Five Dead, Two In Critical Condition ...

Five Dead, Two In Critical Condition From Fire at Tesoro Refinery

There are 4 comments on the Green Car Congress story from Apr 6, 2010, titled Five Dead, Two In Critical Condition From Fire at Tesoro Refinery. In it, Green Car Congress reports that:

Five workers are dead and two remain in critical condition after an explosion and fire in the naptha unit at Tesoroa s Anacortes, Washington refinery early Friday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Green Car Congress.

Construction Safety

United States

#1 Apr 6, 2010
Safety Programs
Safety Manuals
Safety Training
Safety Coordinators

Trust the number 1 Safety Company in America!
visit us:
www.nationalsafetyconsulting.com
Colin

London, UK

#2 Apr 7, 2010
I'm amazed that a company can negotiate fines of $87,000 down to $12,500 and then manage to kill some more of its staff within a matter of months.

Surely OHSA is in place to protect workers.

If companies knew that the headline fine is what they would have to pay then they would pay more heed to their workers safety.
Paula

United States

#3 Apr 13, 2010
You should really stop making statements on subject matters that you do not know the facts surrounding current and historical situations. Tesoro has an extremely high level of safety for all of their employees, whether they sit behind a desk or work in volatile environments at their refineries.

The negotiation of the fine amounts is a common practice that is conducted by all companies in the petroleum industry. Shell, Valero, Conico, etc. have all negotiated a reduced amount of infractions from government agencies.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU START RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!!!!!

“Nulla poena sine lege ”

Since: Sep 09

So. Wake County (Right Coast)

#4 Apr 27, 2010
I have to wonder if it was some sort of tree hugger sabotage ... especially since the gulf coast explosion.

Why haven't we heard from the tree hugger's about off shore drilling and this Democrat's acceptance of it?

Has media shut down their coverage which made them step up their activities to get noticed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anacortes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Pacific Grace Tax And Accounting Thu JACK 1
Do not rent from Churchill & Associates, they a... (Dec '07) May 23 EATMECHURCHILL 67
News Council members introduce new public nudity ord... May 17 The Ace of Spades 5
Review: Madrona Manor Apartments (Sep '08) Apr '15 Laura 13
News Congress approves $1.46 billion for EA-18G 'Gro... Mar '15 biker_dude 1
News US Bicycle Route 10 is approved for Washington ... (Jun '14) Aug '14 Great 4
Review: Island Rentals & Supply LLC (May '14) May '14 Cristina strong 1
More from around the web

Anacortes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]