Review: Atrium Windows
sug

San Diego, CA

#84 Feb 1, 2011
Emily B wrote:
My husband and I purchased 10 Atrium construction windows. The problems started within 3 weeks of install. We purchased them thru Lowe's and paid A LOT of money to have their contractor install them. I called the store 3 times before anyone even gave me a chance to explain. The salesman was horrible, he didn't care because he had already got his part of the sale. Finally, I got a lady that was going to "help" me. I have had a contractor for Atrium to my house that said the windows were not properly installed then submitted the report to Atrium stating that it was an install problem. My windows collect LOTs of condensation and now have MOLD all around them. I constantly have to wipe the windows. That's not all, I can watch my mini blinds blow with the wind!!! So now, we are 4 months into the complaint and still have NO resolution. Lowe's has come to my house and now tells me we have too much humidity...NO we don't!!! Now, some guy from N.C. is flying in to see what is happening...apparently we are NOT the only ones complaining!! I have also spent over 800.00 in fuel oil for my house is 4 weeks. I only used 500 gallons in a year with my OLD windows...guess I should have just kept the piece of junk we had!!! I think the customer service is horrible and the product is JUNK!!!
I agree mine are crap to and the problems started before they finished installing them.
Atrium Customer

San Diego, CA

#85 Feb 1, 2011
Pete Christo wrote:
Very happy with my Atrium windows and have not had one issue or problem that was not taken care of just like they said it would. Thanks Atrium
Pete Christo/Buena Park, CA
Pete Christo works for Atrium. He was the work foreman for my install. This post is a sham. Atrium's warranty is as well. They will give you the run around for any issue you have with them, legitimate or not. STAY AWAY!
Kevin

Littleton, CO

#86 Feb 2, 2011
Run Forest Run is all I can say if you plan to buy Atrium windows. The builder in our $450K Denver home put Atrium vinyl double hung and sliders in. I have nothing good to say about these cheap pieces of bovine fecal material. Ice glaciers inside the window each fall/winter/early spring morning. Wind blowing past the seals moves the shades. And the factory/sales rep keeps telling us that all windows leak a little! Well we had Eagle casement windows in our last house and it was air tight hurricane wind proof. NEVER buy an Atrium product unless you want to heat the great outdoors!
ckrm

Plano, TX

#87 Feb 5, 2011
We are looking at Lansing vinyl replacement windows. In my research I see Lansing is an Atrium product that is renamed. I assume I would have the same problems others have had.
Rhill5230

Toledo, OH

#88 Feb 5, 2011
I am a driver for a co. That delivers for Atrium out of NC,this co puts out a A#1 product. Any problem is taken care of in a prompt manner and to the customers satisfaction. The people out west are in a different district,but, will be taken care of (in my humble opinion) as best as Atrium can.
Robert

Spokane, WA

#89 Feb 23, 2011
None of you appear to know what your talking about. All windows are tested to meet gov standards. This looks like a website for crybabies. Not informed people who have a gnats azz what they are talking about. lol
Robert

Spokane, WA

#90 Feb 23, 2011
Kevin wrote:
Run Forest Run is all I can say if you plan to buy Atrium windows. The builder in our $450K Denver home put Atrium vinyl double hung and sliders in. I have nothing good to say about these cheap pieces of bovine fecal material. Ice glaciers inside the window each fall/winter/early spring morning. Wind blowing past the seals moves the shades. And the factory/sales rep keeps telling us that all windows leak a little! Well we had Eagle casement windows in our last house and it was air tight hurricane wind proof. NEVER buy an Atrium product unless you want to heat the great outdoors!
Casements are rated different than Single Hungs. Eagle casement windows barely meet energy star. While most Vinyl windows including Atrium meet and or exceed R5 ratings, something that Eagle cannot even imagine meeting. Get informed or shush.
M Martinez

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#91 Mar 2, 2011
I have been in the window sales and instalation business for over 25yrs and have installed thousands of windows and doors untill selling my Rowland Heights based glass shop in 2001 and ceasing my sub-contract install business in
Dec-2006.Although as a sub-installer I have installed every brand, 90% of the product I sold was Superior Windows, including my own home and all my friends, neighbors and relations including my in-laws(that should say somethng). I have always found Superior to be one of the highest quality and best values. True, Superior is a division of the Atrium Group, but IS NOT Atrium Windows,they are an independent division.I see that every post here is directed at Atrium Windows.
M Martinez

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#92 Mar 2, 2011
One additional note: In those past 25+ yrs I have seen such horrible installs, it shocks me. Please remember,
1: All vinyl is not the same,quality vastly varies
2: Use an experienced, licensed, recommended installer
3: NO SILLICONE OR LATEX EXTERIOR CAULK
4: Use expandable foam insulation
5: Never base the job on the cheapest and fastest, THIS IS YOUR HOME

Jmeceo

United States

#93 Mar 7, 2011
I was decided on buying atrium, completely convinced by the salesman and after reading these notes I still feel that I will be using them.
There's something fishey about some of these postings.
Goodluck to all
POS

Hendersonville, NC

#94 Mar 11, 2011
We purchased Ellison windows for our new construction home, they are made by Atrium. I have 3 transom windows that have all structually failed! The aluminum frame between the glass panes are bowed at the top and bottom toward the center. They have admitted this is an issue across the industry but still will not step up to the plate to cover the cost to replace, they will however cover the cost of the parts but not the labor. I am sorry but I purchased their product in good faith and it has not held up! I have spoken with the distric rep who I have provided pictures and he said that he would come by and look at them; he no longer will return any calls. The local business that carries the product is having the same issue. I would definately not recommend any Atrium produce!
Bonnie Harrington Tucson

Tucson, AZ

#95 Mar 21, 2011
Run from this window company. I had to have 14 windows replaced after ten years. All the seals had blown. Has taken over 6 months to have the work completed. Customer service stinks.This is a company that should be put out of business.
fixit-daddy

Spring Valley, OH

#96 Mar 22, 2011
Pick any product and/or brand-name and do a Google (or Bing, etc.) search for reviews of that product/brand.

Odds are you'll find way more complaints such as the one here than you will find compliments.

Anyone that's ever worked in any customer-focused business knows that a satisfied customer will tell a couple of people, often only in response to someone that asks them about their purchase - but a dis-satisfied customer will tell anyone that will stand still long enough to hear their story.

Bottom line: Ask the dealer for names/addresses of similar installations in your area - check them out first-hand.
luckytuck

Renton, WA

#97 Mar 25, 2011
Service issues are usually local and differ greatly. Also, every window company builds at least 3 grades of windows: Builders grade (cheap), Midrange (sold in large box stores), and Upscale (everything available, state of the art, to make a window do as good a job as a window can do).

Atrium is no different. Their upscale window is excellent... series 2000 on windows and 890 on patio doors. These complaints are all on the cheep 200 series or the Dynasty. These comments tend to paint all Atrium products with the same brush. I've sold the upscale window for several years now and their quality and service have been nothing short of wonderful. Their local factory in Washington state is very responsive and the company I work for has installed windows for over 20 years. I have 11 major brands to choose from including Marvin, Andersen, Milgard, Kolbe & Kolbe, PlyGem, Simpson, Codel, and others and I feel the the best value in vinyl is Atrium's upscale window. It's built like a tank, works well and last a long time. Please don't confuse it with their lesser brothers.

There is a market for cheep builder's grade and midrange windows and most all window companies must make them to survive in these tough economic times. Please look behind the brand name alone and ask more questions. Cheep is never good and good is never cheep. You can take shortcuts with any product you buy. Please do your homework and look beyond price alone.
Consumer

United States

#99 Apr 26, 2011
Atrium consumer wrote:
Atrium vinyl windows are one of the best vinyl windows on the market today. No window will work and any window can have problems if not properly installed by someone who knows what they are doing. Atrium stands behind their products and makes a product that any homeowner can be proud to own. The above testimonials, if you want to call them that, are false. Atrium does a great job and all I can say if the homeowners who are making such complaints must have used the wrong dealers. For now, let the record be said, Atrium Window and Door products are some of the best in the industry today. I am proof. Thanks Atrium
Sam Rogers/Phoenix, AZ
Mr. Rogers and Christo must work for Atrium or own stock in the company. Their posting is out of Venus, Texas, but they say they are from AZ and CA.
Bob Clark

Babylon, NY

#100 May 16, 2011
I'm not going to judge the comment above, but I did want to point out that it sure looks like this could be a company plant. The writer is from a small suburb of Dallas, where Atrium is based. His language sure reads like a company rep- just sayin'
matiy

Queen Creek, AZ

#101 May 19, 2011
Do not buy Atrium windows, poor quality and service. Pulte had them installed in their Anthem East, because they are cheap. Suns reflections on my neighbors windows have caused my trees to burn and a fire resistant grill cover to melt.
Holly

Anaheim, CA

#102 Jun 6, 2011
Wow, I have never posted on anything before, but feel like Atrium is getting slammed. I just replaced all the windows on my home with Atrium windows. They look great and I am very happy with them. My installer (ECCI in Anaheim, and no I don't work for them, but they were awesome) was excellent and wonderful to work with. One of the large windows had an issue noticed after the install and Atrium came out immediately and issued a replacement. I have found their customer service to be excellent. I did get the better series, not the cheapest of their windows. The pricing was on track with Milgard, but I liked the Atrium line better because of the even line at the top, which I thought looked a lot better in my large windows.

I couldn't be happier with my windows.
Sabrina

Richmond, CA

#103 Jun 9, 2011
My elderly Aunt and Uncle in Texas installed a lot of Atrium windows and now one has lost it's seal. They have tried going through the website for help and other than an email and faxing the company information the company has done nothing. They do not stand behind their products. I have found lots of bad comments about them now. Stay away. Go with a reputable firm.
Atrium Windows and Doors

Allen, TX

#104 Jun 28, 2011
Atrium Windows and Doors is more than willing to discuss and help solve any issues you may
have with our products. We realize some of the posts on this forum are old, but we are still open
to address any issues you feel haven’t been resolved. Please reach us at: support@atrium.com
We appreciate your feedback, as it will be used to help create a clearer understanding of our
products and services, and how we can improve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anaheim Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whittier officer dies from wounds 4 min LMNews 1
Two Whittier officers shot 5 min LMNews 1
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 1 hr Davis 7,463
Helicopters flying over home for past hour? (Oct '14) 7 hr Aunt chrissy 11
ssk gangsters (Jan '13) Sun wicked wsa 174
News Lowea s hiring 45,000 seasonal workers includin... Sun Ramrod87 12
News Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) Feb 12 Storm chaser 4,845

Anaheim Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Anaheim Mortgages