Gigliola Cinquetti's front teeth was more noticeable in her earlier videos--very cute:

GIGLIOLA CINQUETTI - Caro come te

video by giuser56
Chris Deile

Ketchum, ID

#14 Aug 13, 2013
Another funny one; found it five years ago, was writing then as "Azorka82" and included in a post the recipe for Eskimo ice cream:

France Gall - die Playboys bei den Eskimos

video by blumentopf443
Chris Deile

Ketchum, ID

#15 Aug 13, 2013
Ingredients:

Fish (white fish, pike, or any kind of salmon) 3 to 4 pounds

Crisco/lard

Vegetable oil

Sugar

Berries (blue berries, salmon berries, cranberries, etc.) 1/2 gallon to a gallon
Chris Deile

Ketchum, ID

#16 Aug 13, 2013
And of course this thread wouldn't be complete without Nicole Legendre:

NICOLE LEGENDRE 1963 Loin de toi

video by valetdecoeurs
Chris Deile

Ketchum, ID

#17 Aug 14, 2013
I remembered being taught as a child (growing up in Anchorage) that the Eskimo ice cream was made of seal oil and berries. So did a little more searching and found the following:

The native people of Alaska have a distinct version of ice cream. It's not creamy ice cream as we know it, but a concoction made from reindeer fat or tallow, seal oil, freshly fallen snow or water, fresh berries, and sometimes ground fish. Air is whipped in by hand so that it slowly cools into foam. They call this Arctic treat akutaq (ah-goo-duck), aqutuk, ackutuk, or Eskimo ice cream. Akutaq is a Yupik word that means mix them together.

This is a delicacy that Alaska Natives have thrived on for thousands of years. This recipe was made by Natives a long, long time ago for survival and was used as a special traveling food. When hunters went out to go hunting, they brought along akutaq.

The women traditionally made Eskimo ice cream after the first catch of a polar bear or seal. The woman (grandmother or mother of the hunter) would prepare the akutaq and share it with the community members during special ceremonies.

Akutaq can also be made with moose meat and fat, caribou meat and fat, fish, seal oil, berries and other Alaskan things. Women traditionally made akutaq after the first catch of a polar bear or seal. Traditionally it was always made for funerals, potlatches, celebrations of a boy's first hunt, or almost any other celebration. It is eaten as a dessert, a meal, a snack, or a spread.

Today, Eskimo ice cream is usually made with Crisco shortening instead of tallow and with raisins and sugar sometimes added. The region of Alaska lived in usually determines what berry is used, and each family usually has their favorite recipe for Eskimo ice cream. It is said that your choice of berries used in making Eskimo ice cream is a lifetime decision. It is okay to eat any flavor made by others, but if you are caught making more than one kind, you will lose all social standing.

The people of the Arctic love to serve their favorite dish to cheechakos (newcomers in Alaska). When guests are willing to try their favorite foods, the Inuits feel pride at sharing their culture. At first, the host might be shy to offer any of their food for fear of rejection. If you are a guest and are offered some (you will probably be served first as a guest), at least try a small amount. Please do not express any "yucks" or other words of ridicule. If you really cannot bring yourself to eat this unusual food, accept the serving and find the oldest person in the room and offer the food to him or her. This will show that you have good manners, if not good taste, and that you respect your elders. Then quickly grab a plate and fill it with things that you can eat. Most people who try Eskimo ice cream say it is delicious!
Chris Deile

Jackson, WY

#18 Aug 23, 2013
This is good...when Gigliola Cinquetti sits on the couch, I recognize the guy in the middle--he has a very funny introduction of Katty Line on a video somewhere--it has since disappeared, may come back in time:

Gigliola Cinquetti - Quand La Fête Est Finie & Non Ho L'Età(extrait live)+ plateaux

video by Elo Dali
Chris Deile

Jackson, WY

#19 Aug 23, 2013
lol...Yeah, it was this song (a Nancy Sinantra song--"How Does That Grab You Darling?" Katty Line sings (in French) when he introduced her on a certain video. This video still cracks me up--it's hilarious, with almost 15,000 views now. I had the very first 25 views or so when it was first posted in 2009--couldn't stop watching it!:

Katty Line en TVE

video by copilunio
Chris Deile

Jackson, WY

#20 Aug 23, 2013
This one has been a favorite for a long time....it is so simple and Katty Line pronounces the words so carefully--love the album cover:

Katty Line Vent'anni 1970

video by cuculo48due

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anchorage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drivetrain thumping Fri Riparian 2
Call 1~855~205~0915 for Best Spyware, Adware or... Fri TechSupport 1
1~855~205~0915 mcafee support number Fri TechSupport 1
1^855^205^0915 Norton Account Customer Service ... Fri kanilkarry 1
1~855~205~0915 mcafee support number Nov 20 TechSupport 1
1^855^205^0915 Norton Antivirus 360 Uninstaller... Nov 19 JillianMichaels 1
1^855^205^0915 Norton Account Customer Service ... Nov 19 JillianMichaels 1
Anchorage Dating
Find my Match

Anchorage People Search