OSBI's Track Record Investigated After Criticism From Lawmaker

There are 20 comments on the Apr 26, 2010, Oklahoma Impact Team story titled OSBI's Track Record Investigated After Criticism From Lawmaker. In it, Oklahoma Impact Team reports that:

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation claims it brings exceptional investigative service to the state of Oklahoma.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oklahoma Impact Team.

Zap Rowsdower

Walton, KY

#62 May 26, 2010
Jimmy Green wrote:
What's this about: Recently, all OSBI employees were required to fill out a three question form. One of the questions was "Will you agree to enter someone's home and arrest them if they have not enrolled in health care?
That's a lie.
Pete

Irwin, PA

#63 May 26, 2010
The OSBI should immediately release all of their evidence on Skyla's and Taylor's case to the public. If the OSBI can't solve the Weleetka murders, they should let the public do it! The OSBI doesn't even keep their website info on this case updated. Shameful!
Pete

Irwin, PA

#64 May 26, 2010
Take a look at the myspace of one of the suspects! He is trying way too hard to be a gangster. Gangsters enjoy senseless drive by shootings. The Weleetka murders were senseless drive by killings.
fantasia

Binger, OK

#65 May 26, 2010
gobills wrote:
<quoted text>
Fantasia, is this a recent death?
all i know is that i believe it was in the 90s or late 80s the man or boy was at that leonard fish guys OLD house {a new house has been built there and his sister or neice lives there now back behind where round up used to be}and back in the day it was apparently a party spot,folks say that this jj.holmes shot himself in the back of the head,{weird,huh?}and speculation around weleetka was that leonard had shot him.if he did they sure opened and closed it fast,if not then someone knows and the justice system once again has failed. anyway i was wondereing if anyone knows about it also there was another killing in big white house in town{not sure which street because we have no street signs}on a corner where afamily lives now where i guess back in the 80s a man lived, in this scary looking old house and some other drunk folks were hangin out and apparently they killed him and set part of his house on fire to cover it up, i dont know his name or much about it i figure someone may know the story behind that crime as well, as far as i know this crime is unsolved also.
fantasia

Binger, OK

#66 May 26, 2010
Smarterthanyou wrote:
Here is some of OSBI's exceptional service.
Missing children still not found:
Cori Baker missing since 11/09/07
Amber Renee Barker missing since 12/1/97
Jenae Beverly Blackwell missing since 3/1/05
Lauria Jaylene Bible missing since 12/3/99
Cynthia M. Britto missing since 5/29/92
Destiny Dawn Brown missing since 1/22/07
Anastasia Marie Bruno missing since 1/21/08
Ashley Marie Cesenas missing since 7/9/04
Colt Levi Clark missing since 4/20/06
Alexander Cockrel missing since 6/1/94
Josephine Yvette Cogburn missing since 10/2/83
Joyce Irene Cogburn missing since 10/2/83
Matthew Oliver Cortes missing since 10/29/00
Holden Tyler Cross missing since 10/21/07
Monique Christine Daniels missing since 6/2/92
Crystal Dittmeyer missing since 6/13/96
Syllannia Terene Edwards missing since 8/17/03
Kimberly Nicole Felder missing since 2/22/07
Thomas Fogle missing since 4/15/05
Ashley Renae Freeman missing since 12/3/99
Adrianna Hope Garcia missing since 12/29/04
Tammy Gibson missing since 7/7/05
Michael Christopher Gross missing since 11/10/06
Robert Mitcheall Gross missing since 8/26/07
Tashinenia Jade Guardipee missing since 5/11/06
Lanetha Caseyrose Harris missing since 6/18/06
Kirsten Renee Hatfield missing since 5/14/97
Tanja Marie Hook missing since 6/30/03
Michael Anthony Hughes missing since 9/12/94
Kerri Marie Jones missing since 9/17/07
Charlotte June Kinsey missing since 9/26/81
Larry DeWayne Krebbs missing since 5/30/80
Jamie Michelle McChurin missing since 3/18/97
Meredith Ann Medina missing since 2/14/89
Cinda Leann Pallett missing since 9/25/81
Brittany Ramsey missing since 9/22/06
Sandy Pathresa Rea missing since 9/19/84
LaJuana Reid missing since 6/25/06
Francisco Javier Ruiz missing since 7/14/02
Gudalupe Candeleria Ruiz missing since 7/14/02
Jorge Antonio Ruiz missing since 7/14/02
Lorenzo Ruiz 7/14/02
David Santana missing since 9/24/06
Brooklyn N Stewart missing since 8/26/07
Thomas Billy Lee Tillery missing since 9/19/94
Bethany Maria Tiner missing since 1/1/97
Logan Lynn Tucker missing since 6/23/02
Ashley Ussery missing since 5/22/07
With all these missing people OSBI as far back as 1980 I would not brag about exceptional service.
Each one of these 48 missing people is a son, daughter, sister, brother to some one.
amen to that!
Agitator

Broken Arrow, OK

#67 May 26, 2010
The OSBI can not find there rear end with both hands how are they going to investigate anything.
grrcattle

Ardmore, OK

#68 May 27, 2010
Like most of our government offices - they all need to be investigated and audited - they need to be held accountable
Smarterthanyou

Montgomery, AL

#69 May 27, 2010
grrcattle wrote:
Like most of our government offices - they all need to be investigated and audited - they need to be held accountable
All government offices should be transparent, auditable, and accountable. Especially with their expenditures.
Agitator

Broken Arrow, OK

#70 May 27, 2010
Accountability in America no longer exists. Why have accountability if the people will not hold the politicians accountable at re-election time. Accountability will never be as long as the voters think there representative is good but all others are corrupt.
Pete

Irwin, PA

#71 May 27, 2010
The OSBI should be forced to release all its evidence to the public on Taylor's and Skyla's case. They are not making any progress, so let the public solve this senseless crime!
what

Binger, OK

#72 May 27, 2010
fantasia wrote:
<quoted text>all i know is that i believe it was in the 90s or late 80s the man or boy was at that leonard fish guys OLD house {a new house has been built there and his sister or neice lives there now back behind where round up used to be}and back in the day it was apparently a party spot,folks say that this jj.holmes shot himself in the back of the head,{weird,huh?}and speculation around weleetka was that leonard had shot him.if he did they sure opened and closed it fast,if not then someone knows and the justice system once again has failed. anyway i was wondereing if anyone knows about it also there was another killing in big white house in town{not sure which street because we have no street signs}on a corner where afamily lives now where i guess back in the 80s a man lived, in this scary looking old house and some other drunk folks were hangin out and apparently they killed him and set part of his house on fire to cover it up, i dont know his name or much about it i figure someone may know the story behind that crime as well, as far as i know this crime is unsolved also.
i never heard about these does anyone else know?
New contributor 2

Fort Smith, AR

#73 Jun 8, 2010
I never heard about these either. Any info
sassy

Broken Arrow, OK

#74 Jun 8, 2010
They probably trampled it on purpose, to cover their own tracks and mess up evidence. One of there own was probably involved in drug deal gone bad and was seen by these girls. Just a theory but what better way to not get caught by being one of the bad guys doing the investigation. Not too far fetched for law enforcement?? Ever heard of crooked cops!
tohellwiththewor ld

Tulsa, OK

#75 Jun 8, 2010
**** the O.S.B.I.

Since: Apr 10

Oklahoma City, OK

#76 Jun 10, 2010
sassy wrote:
They probably trampled it on purpose, to cover their own tracks and mess up evidence. One of there own was probably involved in drug deal gone bad and was seen by these girls. Just a theory but what better way to not get caught by being one of the bad guys doing the investigation. Not too far fetched for law enforcement?? Ever heard of crooked cops!
There are no crooked cops involved in the Weleetka crime. I know the men in the Sheriff's department and they would cut off their right arms to put the cuffs on those that committed this crime. Left alone, the Sheriff's office would probably have their guys in cuffs by now... but the OSBI, who are supposed to ASSIST local law enforcement, instead tend to TAKE OVER cases... and, in this case, are actually delaying the outcome by chasing ridiculous leads that experienced detectives know are BS as soon as they receive them.

This crime wasn't about a drug deal and it wasn't about attempted abduction, pedophilia, or any imaginary Indian in a white truck. It will be solved... trust me. And it will be solved by the Sheriff's Department despite OSBI... not because of them.
sassy

Broken Arrow, OK

#78 Jun 10, 2010
If your so sure you know what is wasnt about then why not say what it was then??It doesnt have to be the local police or sheriff involved.It could of been a local polititian;mayor? cop somewhere else? someone in DA's ofice. Someone in a high rank,doing something they werent supposed to, and were seen. You named all the things your sure it wasnt and that dont leave much else it could be. Thin about it...nobody kills somebody for nothing,not that brutally anyway unless they had something to loose. And drug dealers will kill anybody.Kids,elderly,babies even their own family members.

Since: Apr 10

Oklahoma City, OK

#80 Jun 11, 2010
sassy wrote:
If your so sure you know what is wasnt about then why not say what it was then??It doesnt have to be the local police or sheriff involved.It could of been a local polititian;mayor? cop somewhere else? someone in DA's ofice. Someone in a high rank,doing something they werent supposed to, and were seen. You named all the things your sure it wasnt and that dont leave much else it could be. Thin about it...nobody kills somebody for nothing,not that brutally anyway unless they had something to loose. And drug dealers will kill anybody.Kids,elderly,babies even their own family members.
I'm a criminologist so let me enlighten you about a few things, because apparently you watch too many movies.

There are people who kill others for no reason whatsoever ALL THE TIME! It happens much more frequently than even the savviest among us know. It happens in all classes, all races, and every part of the country, urban, suburban, and rural. The only thing these "acts of wanton violence without motive" seem to have in common is the age of the perpetrator... which is usually between sixteen and nineteen (rarely older... up to 25 or 26 years, but only if the person is seriously emotionally or developmentally delayed.) The press like to call these deviants "thrill killers" because it sounds more exciting than sociopath or psychopath.

On the other hand, drug dealers DO NOT make a practice of murdering children... not random children, not children who unwittingly witness a deal, not even the children of their targets. Unless you are dealing with high ranking cartels in Mexico who murder entire families,(a circumstance that clearly does not exist in this case) even adults are highly unlikely to be at risk of death by a drug dealer if they are not doing business with him, by dealing for him.

In fact, most killers who have actual motives for their crimes don't kill children at all. Those that do have clear motives that involve the abduction and sexual assault of the child or children. This circumstance also did not exist in this case.

All the B-movie, urban-legend type motives that are tossed around when there is a case like this one are not only annoying and NOT helpful, they are harmful and waste time and money.

Drug dealers didn't kill the girls.
Gang members didn't kill the girls.
A serial killer didn't kill the girls.
Devil worshiping cults didn't kill the girls.
Outsiders or transients didn't kill the girls.

They need to look much closer to home... and, most likely, away from the drug community and the mug books, and towards the "good families" right there in the community.
Otis

Irwin, PA

#81 Jun 11, 2010
They need to look at teenage boys or young men who sit at home all day playing violent video games and lived near the murder site. These little girls were used so POS could live the thrill of experiencing the actions of their video game characters.

The OSBI needs to release the make of the second gun and all other data so the citizens can solve this horrific crime.
Bubba

Carnegie, OK

#82 Jun 11, 2010
Otis wrote:
They need to look at teenage boys or young men who sit at home all day playing violent video games and lived near the murder site. These little girls were used so POS could live the thrill of experiencing the actions of their video game characters.
The OSBI needs to release the make of the second gun and all other data so the citizens can solve this horrific crime.
I agree with all, except the Violent video game part. Come on now, you can't blame video games for violence. You just can't. Did Bundy, or Dahmer play these games? NO! How about Lee Harvey Oswald? Negative. See, there were sick and twisted people before these games were invented. The parents of the young kids need to stop being afraid and give them a good ol' fashion, American ass whoopin'. But other than that, I totally agree.
Justice

Greensboro, NC

#83 Jun 11, 2010
Devinette wrote:
<quoted text>

This crime wasn't about a drug deal and it wasn't about attempted abduction, pedophilia, or any imaginary Indian in a white truck. It will be solved... trust me.

And it will be solved by the Sheriff's Department despite OSBI... not because of them....
Devinette, You are possibly right,
but SHE or HE, the killer, was very mad about something involving the girls that Sunday evening.

Our prayers are with this Sheriff's dept. to catch the monster that did this horrible, heartless, hernias murder to these 2 beautiful children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anadarko Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Binger Music Thread (Apr '12) 6 hr Musikologist 25
Where is Hegel Branch Apr 23 Col Smith Fort Sill 2
Caddo County inmate dies (Apr '14) Apr 23 Your Average Bear 23
Is Allen Richards a QUEER ? Apr 15 JamaJelli 18
News Jail escapees sentenced to 30 more years (Jan '08) Apr 14 ashbash 2
Cyril Board of TRUSTees - Can you trust who was... Apr 8 joeyesposito405 1
Revive Anadarko group Apr 2 Your Average Bear 18
More from around the web

Anadarko People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE