Alaska's dog whisperer - KTVA

Alaska's dog whisperer - KTVA

There are 29 comments on the KTVA Anchorage story from May 20, 2008, titled Alaska's dog whisperer - KTVA. In it, KTVA Anchorage reports that:

You've probably heard the wildly popular show called the Dog Whisperer but did you know that Alaska has its own dog whisperer? That's right.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVA Anchorage.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CONCERNED CITIZEN

Anchorage, AK

#22 May 17, 2012
American Soldier wrote:
It is now mid September and we are still waiting for our refund!!
She's a mobile dog trainer so good luck tracking her down!
CONCERNED CITIZEN

Anchorage, AK

#23 May 17, 2012
FYI wrote:
she sounds nice on the Eddie Burke show
Don't be stupid.
CONCERNED CITIZEN

Anchorage, AK

#24 May 17, 2012
Oh really wrote:
I've had animals all my life,(between sled dogs and pet dogs, over 35) and my last job taking care of animals and dogs exposed me to the downside of pet owners who don't know what they are doing.
First of all If you are a soldier you DON'T need a dog, you're going to be deployed and your other is probably going to be taking care of the kids Alone. Where does that leave the dog? Kenneled for hours? Not a good thing for the poor animal.
Second, IF you need a dog trainer, then You clearly don't know how to handle the animal yourself and should have gotten something you COULD handle.
Know your limitations. Do NOT take your anger out on someone else because of your incompetence.

IMO those who complain, just threw money at the problem thinking that will fix it, they really don’t know how to take care of it and the animal themselves, and shouldn’t even be breeding, let alone be allowed to have animals.
Apparently "Robin" is doing alright, 5 complaints in 20 years? THINK before you Judge. It makes you look foolish.
Only five complaints in 20 years, I seriously doubt that claim. More like five a week. You must be a family member. Don't confuse family loyalty with a stellar service, she clearly can not deliver what she claims. While i do not doubt, that every once in a while she may meet expectations of a customer with low expectations (even a blind squirrel can find a nut). With all of the bad reviews of services received by her on this blog, she misses the mark 90% of the time or greater. Think before you make a post defending cluesless wonder of a dog trainer, it makes you look like a homer, gomer.
Telling It Like It Is

Wilmington, OH

#26 Jun 9, 2013
As paranoid, crazy, dishonest, and unprofessional as they come. Totally bogus and has been seen out in the community slapping her dogs in the van and screaming at them like a mad woman. A very unstable person who has no business marketing herself as a "trainer", much less a "dog whisperer". She is all over the internet defending every criticism and will likely rant against this one. DO NOT TAKE YOUR DOGS TO HER FOR ANY REASON, TRAINING OR DOG DAY CARE. The only dog related business this woman ought to consider would be poop pick up where she cannot do harm to any person or dog. Dogs are not safe in this woman's house or car. Spread the word throughout the dog community to avoid her at all costs.
Telling It Like It Is

Wilmington, OH

#27 Jun 9, 2013
I am an animal behaviorist and professional dog trainer in my city. I was consulted by a family member after she was told by Robin that she "trains" her client's dogs by "switching them". The family member wanted to know if this was considered in any way an appropriate training technique, which she felt it was not, but wanted to give the "benefit of the doubt" to her relative. I am here to say that it is NOT appropriate to ever hit a dog to train or modify their behavior. I then, being very concerned, went on to read reviews of this "mobile dog trainer" online and found reports of her slapping dogs, letting dogs run off of her property, and a myriad of complaints against her business with her rants usually following denying everything. At this point I am convinced that this person has no business handling dogs and calling herself a "trainer", so I wanted to post this here to warn off other potential clients. I will be reporting this to Animal Control and the local ASPCA as well.
Peaceful dog owner

Anchorage, AK

#28 Jun 9, 2014
Oh my goodness... all this anger and aggression. Not everyone can agree on everything, but publicly harassing and verbally abusing someone publicly is shameful! Forget about dog training...... your mothers should have trained most of you better! How can you expect to fix aggresion in you're dogs if you can't lead by example? You know, dogs take their que from the pack leader.
KWK9s

Anchorage, AK

#29 Jul 21, 2014
Well, these contentious posts are not recent. But I've got good news for most of you: There's a new show in town!
We won't be offering "free" service, via email, to clients who pay in advance for 4 sessions.
We won't be canceling at the last minute or no-showing and lying to make up excuses.
We won't have 7 dogs in our pack.
We will provide services that are even better and more surprising that what's on TV.
We will be teaching the difference between playing and fighting, and how to meet new dogs. From what she wrote above, this strange woman betrays her lack of knowledge about fights, and aggression in general.
We will enhance your loving relationship with your K9.
We will treat our clients with respect, whether they have to leave their dogs sometimes, live in a trailer park or a big fancy home, regardless of their lifestyle or knowledge level, because we know our clients are dog lovers, and that's what matters.
Happy Trails, All!
American soldier

Murfreesboro, TN

#30 Oct 15, 2014
Up Date on GSD, I have now moved 2 more time, each time the dog + an adopted dog brother + 3 cats + children have all moved with us. NOT all soldiers treat there pet like property and discard them because they are moving. I know many people who move who are not in the military and re-home their pets because it is easier to move without them. Many soldier rely on their pet to bring back some part of normal to their life. What about the soldier who spend $1,000+ so their pets can go over sea with them. I also have had years of experience working with dogs and reached out for additional help with my pet because I wanted him to have the best life he could have. I hope the money I payed you in advance you were able to buy yourself some good medication because you are a basket case. Do NOT treat those who fight for your freedom like Shit.
Oh really wrote:
I've had animals all my life,(between sled dogs and pet dogs, over 35) and my last job taking care of animals and dogs exposed me to the downside of pet owners who don't know what they are doing.
First of all If you are a soldier you DON'T need a dog, you're going to be deployed and your other is probably going to be taking care of the kids Alone. Where does that leave the dog? Kenneled for hours? Not a good thing for the poor animal.
Second, IF you need a dog trainer, then You clearly don't know how to handle the animal yourself and should have gotten something you COULD handle.
Know your limitations. Do NOT take your anger out on someone else because of your incompetence.
IMO those who complain, just threw money at the problem thinking that will fix it, they really don’t know how to take care of it and the animal themselves, and shouldn’t even be breeding, let alone be allowed to have animals.
Apparently "Robin" is doing alright, 5 complaints in 20 years? THINK before you Judge. It makes you look foolish.
JayB

Salt Lake City, UT

#32 Apr 18, 2015
According to her Facebook page, Robin wants to euthanize her cat for peeing out of the Litter box. Rather then address the behavior (which is what any reputable, compassionate animal behaviorist/trainer would do) she wants her to "get the needle." She didn't offer her cat an opportunity to be rehomed through a rescue or shelter, just condemned him to death.
She has no business working with animals and needs to find a new profession. Disgusting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anchorage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MicheleTorr and Her Animaux 18 hr Chris Deile 5
News Weird 41 mins ago 8:06 p.m.Plane diverts to Sea... Jun 22 Christsharians on... 3
Milu Canta: "Alfama nao envelhece"; Portugese s... Jun 21 Chris Deile 29
does anchorage have any ghettos (Mar '09) Jun 21 C Dubb 14
Last Post Wins!!! (Apr '11) Jun 19 _FLATLINE-------- 2,497
Pat Smith deceives public getting her husband (... Jun 18 concerned 1
Brian Weslow and Kacey Adams Jun 18 concerned 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Anchorage Mortgages