US gas prices jump 19 cents a gallon

US gas prices jump 19 cents a gallon

There are 28 comments on the Times Post story from Apr 10, 2011, titled US gas prices jump 19 cents a gallon. In it, Times Post reports that:

The average U.S. price of a gallon of gasoline has jumped 19 cents over the past three weeks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dontcare

United States

#27 Apr 11, 2011
Master_Blaster wrote:
sorry, i have no need to pull a tree anywhere, ya goon.
also, i smoke seedless, braskis. seedy weed is for trailer park kids. and even if i were throwing roaches out on the interstate, they are completely bio-degradable.
sucks that you guys don't care about the environment. it IS what you depend on to live, you know. i guess you're part of the problem.
i don't think electric cars and hybrids are a bad idea, i just would like them to be an option and not shoved in my face. There should be at least another 5 years of R&D just on efficiency, right now they are no better than gas burners. The worst thing about them is pricing and low performance. Tesla has very fast and very efficient fully electric cars, but, they cost over $100,000. I am not saying all electric and hybrid cars should have supercar performance but i don't want a prius or volt either. Manufacturers should at least make them afffordable to the masses.
metoo

United States

#29 Apr 11, 2011
Master_Blaster wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree.
but to get that kind of R&D, we need support from the masses. the dumber segments of this society eat up anything that resembles resistance to change, so it's important to show clear support for it. no one is going to force you to buy an electric car, so just get over that.
As long as the oil companies control the government i won't be forced to buy an electric or hybrid. Later, i say in 20 years, there may be no choice.
dontcare

United States

#30 Apr 12, 2011
Master_Blaster wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree.
but to get that kind of R&D, we need support from the masses. the dumber segments of this society eat up anything that resembles resistance to change, so it's important to show clear support for it. no one is going to force you to buy an electric car, so just get over that.
I know, i'm just on edge about it, the government wants everybody to make the switch and i wouldn't mind having a hybrid for the 60 miles a day i drive to work and back 5-6 days a week but i'm not ready to say bye to gas guzzling power houses, I am a car guy.

United States

#31 Apr 12, 2011
Anyone know The girls name. At rack room shoes
dontcare

United States

#32 Apr 12, 2011
guest wrote:
Anyone know The girls name. At rack room shoes
don't post that here, start your own thread.

Since: Aug 10

Pattison, MS

#33 Apr 12, 2011
Master_Blaster wrote:
<quoted text>gas prices are not going back down, dumbass. get used to it. i hope it's worth it for your precious muscle car.

alternative energy sources will become more reliable when more R&D has been done, which will require the support of more american people to get the numbskulls in d.c. to approve the funding.

also, the environment called. it said thanks for being a jerk.
Oh, so the government should give money to corporations as long as it's doing things you agree with?
dontcare

United States

#34 Apr 12, 2011
Mt_Dew_king wrote:
Yeah, whenever is good for you. I'm pretty flexible. I meant no ill will against you, just trying to gauge where my car sits as far as all the modifications.
As far as fuel efficient cars go, mines not the BEST, but by far not the worst.
I'll holler at you friday afternoon.
9Pelicans

Saltillo, MS

#36 Apr 14, 2011
Thank you Barack Hussein Obama! Hope and change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amory Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
moving to Amory (Dec '13) Aug 30 Someone 5
David Long, anyone have any info? Aug 30 Someone 1
kayla richey Aug 30 Longone 2
Jeff Palmer/crookedcop Aug 29 WashingtonTimes 1
Alex Christian... What is this guy's story? (Feb '15) Aug 28 adventurous girl 3
News Junior Auxiliary hosts School Aid lunch Aug 26 All one size 1
peggy crane Aug 26 WOW 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Amory Mortgages