Fired Anacortes officer used work computer for online dating

Aug 5, 2008 Full story: Business Pulse of Skagit County

An Anacortes police officer fired in June took his work computer home, used it for online dating, visited racy Web sites and wrote personal e-mail correspondence using his city account, according to information ...

Read more
cgirl

Seattle, WA

#1 Aug 13, 2008
I think that this is a joke. To fire a very good officer for using his computer for online dating! 5 Seattle cops went to sturgis and got into with some hells angels, fighting and even a gun involved and they are just "under investigation" I know stories about other Anacortes Police officers that are much worse and they weren't but should be fired. And has any body seen the Anacortes officer that is so grossly over weight that he can barely get in and out of his car? Who is he going to protect and serve? Isn't that agaisnt dept. policy?
cgirl

Seattle, WA

#2 Aug 14, 2008
I dont think It should be a crime to use a computer to chat whether is be dating or anything as long as he didn't do it while actually on shift when he should be protecting and serving. But on the comment about the over weight cop...that was bad!!!! There are a lot of over weight people in this world and they get discriminated about all the time! I know of that officer and he has no problem doing his job as well as the officer that got fired. He is and was a great cop! And a great person. He did his job for many years as well as the over weight cop! So please don't knock people, especially those out there protecting society!
cgirl

Seattle, WA

#3 Aug 14, 2008
Oh and the last post was to cgirl not from cgirl
zwawy

Benghazi, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

#4 Dec 9, 2008
veay nic
Citizen

North Bend, WA

#5 Jan 26, 2010
He was hardly a good cop. He behaved inappropriately towards me. I say good riddance!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anacortes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Congress approves $1.46 billion for EA-18G 'Gro... Mar 21 biker_dude 1
News Bad dentures prompt consumer complaints (Jul '08) Mar 2 Keith Allison 12
Do not rent from Churchill & Associates, they a... (Dec '07) Dec '14 unhappyrentors 66
News US Bicycle Route 10 is approved for Washington ... (Jun '14) Aug '14 Great 4
Review: Island Rentals & Supply LLC (May '14) May '14 Cristina strong 1
News Lesser Known Islands of the USA: San Juan Islan... (May '14) May '14 karen allen 1
News Multimillion-dollar yacht launched, then sinks ... (May '14) May '14 Larry 1
Anacortes Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Anacortes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]