PLEASE AVOID USING THIS STORE !!! MAKE THE OWNER REGRET HIS/HER EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DRIVE IT OUT OF BUSINESS !!!
1. The store hours are posted as being 9:30 AM, yet I sat in the parking lot waiting for the store to open for 25 minutes before having to leave for an appointment. No one answered the phone when I called to see if perhaps they were in the store but just hadn’t opened the doors. I have no idea when they actually opened for the day… POOR SERVICE!
2. The next day I pulled up to the door (around noon; there was no point in going earlier since I didn’t know when they would actually be open) and saw two people sitting in their chairs. I struggled to get my box in the door, having just had surgery and not being able to lift the box.(The day before I had someone with me to assist me, but since the store did not open at the stated time, I had to go it alone during this visit.) The two employees (one younger man and an overweight older woman) sat there watching me struggle and never moved. I literally kicked the box through the door and to the side while they watched me. I then went back to my car to park while they continued to sit.
3. I then unloaded a 7-day old baby and a toddler and walked them into the store, where I had to kick the box to the counter. Again, the employees sat without even acknowledging me or that I was having a bit of an issue.(Please note that I made arrangements to not have to do this on my own with 2 babies in tow, but due to the store not being open on time, I had to make a second trip.) I then decided that I was on my own since these people clearly had no intention of helping. I picked the box up and put it on the counter and said that I wanted to ship using an account number, where I was rudely told that they didn’t do that. Since I had come this far, I just agreed to pay with a credit card.
4. I was asked by the man what the zip code was. I told him it was on the box since it was out of my line of sight. He didn’t move, so I walked over to the box and proceeded to tell him. I went back to the credit card machine and then he asked the address. I said, it is on the box, but since he was far too lazy to move from his chair, I once again walked back over to the box and read it to him. I just cannot believe that this employee, who could clearly see that I was trying to keep my 2 very small children out of the way, could not be bothered to stand up to read the address that was written on the box RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM.
5. I asked for a manager to report the issue with the store not opening on time the previous day and the overweight woman came over. She looked at me blankly when I told her about my experience and then said to me that there is only one person there in the morning and if they are late, the store doesn’t open on time, basically saying that it was no big deal. She then proceeded to make up some lame excuses as to why that might be; including that perhaps there was an accident on the road that caused the delay, or maybe a family emergency, or sickness. Are you kidding me?! This is a very small town, we rarely have issues with traffic. Certainly there would be provisions in place to keep the store running should an employee have an emergency, like maybe the manager or owner going in to open the store?! I told her several times that I thought she, as the manager, may want to know. She clearly did not care and did not offer an apology or ask if there was anything they could do to improve their service. From the reviews I read, she may be the owner, which makes it even more appalling.
6. Seriously, please avoid using this store and help shut this place down. I like UPS and appreciate the drivers who do a good job, but this location gives UPS a bad name even though it is technically not part of UPS (it is an individually owned franchise).