Brian - San Diego

Vashon, WA

#126 Apr 12, 2012
DO NOT buy these windows!
Jose Garcia

United States

#127 Apr 24, 2012
We bought a home in 2009 that was bulit in 2005 really nice house. The problem we noticed was that the seal between the glass was coming apart from 4 windows. Then the two windows in the first floor broke while we were opening them up. Their is an aluminum bar that is placed on both the right side and left side of the frame on the inside. Well that came apart and now we can't open up 3 windows because of this. We have noticed an increasing amount of dust in our house. Well come to find out that the windows are allowing alot of the dust to come thru ! I have already contacted the homebuilder and Atrium windows about this via email because I could not get Atrium windows number. If anyone has the number to Atrium windows I sure would appreciate it if you would post it. Very bad windows that I would not recomend to anyone outthere.
UPSET IN NJ

Neptune, NJ

#128 Apr 25, 2012
Jeff wrote:
I had never heard of Atrium vinyl windows but got a window estimate today for Atrium Dynasty vinyl windows from a window salesman and am trying to find out more about Atrium and their windows. Anyone have Atrium vinyl windows installed in their home? Are Atrium windows considered a good replacement window?
I am sick. I paid almost $10,000 for 14 replacement windows including a slider and they all sweat. On some early mornings, you cannot see outside the sweat/condensation is so bad. Bought them through Lowes. they say the warranty does not cover condensation problems. DON'T BUY ATRIUM AND DON'T BUY WINDOWS THROUGH LOWES!!!!
Adam

Castle Rock, CO

#129 May 14, 2012
I just noticed today while driving thru a newer subdivision that DR Horton and a million dollar local custom builder use the same line of Atrium Windows; unbelievable that a crap builder and a supposed good builder use the same bogus windows.
J Carpenter

Columbus, GA

#130 May 18, 2012
Brian - San Diego wrote:
DO NOT buy these windows!
I have 3 plus decades installing windows. I truly sympathize with some of the complaints listed, however most window problems arise from installers taking shortcuts. Before you buy windows read an excellent article “7 things you should know before buying windows”
Here is the link http://mrplanners.com/window-helps.html
J Carpenter

Columbus, GA

#131 May 18, 2012
I have 3 plus decades installing windows. I truly sympathize with some of the complaints listed, however most window problems arise from installers taking shortcuts. Before you buy windows read an excellent article “7 things you should know before buying windows”
Here is the link http://mrplanners.com/window-helps.html
Ron

Newton, IA

#133 Jun 24, 2012
UPSET IN NJ wrote:
<quoted text>I am sick. I paid almost $10,000 for 14 replacement windows including a slider and they all sweat. On some early mornings, you cannot see outside the sweat/condensation is so bad. Bought them through Lowes. they say the warranty does not cover condensation problems. DON'T BUY ATRIUM AND DON'T BUY WINDOWS THROUGH LOWES!!!!
Condensation is a big problem with everyone's windows unless your house leaks air like mad. If you didn't have a condensation problem before installing these windows it's most likely cause your other windows leaked so bad. The tighter your house is the worst it is. You must keep your humidity down and there is a chart for that on Pellas website. The colder it is the lower your humidity must be and there are all kinds of things that can cause your humidity to rise....lots of people in your house, cooking and etc. If Atrium and others went out to everyone's house that called about this problem they'd all be broke! Atrium makes a very good window, especially their replacement windows which can have a lifetime warranty. How I know...I work for Lowe's so I here complaints when they happen and don't get them about their windows.
Tracy Shing

San Diego, CA

#134 Jul 6, 2012
BAD BAD BAD!
Last year we bought a house with atrium windows, they had been installed 3 years prior to us moving in. Three were broken and now 4 more are broken... Awful product! I will be saving my pennies to get rid of these ASAP! The locking mechanisms are cheap and break easily, and the inner rods that hold the windows up are broken as well. I've had to resort to wooden dowels to both prop them open for air and lock them down at night. Ridiculous!!
window dummy

Oswego, IL

#135 Jul 13, 2012
Well I got roped in also just put 15 atrium windows in and right off the get go one of the windows wont stay up just my luck.Two weeks before a rep can get there again just my luck
Rep tried to talk me thru some things to check and my windows isn't made like he said. Mine are the 450 series I expect more for my hard earned money .
Paul in Mississippi

Saucier, MS

#136 Jul 22, 2012
I have Atrium windows in my new home finished 2-2012. They are dripping rust from the gang of two windows and now from another place. I still have a bulider warranty. Not happy so far and I will have to do more research.
Kristin in CA

Corona, CA

#137 Aug 14, 2012
I'm sad to read so many poor reviews on Atrium windows. A few years ago we had a company sell us replacement windows from Atrium - we only did the front (south facing) side of our house because we couldn't afford to do it all at once and the front gets all the brutal sun.

I can't recall how many years ago we had them installed - I would say 4-5? We noticed an immediate difference from the old windows as far as the temp in the house. The dual pane and argon gas made a big difference. They still do the trick to block radiant heat - I can touch them and they are cool when our windows in back are definitely warm to the touch.

The plastic latches on our windows have held up well - but I wouldn't be surprised to hear they broke for others considering they ARE plastic.

Early on we had one pane crack - the dealer we purchased from was out of business so I called Atrium directly. They sent someone out to measure within a couple days and then it took a couple weeks I think to get the replacement pane and have it installed. I was pretty impressed with how each pane is separate and they could just slide that pane out and pop in the new one. I can't complain about the service I received. Sad to hear others haven't had the same experience.

We are now thinking of replacing MORE windows - and planned on going with Atrium again (figuring it was better to keep all the windows the same, and we like the ones we have)... but reading others bad reviews makes me wonder - Did we get freakishly lucky? Did we just have good installers when others didn't? Are some of these bad reviews just bogus? I just don't know...
Barbara

United States

#138 Aug 23, 2012
Atrium consumer wrote:
Atrium vinyl windows are one of the best vinyl windows on the market today. No window will work and any window can have problems if not properly installed by someone who knows what they are doing. Atrium stands behind their products and makes a product that any homeowner can be proud to own. The above testimonials, if you want to call them that, are false. Atrium does a great job and all I can say if the homeowners who are making such complaints must have used the wrong dealers. For now, let the record be said, Atrium Window and Door products are some of the best in the industry today. I am proof. Thanks Atrium
Sam Rogers/Phoenix, AZ
Dear Sam,
Obviously you work for them. Their window are the worst I have ever seen! Limited warranty basically means consumer you are screwed! Anyone reading these posts knows you are a rep not a consumer. Atrium does not stand behind their windows! In fact I just got hung up on when I asked about the warranty! Original home owner is the builder! Making anyone who purchases not covered!
Barbara

United States

#139 Aug 23, 2012
Kristin in CA wrote:
I'm sad to read so many poor reviews on Atrium windows. A few years ago we had a company sell us replacement windows from Atrium - we only did the front (south facing) side of our house because we couldn't afford to do it all at once and the front gets all the brutal sun.
I can't recall how many years ago we had them installed - I would say 4-5? We noticed an immediate difference from the old windows as far as the temp in the house. The dual pane and argon gas made a big difference. They still do the trick to block radiant heat - I can touch them and they are cool when our windows in back are definitely warm to the touch.
The plastic latches on our windows have held up well - but I wouldn't be surprised to hear they broke for others considering they ARE plastic.
Early on we had one pane crack - the dealer we purchased from was out of business so I called Atrium directly. They sent someone out to measure within a couple days and then it took a couple weeks I think to get the replacement pane and have it installed. I was pretty impressed with how each pane is separate and they could just slide that pane out and pop in the new one. I can't complain about the service I received. Sad to hear others haven't had the same experience.
We are now thinking of replacing MORE windows - and planned on going with Atrium again (figuring it was better to keep all the windows the same, and we like the ones we have)... but reading others bad reviews makes me wonder - Did we get freakishly lucky? Did we just have good installers when others didn't? Are some of these bad reviews just bogus? I just don't know...
You might want to know they are in bankruptcy due to all of the warranty claims against them. I have 5 crappy atrium windows in my home- never again!!
Ken

Rancho Cordova, CA

#140 Aug 27, 2012
Atrium windows came installed by the builder in the new home I purchased in 2004. I have owned 6 homes in the last 17 years, Atrium windows are terrible, the worst I have ever seen. The comments regarding the performance of Atrium windows describes exactly what I am seeing happen with the windows in my home. I would not recommend the use of Atrium windows, they are terrible.
Bill

Fairfield, CA

#141 Sep 24, 2012
I have an Atrium door that needs service, but has yet to be determined the exact problem. Atrium is sending a service tech. Once they identify the fault and make the repairs I'll post my feedback here. Stay tuned
OJ Higgins

West Monroe, LA

#142 Jan 20, 2013
Jeff wrote:
I had never heard of Atrium vinyl windows but got a window estimate today for Atrium Dynasty vinyl windows from a window salesman and am trying to find out more about Atrium and their windows. Anyone have Atrium vinyl windows installed in their home? Are Atrium windows considered a good replacement window?
OMG do not under any circumstances buy these windows. If you want to see the pics of my house email me (misslakelady@att.net)and I will be glad to show you how awful they are. I have the double pane and they are so full of moisture, fog and mildew it is ridiculous. Some are so bad you cannot even see through them.
OJ Higgins

West Monroe, LA

#143 Jan 20, 2013
Jose Garcia wrote:
We bought a home in 2009 that was bulit in 2005 really nice house. The problem we noticed was that the seal between the glass was coming apart from 4 windows. Then the two windows in the first floor broke while we were opening them up. Their is an aluminum bar that is placed on both the right side and left side of the frame on the inside. Well that came apart and now we can't open up 3 windows because of this. We have noticed an increasing amount of dust in our house. Well come to find out that the windows are allowing alot of the dust to come thru ! I have already contacted the homebuilder and Atrium windows about this via email because I could not get Atrium windows number. If anyone has the number to Atrium windows I sure would appreciate it if you would post it. Very bad windows that I would not recomend to anyone outthe
Here is the email of who I am dealing with on the windows in my home. They are horrible. They have so much moisture, mildew and fog in them you can't even see through them. Good Luck. Curt.Davis@atrium.com
Here is the email of who I am dealing with on the windows in my home. They are horrible. They have so much moisture, mildew and fog in them you can't even see through them. Good Luck. Curt.Davis@atrium.com
Minnesota About To

Isanti, MN

#144 Jan 25, 2013
I am about to install 12 Atrium Vinyl Windows to replace my old doublehung windows. I have the windows sitting in my garage and I'm just waiting until the temp reaches maybe around the 30's before I install them. I did a lot of research before I purchased them and before I got to this site, no one, from customers to professional installers, had anything bad to say about Atriums. I'm sure there are going to be a random amount of factory mistakes as well as installer error and as you can see by post #100, the company is willing and ready to address any problems. I also know someone who owns a vinyl extrusion company here in Minnesota and therefore is familiar with just about every vinyl window in the country. He said Atriums, from Texas, are quality windows. To all the (apparantly Californian) complainers on here, I bet you wouldn't know how to return a Dr. Pepper if you ordered a Mellow Yellow. You don't trash a company's name without the least bit of self-reflection. I mean, does Atrium have anything to do with how responsive Lowe's is? Atrium's windows reflecting sunlight to a degree that catches trees on fire? All I have to say is that out of the very few products this country actually manufactures within the country, for all of you to be on here crying about your poor self induced luck is not very promising. The country is going to hell in a handbasket cause we trash our own products without thought. Can't say the Pledge of Allegiance in school but until '08, we could buy a house with 60 Atriums with no stated assets or income. I'm scared. I can't wait to install my windows. They seem excellent and I have not the slightest doubt that the local outfitter or Atrium will be working hand in hand with me should something go wrong with one of the windows. Some of the people on here should be forced to into re-education camps to fix their soft brains. Before you go complaining about a brand you have no clue about because you''ve somehow done as little research as possible on a highly researched and referenced subject such as windows, and trash a company's name while sitting on your large rear in the comfort of your air conditioned lives, just ask yourself if you would even have survived colonial America. What happen to out country:(
By the way, I've never installed windows before and no matter the amount of youtube or other videos I watch, I can't figure out what the long v shaped strip is with the two j channels that each window came with. Is that for siding? Or the sill? If anyone has any comments or ideas that would help me get a quality installation achieved, I would definitely appreciate it. I can be reached at smittyjo877@gmail.com (please copy and paste that email address so the numbers and letters stay true). Thanks and God Bless those of us who strive for a better America.
sgoodwin

East Haven, CT

#145 Jan 31, 2013
I am very unhappy with my Atrium windows. In fact, I wish I had never replaced my old and beautiful wooden windows ( even though they were 30 plus years old with storms, I was warm in the winter and cool in the summer.). I primarily bought new ones for the convenience of cleaning, etc. I hardly open any windows as I have central air and obviously I don't keep them open in the winter.( New England weather ) As I sit her typing this, my nose, hands, and feet are cold. I also have a comforter on my lap to keep warm.I was told that the installer was the problem, so I paid almost $1300 to have the windows properly sealed with insulation, etc. Still sit here cold. I am a retired teacher, so this kind of expense ( the windows and the fixing up )is very difficult. My next resort is to try to get the company to stand by their product, but from the previous comments, I'm not feeling too optimistic. Wish me luck. Also, why do some companies take advantage of people?
Dwight

Mooresville, NC

#146 Mar 2, 2013
I have been selling and installing atrium windows for seven years .I have never had a customer be unhappy with these windows. If they are ordered and installed correctly. I have never had a issue that was not covered under warranty(and they were very few minor issues)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anaheim Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 min anonymous 27,441
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr basic 200,980
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 2 hr Davis 4,992
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 5 hr surfboards 7,957
Helping the homeless people at La Palma Park (Sep '12) 14 hr Tony 115
Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 21 hr theos 2,276
Club hopping: The Crazy Horse (Jul '08) Sun curious 80
•••

Anaheim News Video

•••
•••

Anaheim Jobs

•••
•••