Boise, ID

#1 Apr 22, 2014
Really love this one:

Renata Mauro Portami Tante Rose Bixsio Galdieri 1961
video by Aniello Salatiello

--and now just found another version of the same song from 1934:

Ada Neri - Portami tante rose (contest).wmv

video by melodieantiche

--both are excellent recordings; the latter has the lyrics included. Since I don't know Italian, will translate them online.
Chris Deile

Boise, ID

#2 Apr 22, 2014
The lyrics did not translate very clearly online, but love that song.
Chris Deile

Boise, ID

#3 Apr 22, 2014
I really like Renata Mauro; she only has a page or two on YouTube though. View her "Stu Poco e Bene" regularly. Here's another with a similar sound to Portami tante rose (which, btw, is also done well by Miranda Martino--Portami tante rose that is):

Renata Mauro I Desideri mi fanno paura Prous Calabrese 1961
Chris Deile

Boise, ID

#4 Apr 22, 2014
Miranda Martino - Portami tante rose
video by maggio1972
Bruce Deile

Boise, ID

#5 Apr 23, 2014
Cool song:

Miranda Martino - Cha Cha Cha Cù Maria Rosa (De Paolis)(1958)
CB Deile

Boise, ID

#6 Apr 23, 2014
Another great version; wonderful comments below the video:

portami tante rose : Lydia Johnson
video by allegroconmoto
CB Deile

Boise, ID

#7 Apr 23, 2014
This heartfelt comment in particular:

singdesertgirl
3 years ago

I am amazed to have found this video..as it is my Grandmother Lydia Johnson. She was a singing and movie star in the 1930's and 1940's in Italy. My 81 year old mother hadn't heard her voice in 60 years and was in tears.. We are so blessed to have found this recording and want to thank the ones who posted it. Lydia Johnson was born in Russia and was a Prima Ballerina in her younger years until she broke her toe. She then moved on to Italy and had an even greater career as a singer and actress.
CB Deile

Boise, ID

#8 Apr 23, 2014
Under one of Lydia Johnson's other videos (there only appears to be three or four on YouTube); translated it online, could understand much of it, but overall it came out pretty rough--leaving it as it is under the video:

BIOGRAFIA (da Wikipedia):
Lydia Johnson, il cui nome da nubile era Lydia Abramovic (Rostov Velikij, 6 gennaio 1896 -- Napoli, 3 aprile 1969),è stata una danzatrice, cantante, attrice teatrale e cinematografica russa.
Cresciuta in Russia, a dieci anni studia col balletto di Mosca per poi abbandonare la danza classica dandosi all'intrattenimento ballettistico da vaudeville. Nel corso della sua carriera si sposerà col ballerino inglese Albert Johnson del quale manterrà il cognome. La loro figlia, Elena, preso il nome d'arte di Lucy D'Albert, diverrà poi una sciantosa, esibendosi nei teatri di tutta Italia. La Johnson patì le conseguenze della rivoluzione d'ottobre, spostandosi con la famiglia da Mosca a Kiev, poi a Odessa (dove conobbe il futuro compagno Kostantin Asperov), Baku, Istanbul e infine la Francia e l'Italia, esattamente Napoli, nonostante le tournée la portassero in tutta Italia e anche negli Stati Uniti d'America. Negli anni venti si improvvisò fantasista jazz scritturando tra le più promettenti jazz band del momento e portandole in tournée in tutti i teatri: il suo contributo alla diffusione del genere in Italia fu preminente. Nel 1924 lancia la canzone di Dino Rulli, Scettico blues, che avrà un grosso successo anche all'estero. Nel 1929 fondò una sua compagnia teatrale con la quale diede spettacolo anche in Egitto: in Italia proseguì nel varietà, nella rivista e si cimentò, come del resto aveva già fatto a Odessa, nel cinema con pellicole come Le due madri e L'allegro fantasma di Amleto Palermi al fianco di attori come Vittorio De Sica e Totò. La sua carriera proseguì bene o male ininterrottamente fino alla sua morte, nel 1969.
CB Deile

Boise, ID

#9 Apr 23, 2014
One more...this is pretty funny:

Miranda Martino - La Mazurca Della Nonna (Italia)
video by Musicas del Mundo de Gato Nando
CB Deile

Boise, ID

#10 Apr 23, 2014
Yeah, those two songs (above) crack me up--just found them today and have listened several times; very enjoyable:

Miranda Martino - Cha Cha Cha Cù Maria Rosa (De Paolis)(1958)

Miranda Martino - La Mazurca Della Nonna (Italia)

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#11 Apr 23, 2014
Wake me up when you've got something interesting to say.
CB Deile

Boise, ID

#12 Apr 23, 2014
Just as I began writing on computer, "sneaky pete's" comments appear. So that quite likely means the stalking is local, as in library staff, perhaps tucked away in an office cubicle somewhere. That's how it's been in other public libraries, particularly WWU and Truckee, CA. Library staff overseeing my computer use and unable to resist starting trouble.

At one of the libraries, the staff hacked my e-mail and corresponded with a friend of mine in Tangier, Morocco ( a friend of my older brothers actually--I happened to meet him when I backpacked around Europe in 1984; was given his family's address and I went there from Spain).

I caught on right away as they were using my middle name when sending Rashid e-mail messages from my account, but Rashid only knew me by my first name--Chris.

Etc.

No matter who it is, it's anonymous trolling. So I won't engage in belligerence; I avoid most chat forums for that very reason. Have rarely ever seen productive conversations on chat forums anywhere--most often they are tyrannized by unhappy, anonymous people desiring to spread misery to others.
CB Deile

Boise, ID

#13 Apr 23, 2014
However, just realized the "Nobody cares" is one of the stalkers oft-used taunts over the past 5-7 years I've been online. So the "sneaky pete" could simply be another alias, and if using reverse psychology (having viewed their profile just now) the stalker is liberal minded (instead of a conservative poseur), perhaps a woman. And because I don't have any women in my past that would post so hatefully (other than Greta from UNCA--angry at my writings about the harmfulness of marijuana because she smokes it regularly, etc.), this could be a family member.

One taunting my isolation; and I know of one family member who used the same exact method of isolating an individual years ago with lies against them due to that person's moral beliefs. And malicious gossip/libel/ slander has been used against me in precisely the same manner. So I think I know who it is. Coincidentally, both that family member and Greta like Nietzche; expressing hatred would be consistent with their philosophical beliefs.
CB Deile

Boise, ID

#14 Apr 23, 2014
Ooops...Nietzsche (not "Nietzche"--forgot the "s").

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anchorage Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WOW!!!! Maya Casabianca Adieu mon pays 17 hr Chris Deile 30
News Weidner Properties may owe you money - KTVA (May '08) Nov 30 Boy 38
what is a ghetto in alaska Nov 23 ghetto girl 1
Facebook [email protected] Nov 22 isaacpang 3
Grizzly Bear Mauls Man in Montana Nov 21 Chris Deile 2
Corporate Media Hoodwink Nov 19 Chris Deile 23
Buy Real and Fake DocumentsNOW Nov 17 Paul 1

Anchorage Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance