Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Judged:

I had never heard of Atrium vinyl windows but got a window estimate today for Atrium Dynasty vinyl windows from a window salesman and am trying to find out more about Atrium and their windows. Anyone have Atrium vinyl windows installed in their home? Are Atrium windows considered a good replacement window?
HENRY

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

Judged:

I got Atrium Dynasty windows put in my home a few years back and have had alot of problems with them. The Atrium Dynasty windows don't close tightly and Atrium service is a joke. The locking system is very cheap and breaks. I have to use a broom handle in a couple of windows to keep them locked. I don't think they are a good replacement window.
Edwards

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Judged:

Atrium windows are not that good. I have Atrium windows in my home and paid alot for them. Service problems are my number one complaint. Atrium really takes their time in fixing problems with their windows. The Atrium dealer I had install them went out of business so I have to rely on Atrium.
atrium review

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2009

Judged:

Atrium windows in my experience is not very good. Windows glass did not last and had fogging issues. Atrium warranty service not very good either .. took almost a year to get resolution and was still out money for installation. Would look at other products personally .
Sandy

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2009

Judged:

We had upgraded Atrium windows installed by our builder (Pulte) in 2002. These windows are low E tinted, double pane energy efficient windows are they were an upgraded option. The casement windows that don't open the gasket seal between the two windows has come loose in all five windows. So we have lost the seal and are leaking heating/cooling out thru every window. The slider windows in the great room, master bedroom, guest bedroom, and kitchen all have the same piece of metal strip coming loose that blocks the windows from opening and closing properly. The windows jam and that strip turns blocking the window from sealing and opening/closing tightly.

I just got off the phone with Atrium who informs me that my ten year warranty windows are not covered by the window and it will cost us to have an inspection for repairs. May I suggest you avoid purchasing Atrium windows at all costs. Absolutely no customer service from this company.
Mike

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2009

Judged:

Sandy wrote:
We had upgraded Atrium windows installed by our builder (Pulte) in 2002. These windows are low E tinted, double pane energy efficient windows are they were an upgraded option. The casement windows that don't open the gasket seal between the two windows has come loose in all five windows. So we have lost the seal and are leaking heating/cooling out thru every window. The slider windows in the great room, master bedroom, guest bedroom, and kitchen all have the same piece of metal strip coming loose that blocks the windows from opening and closing properly. The windows jam and that strip turns blocking the window from sealing and opening/closing tightly.
I just got off the phone with Atrium who informs me that my ten year warranty windows are not covered by the window and it will cost us to have an inspection for repairs. May I suggest you avoid purchasing Atrium windows at all costs. Absolutely no customer service from this company.
It is not clear when did you upgraded the Atrium windows?
Atrium consumer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Judged:

Atrium vinyl windows are one of the best vinyl windows on the market today. No window will work and any window can have problems if not properly installed by someone who knows what they are doing. Atrium stands behind their products and makes a product that any homeowner can be proud to own. The above testimonials, if you want to call them that, are false. Atrium does a great job and all I can say if the homeowners who are making such complaints must have used the wrong dealers. For now, let the record be said, Atrium Window and Door products are some of the best in the industry today. I am proof. Thanks Atrium

Sam Rogers/Phoenix, AZ
Pete Christo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Judged:

Very happy with my Atrium windows and have not had one issue or problem that was not taken care of just like they said it would. Thanks Atrium
Pete Christo/Buena Park, CA
hatethem

Rapid City, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2009

Judged:

we have atrium windows (unfortunately) in our home and absolutely hate them. They have replaced them, albiet it has taken 8 times (no lie) and now the glass is all distorted on them. do yourselves a favor and run the opposite direction if someone even suggests these windows.
hatethem

Rapid City, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2009

Judged:

we unfortunately have these pieces of crap in our home. If we could rip them out, we would. We still might. Still working with Atrium on them. They have been at our home way too many times to count to replace every window in our home. Now the replacement windows glass is distorted. This is beyond crazy. run for the hills if anyone even suggests these poor excuses for windows. this is me being nice. ;)
no kidding-los angeles

Buena Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2009

Judged:

Are these negative posts accurate? If so, you guys may have saved me. I've never heard of Atrium windonws either but we had a salesman out for a quote who made the product sound fantastic. Now--I have serious questions.
Any further info would be appreciated. thanks.
JT in Texas

Missouri City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

Judged:

I recently bought a home that has Atrium windows. After five months of 10+ windows leaking through every southeast Texas rainstorm, I am in the process of getting all 30 windows replaced. A dang shame when you spend so much money on a home and you have CRAP installed in your house and have to deal with all the hassle to get them replaced. But these days, it always seems to be the consumers fault! Thanks for the posts and I totally agree with the majority of you on these windows.

Aaron

Lomita, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

Judged:

JT in Texas:
Is your home part of a planned home association or did you purchase an empty lot and build from the ground up? Most homes built in HOA's these days, called "cookie-cutter" homes, are built with lower end model windows produced from the manufacturer used. It's all about the value of the investment. If you plan on residing in the location for many years, I wholly suggest that you invest in a higher end series once you find a suitable manufacturer. For 10 windows, look to spend $8,000-15,000 +/-(depending on sizes, grids, and features selected). I know its steep, but the higher end windows will save on your heating and cooling, and regardless of location, the energy savings will pay back in the long run. Especially in comparison to the leaking and lack of UV & IR reflection you are experiencing with your current windows.

Sincerely,
Aaron Miller
Quality Home Exteriors, Inc.
Woodland Hills, CA
James

Glendora, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2009

Aaron wrote:
JT in Texas:
Is your home part of a planned home association or did you purchase an empty lot and build from the ground up? Most homes built in HOA's these days, called "cookie-cutter" homes, are built with lower end model windows produced from the manufacturer used. It's all about the value of the investment. If you plan on residing in the location for many years, I wholly suggest that you invest in a higher end series once you find a suitable manufacturer. For 10 windows, look to spend $8,000-15,000 +/-(depending on sizes, grids, and features selected). I know its steep, but the higher end windows will save on your heating and cooling, and regardless of location, the energy savings will pay back in the long run. Especially in comparison to the leaking and lack of UV & IR reflection you are experiencing with your current windows.
Sincerely,
Aaron Miller
Quality Home Exteriors, Inc.
Woodland Hills, CA
Most of the estimates I have gotten are for about $500 to $750 a window installed with all the upgrades. The windows I have looked at are Anlin, Amerimax, Superior, Milgard and Simonton.$800 to $1,500 seems really high. What kind of windows cost that much?
Keith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

Judged:

I have Atrium windows in my home, HORRIBLE HORRIBLE QUALITY RUN RUN 
drafty, the latches are impossible to lock and the seals break in between the glass. I've been working with customer service for almost 6 months trying to get my living room window replaced. I keep getting the run around from the builder ďRichmond homesĒ and window supplier "Atrium".
I have mold growing down the back of my home along with rotting trim. Builder is pointing at Atrium and Atrium is pointing at the builder. Atrium says the builder signed a contract stating the builder waved installation and installed them with their crew.. Builder is saying atrium installed them. And this is not an issue for them. The builder never shows with the window company and has shown they do not want any part of this.
Atriums Customer service department is a joke, unorganized, and canít keep scheduled together. They do provide the best lip service on earth. Iíve been scheduled 4 times in the last 6 months. 1st time the Builder came and atrium had no representative present .2nd was Atrium with no Builder representative.3rd schedule nobody came. 4rth one I was promised both parties are aware and will be bringing a BRAND NEW window and it will be installed. Atrium showed with no window and the builder flaked out and said he was never scheduled. Spoke with Rebecca AGAIN and she promised me AGAIN she was sorry and will scheduled me for Monday, Jan 11th 2010 to have my window delivered, and Tuesday the 12th to have both parties present when the install takes place. Just got off the phone with atrium to confirm my appointments and it appears the lady I spoke with said I'm scheduled for Wednesday only, and she needs to call me back. Iím Pretty sure Iím about to get hosed again.
Iíve been going through my vacation days, and having my house prepared for installs each time, turning my house upside down and moving furniture around.
Really not sure what to do! I will admit Iím not an aggressive guy, But Iím Burnt!
Bill

Chino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Before you buy Atrium Windows, think it over again and remember with poor quality you will soon forget the "deal" you got to save a few dollars.

Out of 17 Atrium windows an Atrium sliding door, and an Atrium French door, Atrium made a two service calls during the installation and multiple service calls after the installation. One service call remains open as they are procrastinating the replacement of a tempered window that has dirty finger prints inside the window on the internal grid.

They were to replace the window today, and I should have know but they said the window had not been manufactured and the call would have to be reschedule. Maybe this is their way to manage their cost cutting program but at the expense of customer satisfaction.

Lack of service is being provided by the Atrium facility in Anaheim, Ca. I have worked and bend over backwards to be flexible and accommodating - but I am tired and weary, so hopefully my attorney can get a resolution to this.
Trevor

Culver City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

I am choosing between Atrium Windows, Amerimax (more expensive) and Milgard Classic (Tuscany series). An advice? Sounds like people hate their Atrium windows.
Atrium Companies News

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2010

Here is some new info on Atrium Windows. Looks like they are trying to restructure.$350 million in debt is huge.
Atrium Cos. Inc., has reached agreement with lenders on a restructuring plan to reduce the window and door manufacturerís outstanding debt by more than $350 million. To implement the balance sheet restructuring, the company has filed voluntary Chapter 11 petitions with the United States Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Del.
Jerry Oceanside CA

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2010

Judged:

Trevor wrote:
I am choosing between Atrium Windows, Amerimax (more expensive) and Milgard Classic (Tuscany series). An advice? Sounds like people hate their Atrium windows.
Atrium and Amerimax are builder series windows. I own a window company, and have heard only bad things about Atrium. Amerimax, I have also heard similar things. How bad a company is, only their service department knows--and they don't publish the list of complaints. However, I sell Milgard for good reason, they are excellent. Service and quality control. A better built product. There is a rebate now on the Tuscany until March 31st.
Mikki Billot

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2010

Judged:

They are the worst window company out there. We wouldn't have used them, but we bought the home new, and they put them in, so we have to use them to replace the broken one (yes new home, 1 week, and it was broken). Not only did it take over a month to get the glass in the first place they have cancelled the installation 4 times now. The last time they said they broke the glass (20min before showing up), and the funny thing is that this time it instead of taking a month for the glass to show up, it took only 2 days???? So ether the glass didn't break like they said, or they screwed up/forgot about us for the first month???? They are just bad news. Here were are scheduled for the 4th install next week, still don't know if it will get done?????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Anaheim News Video

•••
•••

Anaheim Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Anaheim People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE