Leesville to move city offices to for...

Leesville to move city offices to former state school building

Posted in the Anacoco Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 Oct 22, 2012
The former state school on West Texas Highway will become the new home for the City of Leesville municipal offices.
Mayor Robert Rose announced the plans at a press conference on Friday.

"Remember when you first started high school?" asked Rose. "Then jump to twelfth grade when the sky was the limit and you had a feeling of hope."
The former Leesville High School closed in 1959, and was vacant for a while.

The building then served the disabled members of the community, before it was closed again.
Rose said city council members came up with the idea of using the building, and approached Sen. John Smith, District 30, and Rep. James Armes, District 30.

"They helped the city turn this idea into reality," Rose said.
The City of Leesville will enter into an agreement with the State of Louisiana to acquire the old school on Nov. 1.
After renovation, the building will house Leesville City Hall, City Court, Clerk of Court, Ward Marshall, and the Leesville Police Department.

The gymnasium and swimming pool will be refurbished for the public's use along with a football and soccer field.

IS THIS A GOOD OR BAD THING?

Location hidden

#2 Oct 22, 2012
Dr. Laura Brackin, DHH Assistant Secretary for the Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities, was a guest speaker.
"It was important for me to come here today to speak about our partnership with the City of Leesville," Brackin said.
She said there have been many difficulties, changes, and budget shortfalls to deal with while trying to help improve people's lives.
"What is really amazing is that at it's truest form is the leadership of those than can make great things happen, when others can't," Brackin said.
"I can see those possibilities due to the unbelievable leadership in this city," she said. "It takes great teams on both sides, and I look forward to continue working with you." Brackin also praised her staff for their hard work.
"There is much work to be done and it will not be easy," Rose said. "I am asking for volunteers to sit on a planning committee.
"Let's unite to restore our city," he said. "There is a bright future ahead for Leesville. Let's make this building a starting point."

This is another portion of the article in the Leesville Leader. Look at how good they are trying to make Rose look. This is such a joke.

Location hidden

#3 Oct 22, 2012
Also, if we don't have enough money to pay for the water leaks to be repaired or to pay for a full staff of officers on the road at one time, how are we paying for the renovations to the state school building?

“Sneaking up on you”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#4 Oct 22, 2012
Think this may be a good thing the city is crammed in that small building now and to get in and out is not hard but troublesome at times.

The old school needs a face or it will be torn down and this way we keep a building that has been in this town for a long time.

Now I hope this is not a play to make Pat Williams rich

“Sneaking up on you”

Location hidden

#5 Oct 22, 2012
I think the state is going to fit the bill for the up grades, as it will still be state property just a guess

Location hidden

#6 Oct 22, 2012
Oh you know it is a plus for Pat. He and Rose are in bed together. Hopefully, if the state is paying for it, they will use someone outside of Leesville or let state workers do the job. I find it hard to believe that the state is going to let them use the building and do the renovations too. They didn't do it for the school and I don't see it happening now. The state is broke just like the city. It will be nice to remodel the police department though. The dispatch and jail are very cramped. If the city would have done this and not rehired a bunch of the old crew back to the PD, it would have been a good way to "move on" from the Hickman nightmare. A start over if you will. Now its a new building, with several of the same ol' crappy people.
may helm

Leesville, LA

#7 Oct 22, 2012
Good
confused

Westlake, LA

#8 Oct 22, 2012
Nothing ever comes "free." You can bet this is gonna end up costing the city something. I don't believe the state is going to renovate the old high school, gymnasium and swimming pool and just let Leesville use it free. Ain't gonna happen, Seymour!

Seems to me that every penny we can come up with should be put toward repairing water and sewer lines, fixing roads, and replacing broken fire hydrants.

I think this is just one more thing to feed Rose's ego.

Location hidden

#9 Oct 22, 2012
confused wrote:
Nothing ever comes "free." You can bet this is gonna end up costing the city something. I don't believe the state is going to renovate the old high school, gymnasium and swimming pool and just let Leesville use it free. Ain't gonna happen, Seymour!
Seems to me that every penny we can come up with should be put toward repairing water and sewer lines, fixing roads, and replacing broken fire hydrants.
You are exactly right!
OKEYDOKEY

Lake Charles, LA

#10 Oct 22, 2012
The city will have to foot any bills for any upgrades. I would hate to have to pay the electric bill on such a large building and by the way the city is suppose to be running on shoestrings. So now were going to pay large utility bills and upkeep on a large building and also were going to assume the monthly debt of 18 million in water line repairs???? Who's smoking what up there in city hall? I understand he is already promising offices to everyone organization in town. He will probably charge them rent to recoup utility cost and upkeep.
confused

Welsh, LA

#11 Oct 22, 2012
And what's going to happen to the current City Hall building and annex? They may be empty, but they still have to be maintained, and maintenance ain't free either!
OKEYDOKEY wrote:
The city will have to foot any bills for any upgrades. I would hate to have to pay the electric bill on such a large building and by the way the city is suppose to be running on shoestrings. So now were going to pay large utility bills and upkeep on a large building and also were going to assume the monthly debt of 18 million in water line repairs???? Who's smoking what up there in city hall? I understand he is already promising offices to everyone organization in town. He will probably charge them rent to recoup utility cost and upkeep.
confused

Welsh, LA

#12 Oct 22, 2012
Do you suppose that once King Robert consolidates his kingdom at the top of the hill, he'll build a moat around it to keep all us peasants out?

He'd better hurry. He's only got about a year and a half left to serve before he's history!

“Sneaking up on you”

Location hidden

#13 Oct 22, 2012
confused wrote:
Well I was attempting to be on the up swing and not be full of all this doom and gloom you say I am and here you are bring me down !

So I can now say what I really think, and thats WTF Rose are you out your mind FIX the DAMN WATER BEFORE YOU BUILD SOMETHING YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY FOR.

Is he out his F'en mind to do this granted the city need a bigger building but not now not then there are fire hydrants running water out into the streets in Lee Hills for years, and there are streets that are in such bad repaire that even a 4x4 can't get over them.

Fix the sewer lines in the city I have counted 5 broken lines juat on 5th street, and they have started working on the one next to the gas station across from Subway but water is still pouring out.

Get rid of Dr. Lords as when the next hearing for anyone of the police or firefighter come up is she going to voice her oppion or back out, if she stays if I was that officer I would sue the hell out of the for confict of interest !

Does Rose have any commond sence in running a city as it looks your acting like a Democrat by spead, spead, spead, let the next guy fix it, before you move show the people of Leesvile where is the money coming from or stop all work !!

Is that good confused or did I over step my rant ?
confused

Westlake, LA

#14 Oct 22, 2012
I think the world is coming to an end, Ghost. I totally agree with everything you said, just wish I'd said it first! LOL!
Ghostsniper389 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I was attempting to be on the up swing and not be full of all this doom and gloom you say I am and here you are bring me down !
So I can now say what I really think, and thats WTF Rose are you out your mind FIX the DAMN WATER BEFORE YOU BUILD SOMETHING YOU DON'T HAVE MONEY FOR.
Is he out his F'en mind to do this granted the city need a bigger building but not now not then there are fire hydrants running water out into the streets in Lee Hills for years, and there are streets that are in such bad repaire that even a 4x4 can't get over them.
Fix the sewer lines in the city I have counted 5 broken lines juat on 5th street, and they have started working on the one next to the gas station across from Subway but water is still pouring out.
Get rid of Dr. Lords as when the next hearing for anyone of the police or firefighter come up is she going to voice her oppion or back out, if she stays if I was that officer I would sue the hell out of the for confict of interest !
Does Rose have any commond sence in running a city as it looks your acting like a Democrat by spead, spead, spead, let the next guy fix it, before you move show the people of Leesvile where is the money coming from or stop all work !!
Is that good confused or did I over step my rant ?

“Sneaking up on you”

Location hidden

#15 Oct 22, 2012
confused wrote:
I think the world is coming to an end, Ghost. I totally agree with everything you said, just wish I'd said it first! LOL!
<quoted text>
Sorry you get the next rant, I am sure you'll put me in my place and yes I think the world is coming to an end as we know it for both of us to agree is out the box man I must be drinking too much koolaid lol J/k you don't drink koolaid it's bad for your blood sugar lol !!

“Sneaking up on you”

Location hidden

#16 Oct 22, 2012
confused wrote:
Do you suppose that once King Robert consolidates his kingdom at the top of the hill, he'll build a moat around it to keep all us peasants out?
He'd better hurry. He's only got about a year and a half left to serve before he's history!
Can he do that on a state hwy.... build the moat that is now that would be cool to see he could put havemercy in it to keep the gators out!
confused

Westlake, LA

#17 Oct 22, 2012
Speaking of havemercy, where is he? On vacation?
friendofafriendo fafriend

Leesville, LA

#18 Oct 23, 2012
Ghostsniper389 wrote:
<quoted text>
yall so funny. heres some info for ya (cuz my cousin has an inside person up there).
this idea didnt start with rose he just thought it was good and ran with it. to be honest it came from one of the counselers who who always fights him. he was the one who started this thing rollin.
then other counselers jumpped on board.
so go on now and say what an awesome idea it is now that you know it didnt come from the guy you hate. say how its gonna benafit the city cuz it came from someone you like.
go ahead. you know you want to.
#lelelelelalalalaohwhatever
Hillbilly

United States

#19 Oct 23, 2012
Ghostsniper389 wrote:
Think this may be a good thing the city is crammed in that small building now and to get in and out is not hard but troublesome at times.
The old school needs a face or it will be torn down and this way we keep a building that has been in this town for a long time.
Now I hope this is not a play to make Pat Williams rich
Pat Williams is already rich.

“Sneaking up on you”

Location hidden

#20 Oct 23, 2012
Hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Pat Williams is already rich.
I guess he is, if you say so !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anacoco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Section Line Road Bridge 7 min I Spy Joe 18
They went to Jared 6 hr PoppaJoeGreezeedik 13
Trump Traitors Ride 8 hr fishingman 5
More Police Blotter 22 hr fishingman 4
3 deputies fired Fri Jo Ho Ho 14
$218,000 of Pot May 24 private i 7
Police Blotter May 23 JoeCop 169

Anacoco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance