BSA going queer
Hmmm

United States

#26 Jan 30, 2013
I'm glad my parents raised me (in the 1950s) to accept people as I find them. They had gay friends. I understood the relationship. I never witnessed ANY PDAs between my parents' gay friends. My camp director was also gay. Nobody made a big deal about it. I'm straight. Relax. Your kids, if they're lucky, will meet all kinds of people while they're growing up. I never saw my parents locked in any kind of passionate embrace, either. They saved those things for private moments, and so did their gay friends, being adults with some common sense.

This is really a non-issue. Gays are not pedophiles. They don't prey on kids. Since BSA relies heavily on willing volunteers, if the policy bothers you, get involved and volunteer with your kid's troop. Heck, do it anyway.

“Come on, really?”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#27 Jan 30, 2013
Very well said Hmmm.
sure

United States

#28 Feb 2, 2013
Got to be gay to qualify for a job at the City of Leesville anyway so get used to it.
You can't drive down 3rd. St. without seeing at least two. Our local Bed & Breakfast is full of them also.

Coincidence?
confused

Leesville, LA

#29 Feb 2, 2013
To me the real issue is; can anyone force a private organization to accept members they do not want?

Since: Feb 12

Leesville Louisiana

#30 Feb 2, 2013
The real issue is this: the BSA may be a "private" organization, but it receives "public" (taxpayers) funding and, therefore, is prohibited from discriminating against anyone.

A Boy Scout group in Alaska is about to get nearly $1,000,000 worth of federal funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

Both HUD and White House websites have rules that say no grant-receiving group can discriminate against anyone who wants to use the service.
confused wrote:
To me the real issue is; can anyone force a private organization to accept members they do not want?
RISE UP!!

United States

#31 Feb 2, 2013
Sad

“Come on, really?”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#32 Feb 2, 2013
[QUOTE who="RISE UP!!"]Sad[/QUOTE]
But true. BEMBH is correct.
info101

United States

#33 Feb 2, 2013
sure wrote:
Got to be gay to qualify for a job at the City of Leesville anyway so get used to it.
You can't drive down 3rd. St. without seeing at least two. Our local Bed & Breakfast is full of them also.
Coincidence?
you need to hush your mouth and if you don't like it then don't look and quit spreading rumors when it comes to mayor Rose and his friends

“Come on, really?”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#34 Feb 2, 2013
bembh wrote:
The real issue is this: the BSA may be a "private" organization, but it receives "public" (taxpayers) funding and, therefore, is prohibited from discriminating against anyone.
A Boy Scout group in Alaska is about to get nearly $1,000,000 worth of federal funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Both HUD and White House websites have rules that say no grant-receiving group can discriminate against anyone who wants to use the service.<quoted text>
Ok, I had to think about this for a minute
- I agree that BSA should not receive govt dollars if they do not follow the anti-descrimination laws that you mentioned. BUT, how does that justify Planned Parenthood and other programs that use federal dollars for abortion? How about the same tax-payer dollars being used for healthcare and HUD dollars for "illegal aliens" aka undocumented workers? There are many uses of federal dollars, grants, taxpayer money, etc that also violate federal law. Is the Federal Govt going to take the same stand against these programs if they are going to force the dissolution of the BSA through forcing this agenda?. Though I do not agree with BSA on this issue, I feel this will inevitably destroy something that has a profound effect on at least some of the kids today. Before you blast, notice my previous posts as I am not arguing that banning children is a good thing. I feel that a persons sexual orientation has no bearing on BSA and should be a personal choice, neither promoted nor displayed.
mr rogers
#35 Feb 3, 2013
I dont understand how this has become and issue.~ What is the average age of BS? I assumed the average age was 7 to 14? If true is BS asking them to fill out a form stating sexual preference? And if there is a form asking sexual preference I would think that sick and illegal? They for the most part are children, youth at that age there is no sexual prefernce straight or gay. Or is the sexual prefernce directed toward BS leaders? And if so is there a questioner for them? Why is the question of ones sexuality even addressed isn't this a club or organization thats teaches life skills and survival skills not whats your sexuality?

Since: Feb 12

Leesville Louisiana

#36 Feb 3, 2013
Perhaps you should direct your questions to the leadership of BSA. They are the one who have made sexual orientation an issue. Not the kids.
mr rogers wrote:
I dont understand how this has become and issue.~ What is the average age of BS? I assumed the average age was 7 to 14? If true is BS asking them to fill out a form stating sexual preference? And if there is a form asking sexual preference I would think that sick and illegal? They for the most part are children, youth at that age there is no sexual prefernce straight or gay. Or is the sexual prefernce directed toward BS leaders? And if so is there a questioner for them? Why is the question of ones sexuality even addressed isn't this a club or organization thats teaches life skills and survival skills not whats your sexuality?

Since: Feb 12

Leesville Louisiana

#37 Feb 3, 2013
Have you seen any evidence that the federal government is trying to force the dissoluation of the BSA? I haven't, and I think for you to even suggest such a thing is an over-reaction. All I did was respond to a post about BSA being a "private" organization. When you receive taxpayers', i.e., "public," funds, you are no longer a "private" organization, at least in the eyes of the federal government. I agree. That's all.
As for other violations of the use of federal funds, they should be investigated on a case-by-case basis. If the organizations are found to be in violation of federal law, then either 1) they should be prosecuted, or 2) the federal funding should be stopped immediately.

But to suggest that BSA should be allowed to circumvent the law because, hey, Planned Parenthood and others do it, is not the proper law enforcement response.
AlwaysLurking wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, I had to think about this for a minute
- I agree that BSA should not receive govt dollars if they do not follow the anti-descrimination laws that you mentioned. BUT, how does that justify Planned Parenthood and other programs that use federal dollars for abortion? How about the same tax-payer dollars being used for healthcare and HUD dollars for "illegal aliens" aka undocumented workers? There are many uses of federal dollars, grants, taxpayer money, etc that also violate federal law. Is the Federal Govt going to take the same stand against these programs if they are going to force the dissolution of the BSA through forcing this agenda?. Though I do not agree with BSA on this issue, I feel this will inevitably destroy something that has a profound effect on at least some of the kids today. Before you blast, notice my previous posts as I am not arguing that banning children is a good thing. I feel that a persons sexual orientation has no bearing on BSA and should be a personal choice, neither promoted nor displayed.
bembh3

Leesville, LA

#38 Feb 3, 2013
bembh wrote:
Perhaps you should direct your questions to the leadership of BSA. They are the one who have made sexual orientation an issue. Not the kids.<quoted text>
I agree.
mr rogers
#39 Feb 3, 2013
You agree what? That was the point! Wtf are you even agreed to? What are you talking about "bembh's" that was the whole point~idiots. What exactly did bembh and the bembh hamburgler conclude from my questions? Either you two are drunk, drugged or confused the whole point was why is sexual preference even a concern? Reread. Are you trying to imply I blame children? I think what was said was that at that "age sexual preference is no concern" You to are idiots~reread. You bembh missed the point and you bembh3 are a waste.

“Come on, really?”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#40 Feb 3, 2013
bembh wrote:
Have you seen any evidence that the federal government is trying to force the dissoluation of the BSA? I haven't, and I think for you to even suggest such a thing is an over-reaction. All I did was respond to a post about BSA being a "private" organization. When you receive taxpayers', i.e., "public," funds, you are no longer a "private" organization, at least in the eyes of the federal government. I agree. That's all.
As for other violations of the use of federal funds, they should be investigated on a case-by-case basis. If the organizations are found to be in violation of federal law, then either 1) they should be prosecuted, or 2) the federal funding should be stopped immediately.
But to suggest that BSA should be allowed to circumvent the law because, hey, Planned Parenthood and others do it, is not the proper law enforcement response.
<quoted text>
Ok, first, I wasnt attacking your post, I was expanding from it. I did not say that the federal govt was trying to desolve the BSA, I was saying that folks who do not accept it will affect the BSA by not choosing to continue to participate, including their kids. I was not over-reacting, I was stating the inevitability of how the church will affect the change in position since they have such an influence over something that is primarily faith based. I also did not suggest that anyone circumvent the law, I was pointing out that there were other fish to fry that already had batter on them (per se). My point there was clean the whole house, not just the laundry room. I previously agreed with you that in order for BSA to be funded, they would have to a. Change their position or b. Stop using govt funding.

Also, what the BSA is objecting to is not the children, it is to the parents and volunteers being GLBT. They feel that it will influence the children. This is in line with other comments that stated they were not concerned with anothers sexual orientation, but how it is publicly displayed and affected their family or forced them to explain to young children something that should not have to be discussed at a young age.

For future reference, whether you agree with me or not, I am willing to discuss/debate with someone that has a point of view. I am not willing to give time nor respect to the idiots out there that talk smack with nothing to back it up or just inflame a conversation for the fun of it. This is why I was debating with BEMBH, and antagonizing BEMBH3, HM etc. I do not agree with ANYONE 100% of the time but I can respect another's point of view. It leads to a objective evaluation especially when I have to think about where the other person is coming from. This is why my post started with " I had to think about it..."

“Come on, really?”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#41 Feb 3, 2013
Oops. Disolve, not desolve.
mr rogers
#42 Feb 3, 2013
thank you Always Lurking, you answered a few of my questions and you did it without being an ahole like some.
Cajun Injector

Leesville, LA

#43 Feb 3, 2013
Its a matter of time until the federal government uses our tax dollars to start doin research to see how one mans semen in another mans anus can create a baby. Then said baby will get a special benefit i am sure. And you liberal [email protected] will just jump right on the band wagon. It is coming.

“Come on, really?”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#44 Feb 3, 2013
Cajun Injector wrote:
Its a matter of time until the federal government uses our tax dollars to start doin research to see how one mans semen in another mans anus can create a baby. Then said baby will get a special benefit i am sure. And you liberal [email protected] will just jump right on the band wagon. It is coming.
LOL. So you think we are on the brink of creating a baby from a man's anus huh? Tell me, what branch of the Federal Government is involved in anal birth research? I can see why you are so concerned. BTW, I am a Conservative.

Last question: Do you understand the underlying requirements for childbirth?

WOW.

“Come on, really?”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#45 Feb 3, 2013
This is the hysterical mentality that elevates an issue like this into absolute absurdity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anacoco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trump (Nov '15) 18 hr Mr Charlie 357
Reveiw: Duffy's Brick Oven Pizza (Feb '10) Jun 21 1605abc 15
Public Notice Jun 21 Mr Charlie 2
Your Constitution ! Jun 21 Mr Charlie 8
News Braxton wanted for armed robbery, also a suspec... (Oct '07) Jun 15 Really 10
2+2=black&blue Jun 14 El Pablito 10
In Old Mexico Jun 11 Mr Charlie 32
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Anacoco Mortgages