Bear Attack Letter Removed From Google

Bear Attack Letter Removed From Google

Posted in the Anchorage Forum

Chris Deile

Lincoln, NE

#1 Oct 19, 2013
My letter published in the Portland Herald Press regarding Matt Dyer, the Sierra Club hiker attacked by a polar bear in Eastern Canada when an electric fence failed to stop the bear, no longer appears in a Google search of my name.

I knew that would happen as part of the manipulation and suppression of information regarding the issue of pepper spray (bear spray) not being enough to stop a charging bear (that letter appears on this forum under another thread).

However, Dyers letter published in response to my letter remains on a Google search of my name, wherein he concludes by using ad hominem (in implying a pro-firearm position is motivated by fear). The Portland Herald Press of course did not publish my response to Dyer pointing out that when U.S. wildlife officials respond to bear attacks with firearms and not bear spray, their decision is not motivated by fear (yet they continue to advise the public to rely on bear spray).

When I spoke before the Idaho Falls city council regarding the issue, they had the mic turned off, and the "live streaming" (online video broadcast of the meeting) was edited so that my comments were not broadcast (it began broadcasting with my comments that came after the bear spray issue.

The Jackson Daily Planet Hole writer Jarod Nichols wrote a smear piece about my speaking on the issue before the Jackson, Wyoming city council days. His column appeared in the free weekly paper appearing a few days after the council meeting. He made me look very foolish, taking things terribnly out of context and making me look off-topic and irrational. However, like at the Idaho Falls meeting (a few weeks after the Jackson meeting), I simply read from my letter--which is directly on-topic--as I'd done at the Jackson meeting.
Chris Deile

Lincoln, NE

#2 Oct 19, 2013
The Idaho Falls city council minutes include my Portland Herald Press letter in full. That shows up if you look specifically for it online by going through the Idaho Falls city website (minutes of 9/12/2013 and 9/26/2013 contain descriptions of my comments).

One other thing, and this may not seem important but it is, those minutes refer to my comments regarding Alcoholics Anonymous and absolutism this way:

"...the absolutism is not a method to have a greater relationship with God."

But what I said was the absolutism, when used in a guilt inducing manner (as it is in Alcoholics Anonymous specifically in 'How It Works'), is not conducive to a good relationship with God."
Chris Deile

Lincoln, NE

#3 Oct 19, 2013
Conducive: "making a certain situation or outcome likely or possible"

Method: "a means or manner of procedure, especially a regular and systematic way of accomplishing something"

The term method when used in the minutes context implies I spoke in agreement with there being a, or some, systematized manner of having a good relationship with God. But my entire writings criticizing AA are due in large part to its, to use a William James description, "spirit of corporate dominion" (i.e., AA World Services, Inc.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anchorage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Donald Trump campaign unveils Alaska supporters... 14 min Hillary Sucks Vomit 4
Living in Vehicle/Neuro-Psychiatric Lyme Disease 4 hr Chris Deile 10
News Long, curved, akimbo: Hope uncovered for bird b... 18 hr Rainbow Kid 1
Bellingham Sheraton Hotel Harasses Homeless Wed Chris Deile 22
Francoise Dorleac & Catherine Deneuve Wed Chris Deile 7
Romancing the Grizzly into the Cascades Wed Chris Deile 35
News Defendant Xeuy Sikeo found guilty of sexual abu... (Feb '09) Tue Visai 3

Anchorage Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Anchorage Mortgages