District Attorney Brett Burns
wishing1

Anadarko, OK

#244 Jul 10, 2010
what happened on devin's sentencing?
Bubba

Asher, OK

#245 Jul 10, 2010
wishing1 wrote:
what happened on devin's sentencing?
He received 6 months in County, with 5 years deferred. He is currently serving his time. Hoping he will be out by Sept. Brett Burns made an ass out of himself in court. The judge saw right through his crap. Thank god we got a smart Judge.
just sayin

Anadarko, OK

#246 Jul 10, 2010
Bubba, who was his judge?
Bubba

Asher, OK

#247 Jul 10, 2010
just sayin wrote:
Bubba, who was his judge?
It was Judge Stephens.
--Please Vote--

Edmond, OK

#248 Jul 11, 2010
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Judge Stephens.
It was Judge Van Dyck.
Guest

Kilgore, TX

#249 Jul 19, 2010
There is one thing for sure. The people I know in Marlow are going to vote for who ever is willing to tackle the Police Abuse and Corruption going on and has gone on in Marlow and other places. Investagations, procecutions, and future monitoring of all actions involving actions by Law Enforcement officers who think they are above the Law. There are other cases that have been ignored in my opinion and it has definitely affected how the people I know are going to vote. Citizens are sick of it. For myself and the people I know, we all need honest Law Enforcement officer’s to depend on. There are honest Law Enforcement officers out there but there are many who are not. My question is why is it so hard to get tax paid officers “investigated and prosecuted”. Citizens need to know that our DA, will investigate and prosecute before more citizens are hurt, killed or who’s Civil Rights are violated.
“Is that to much to ask”
Bubba

Asher, OK

#250 Jul 19, 2010
Guest wrote:
There is one thing for sure. The people I know in Marlow are going to vote for who ever is willing to tackle the Police Abuse and Corruption going on and has gone on in Marlow and other places. Investagations, procecutions, and future monitoring of all actions involving actions by Law Enforcement officers who think they are above the Law. There are other cases that have been ignored in my opinion and it has definitely affected how the people I know are going to vote. Citizens are sick of it. For myself and the people I know, we all need honest Law Enforcement officer’s to depend on. There are honest Law Enforcement officers out there but there are many who are not. My question is why is it so hard to get tax paid officers “investigated and prosecuted”. Citizens need to know that our DA, will investigate and prosecute before more citizens are hurt, killed or who’s Civil Rights are violated.
“Is that to much to ask”
Vote for a change in the right direction. Jason Hicks.
I know you farted

Ada, OK

#251 Jul 23, 2010
Guest...there has to be a reason to prosecute officers. Just because you say they are corrput doesn't mean they are. No matter what DA takes office, they must have a solid case. Obviously the cases you speak of were BS and you have a problem with that I think it's absolutely hilarious that nobody listens to you. They know how crazy you are and you can't even see that!!
who="Guest"]There is one thing for sure. The people I know in Marlow are going to vote for who ever is willing to tackle the Police Abuse and Corruption going on and has gone on in Marlow and other places. Investagations, procecutions, and future monitoring of all actions involving actions by Law Enforcement officers who think they are above the Law. There are other cases that have been ignored in my opinion and it has definitely affected how the people I know are going to vote. Citizens are sick of it. For myself and the people I know, we all need honest Law Enforcement officer’s to depend on. There are honest Law Enforcement officers out there but there are many who are not. My question is why is it so hard to get tax paid officers “investigated and prosecuted”. Citizens need to know that our DA, will investigate and prosecute before more citizens are hurt, killed or who’s Civil Rights are violated.
“Is that to much to ask”
Guest

United States

#252 Jul 23, 2010
Hello! I never said all Cops are corrupt. However, the ones that are should be investagated and prosecuted. Evidence? there are people who have plenty. Prosecuting corrupt officers is just not somthing other Law Enforcement officials like to do. I will give you a for instance. New Orleans, 2005 officers were cleared by a local investagation in there state and now are looking at the possibility of the death penalty. Your attitude is a little confusing, in referance to you taking all of this so personal. Let me also remind you or maybe someone you know that they or you are payed with Taxpaer's money. I think you could say that even Law Enforcement,is sick of corrupt,rogue,abusive officers. Yes there are some who care. Take a look at this news story below and then laugh. If you think this kind of thing is a laughing matter then you need to think long and hard about someone you love being a victim of Police Brutality. A solid case was turned in here too and nothing was done till another Law Enforcement intity came into investagate "five years later". Aparently alot of people are listening because this story was done by CBS news. You just keep telling yourself no one cares and we will all keep demanding Justice.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-200104...
I know you farted wrote:
Guest...there has to be a reason to prosecute officers. Just because you say they are corrput doesn't mean they are. No matter what DA takes office, they must have a solid case. Obviously the cases you speak of were BS and you have a problem with that I think it's absolutely hilarious that nobody listens to you. They know how crazy you are and you can't even see that!! <quoted text>
new to town

Blanchard, OK

#254 Jul 27, 2010
If you look at on demand for the city of Chickasha then go pull up the affidavits at the court. It's a catch and release program. It's a business. The attorney's are getting rich and NOBODY ever goes to jail. Even for drug dealers. Nobody is held responsible for METH use or worse. 2nd, 3rd offenses.. just send the court your money and walk.
We to people can do better.
JustWait

Waterloo, Canada

#255 Jul 29, 2010
You people will never get rid of the corruption there. The one officer that tried to do the right thing and turn Bret in for what he and others have been doing there for years and they tried to burn him at the cross. I don't guess one of you where in court yesterday when Bret got called out by the judge for trying to prosecute this officer. Finally someone has listened to his allegation about Bret and his office now let's see who was lying. Bret stood in court and lied his ass off yesterday. Now the table has turned and a whole lot of people are going to look real stupid. Also can anyone tell me how Bret can park his vehicle in the courthouse parking lot with vote for bret signs on it. Isn't that some type of violation.
Guest

San Marcos, TX

#256 Jul 29, 2010
Respectfully, I say to you that. All the reserch shows that Jail is not working on addictions. The wealthy get to go to Rehabilitation Centers or Resorts for help. We have to address the addition problem that alot of people are dealing with another way. It is just that the average American cannot afford Rehab and there are not enough Rehab's open to service the need. There are lot's of people with addictions from all walks of life but some just get treated better than others.It's funny that when a wealthy person has an addiction problem it is almost excepted but when a poor person is an addict they are considered Criminals and scum. We measure the problem by who they are , who they know and how much money they have. Maybe I am wrong , but it sure seems like that to me.
new to town wrote:
If you look at on demand for the city of Chickasha then go pull up the affidavits at the court. It's a catch and release program. It's a business. The attorney's are getting rich and NOBODY ever goes to jail. Even for drug dealers. Nobody is held responsible for METH use or worse. 2nd, 3rd offenses.. just send the court your money and walk.
We to people can do better.
nanny

Clarksville, AR

#257 Jul 29, 2010
JustWait, I hope you are right, that the table has turned on the DA.'s office and the other police officer that is involved in this matter and much more that has went on in this county!!!! They should all go to jail for what they have done to all the family's there. VOTE FOR JASON HICKS
concerned citizen

Indiahoma, OK

#258 Jul 30, 2010
well I listen to , police officers are very corrupt, and the ones that are not will not step forward, I know first hand of a few good ,they say how corrupt they are, but they will not step forward because of loosing there jobs, yes there had better be a , we are living under communism, in Grady, Caddo, and Stevens county, and Brett Burns is in control, our Hitler, they are so many in the jails and prisons right now because of him that are as innocent as I.I so wish he would take a drug test, because I don't know how anyone can be as cruel as he is without having something to alter his concience I am not just talking, I know lots of people that have been effected by him and the sorry low life cops, tell you, we have no say once they get you on any little thing, it's , a bunch of bullies trying to get even for all there mysery, please vote for the new man running for the DA'S office he is a Christian man, that I believe can turn this thing around.
Guest

Duncan, OK

#259 Jul 30, 2010
Bless your heart. God cares about you and so do other people. I am so sorry for the pain you have had. Just remember, God is watching all of this and he knows what you have gone threw and what has happendto not only you but to others as well.
concerned citizen wrote:
well I listen to , police officers are very corrupt, and the ones that are not will not step forward, I know first hand of a few good ,they say how corrupt they are, but they will not step forward because of loosing there jobs, yes there had better be a , we are living under communism, in Grady, Caddo, and Stevens county, and Brett Burns is in control, our Hitler, they are so many in the jails and prisons right now because of him that are as innocent as I.I so wish he would take a drug test, because I don't know how anyone can be as cruel as he is without having something to alter his concience I am not just talking, I know lots of people that have been effected by him and the sorry low life cops, tell you, we have no say once they get you on any little thing, it's , a bunch of bullies trying to get even for all there mysery, please vote for the new man running for the DA'S office he is a Christian man, that I believe can turn this thing around.
Concerned in Anadarko

Edmond, OK

#260 Aug 3, 2010
Where was Burns during the Expo Parade? Does he not even support his own hometown's largest annual event? I guess he thinks Anadarko is wrapped up for him. I'm not really surprised, just disapointed in the arrogance.
Bubba

Asher, OK

#261 Aug 3, 2010
Concerned in Anadarko wrote:
Where was Burns during the Expo Parade? Does he not even support his own hometown's largest annual event? I guess he thinks Anadarko is wrapped up for him. I'm not really surprised, just disapointed in the arrogance.
So very true. But, we were so blessed to have his arrogant a$$ here in Carnegie for the Rodeo Parade and Rodeo. Never shows his face around this area unless he is running for office. And I think he received what he deserved. Most people in town treated him like they should, like something they stepped in. He deserves Zero respect. Because, on top of all of his arrogance, he DEMANDS respect. The way I was raised, respect is earned, not given for free. So VOTE HICKS FOR D.A. We all need a change, for the better.
just wondering

AOL

#262 Aug 4, 2010
I do believe that if I ran a stop sign while texting and killed a person I would be in jail, but if your family friends and a good supporter (money wise) no jail time. Only in Grady County. Also just curious what happen to OHP McConnell case did it just go away ?
Bewildered

Anadarko, OK

#263 Aug 5, 2010
just wondering wrote:
I do believe that if I ran a stop sign while texting and killed a person I would be in jail, but if your family friends and a good supporter (money wise) no jail time. Only in Grady County. Also just curious what happen to OHP McConnell case did it just go away ?
Hmmm.... Some stuff about the blessed Brett never finds its' way across the county line to Caddo. Care to elaborate? Promise we'll keep you advised too!
just wondering

AOL

#264 Aug 10, 2010
Which part ? It was a hush hush deal of course in grady county 16yr. old ran a stop sign and killed a elderly lady. Some say she was texting others say she was racing wasn't on the news at all ! No jail u know just an accident and alot of money !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anadarko Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pocasset Diesel (Oct '14) 10 hr Death2KeishaMohr 21
News OK Casino Closes Suddenly, Leaving Workers With... (Aug '13) Nov 21 Tim 13
Caddo County inmate dies (Apr '14) Nov 20 User 36
Gold river (Oct '15) Nov 16 Always lose 17
Moving to Chickasha/Chickasha area (Feb '11) Nov 14 NWguy503 18
New store Fort Cobb Nov 14 Ugh 2
Transgender Nicole McMonagle (Dec '15) Nov 9 Jamie Dundee 4

Anadarko Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Anadarko Mortgages